outrageous drug sweep in SC school

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by afgrijselijkheid, Nov 8, 2003.

1. Hard Karl

Hard Karl New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    I'd counter that by then saying where does it stop? I'm going to be a highschool teacher in about a year. I very vividly recall Columbine and all that stuff. Should I bring my handgun concealed to class when I have to hand out a bunch or exams with poor marks on them in case on 14-18 kid flips out? Do we arm the deans too? They're the ones who deal with kids caught with drugs and such.

However, just as I remember all the incidents of school violence, I also remember recent incidents of police with their guns out shooting innocent people. The two people killed by cops "On accident" on the same day in Chicago comes to mind. So does Amadou Diallo getting shot 41 times in his doorway by the NYPD. Everytime I'm dealing with cops should I have a gun drawn just in case one of them "freaks out"? I know that sounds a bit rediculous but it follows the same line of thinking. A group of people with a history of violence and freaking out and me (or anyone) being scared of them and wanting to protect myself.

When I was in highschool, we had drug busts but they didn't look like hostage situations.

2. Hard Karl

Hard Karl New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    Furthermore, and I wish I could find it, did anyone see the haircut of the police cheif at the press conference later that day? Sweet suffering christ! I don't think I could ever trust someone with a flat-top like that.

3. Malaga CF fan

Malaga CF fan Member

Apr 19, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Taken from the Simpsons, Mother Simpson episode.

She walks out to where Abe is watching TV.

Grandma: Abe, isn't Homer cute?

Abe: Probably. I'm trying to watch the Super Bowl. If people don't support this thing, it might not make it.

Cosell: [on TV] Joe Willy Namath, swaggering off the field, his sideburns an apogee of sculpted sartorium -- the foppish follicles pioneered by Ambrose Burnside, Appomattox 1865.
    ["Sunshine of Your Love" starts playing]

Grandma: [voice over] His wild, untamed facial hair revealed a new world of rebellion -- of change. A world where doors were open for women like me. [music stops] But Abe was stuck in his button-down plastic-fantastic Madison Avenue scene.

Abe: Look at them sideburns! He looks like a girl. Now, Johnny Unitas [picture of Unitas on TV screen with military-style flat top] -- there's a haircut you could set your watch to.