Over-35 Soccer

Discussion in 'Philadelphia OT' started by Dills, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You talking about the guy on our team, right?
    Yowch. The defenders - myself included :oops: - hang you out to dry sometimes. The -32 goal differential could be better.

We do have 2 more games this season; Tues the 10th @ 8:50, then Tues the 17th at 7.
    http://smg-sportsplex.ezleagues.ezfacility.com/leagues/192380/Tuesday-Men's-Over-35.aspx

2. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    Yeah. He only played a couple of times for us, but I don't think he was actually registered for the individual team.

I actually enjoyed playing goalie, especially when I made saves, but there were times when these guys took shots that came in like laser beams that I wonder if even a better goalie had a shot at stopping. I don't blame the defense because there were plenty of shots that I should have stopped.

I was planning on signing up again for the next one, but I may be going away on business for a month at the beginning of January, and I don't want to pay money only to miss half the season. Maybe I will. I don't know.

3. miked9

miked9 Member+

May 4, 2000
    Philadelphia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am a couple years away from playing in this league, but the last few seasons in Casa & PSSC I have definitely started daydreaming about playing in an over-35 league. How are the facilities out there? How much does it cost & how many games are in a season?

4. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The facilities are awesome. It's an old big box store, so there's tons of square footage. 3 soccer fields and 3 or 4 basketball/volleyball courts, plus a couple private birthday party rooms.
    https://tms.ezfacility.com/OnlineRegistrations/Register.aspx?CompanyID=2450&GroupID=933203
    $80 registration fee, includes a t-shirt for the "individual" team. Got an email saying if I register by Dec 31st the fee will be reduced by $50. Don't know if it applies to everyone, or only returnees. There's something like 7-8 games a season.

5. Handsome Pete

Handsome Pete Member+

May 16, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I need a 35+ league that will allow me to relive my glory days at the Woodhaven Sports Center.

6. ScottyMac26

ScottyMac26 Member+

Jan 13, 2012
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I'm decidedly Over 35 at 44. Plenty of slow twitch muscles, just finished my first century ride. Played keeper in an over 30 league, still generally athletic. I'm just past the point of caring if I win or not. So if you need a body, I'll play. If it's guys thinking this is their last chance to get noticed by a scout, pass.