Out with the new, in with the old - The 2022-23 Transfer thread

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by celito, May 23, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barc@4ever

Barc@4ever Member

Barcelona
    Jul 21, 2020
    Roberto have been a liability for almost 10 years and is a thousand times worse than Alves currently yet he was offered another year for 30 times the salary Alves is taking.

As I said before nothing changed , the current management is as bad as the previous.

2. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Agree. But we just need to know who's gonna play RB. We still gonna rely on Dest ?

I think that overall, this short stint from Alves was more positive than negative. Had some assists and the goal vs Atletico.

Jpows repped this.
  3. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    Xavi replied to Dani's post:

[​IMG]

4. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    More like, the current mgmt is forced into moves like this because of the previous mgmt. The current mgmt tried to get a better RB (Azpilicueta) but it didn't work out. Dest doesn't seem to be very good. And we have no money to go after good players.

Plus, isn't the average contract value of the current Barca squad around €30M (excluding guys on youth contracts)? A €5M contract is not a big commitment in the grand scheme of things.

celito and Jpows repped this.
  5. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    I think it’s a darn shame we missed out on Mazraoui who we could have gotten on a free. We have a great relationship with Ajax and could have made more of an effort to get him over here. He’s always been better than Dest seeing as the latter was always a back-up whenever Mazraoui was fit. Wages couldn’t have been the problem either as Bayern don’t tend to give out massive contracts.

So either the board/xavi did not rate him, which would be odd as I think he’d be a great fit here, or Mazraoui only wanted Bayern.

He’s quick, skillful, good passer of the ball, great at combinations, has a great shot on him and is solid defensively. Low risk high potential reward signing IMO.

DutchFanatic and BocaFan repped this.
  6. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    there were lots of reports that Barca were very interested in him and tried to sign him, but he had lots of offers to chose from and chose somewhere else

DutchFanatic repped this.
  7. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Trending

[emoji599][emoji599]| BREAKING: FC Barcelona would have more than €200M to strengthen the team this summer.
    @COPE [[emoji2422]]

Jpows repped this.
  8. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    [emoji599] Bernardo Silva has an agreement with Manchester City to allow him to leave this summer and Barcelona are now able to afford his transfer fee after last night’s member vote.

(Source: @gerardromero)

9. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Joan Laporta and Barcelona FC's Board of Directors received a breath of fresh air from the Assembly of delegates who approved the two proposals that were presented to them.

The partners loosely authorized the sale of 49% of BLM and the transfer of 25% of LaLiga's television rights for a maximum of 25 years. The Board will get down to work now to find the best offers, which will report, in the words of Laporta, a minimum of $600 million.

10. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    Even though I understand the haste, as Barcelona is a big club with big ambitions, I’m still not sure how I feel about all of this. I’d probably have gone a different, less popular route, which would require short-term sacrifice for better long-term rewards. I’m not certain that these deals are going to benefit us long-term, or at least it’ll put us at a disadvantage vis-a-vis other big clubs financial-wise in the long run.

With that being said, I just hope that the money we get out of this is at least going to be spent wisely.

What I would not like to see us doing.

1. Give into the demands of Dembele and that video that surfaced where he basically says that he’s staying here is concerning. The guy really should be done here. Nothing can be the same again after the disrespect he has shown this club.

2. Pay more than 35m for Lewandowski given his age, length of contract, the risk-factor of a swift decline, and re-sale value.

3. Pay more than 45-50m for Raphinha who has just been relegated with his team and is largely unproven at the highest level.

4. Sign too many 30+ players.

What I would like to see.

1. Renovate Gavi, stat. The guy is an academy product who, together with Pedri and Araujo, form the faces of the new generation of FC Barcelona. He’s only 17 and seems to be making great strides which we have seen in the Spanish NT.

2. Sign Bernardo Silva who can be a direct starter in this team and would undoubtedly have a direct (positive) impact on our team. He’d be a great fit here IMO.

3. I’ve heard rumors about Kounde, he’s young, has plenty of Liga experience in one of the best teams in said league. Haven’t seen much of him tbh. However, depending on the price I’d give it a try. With the hopeful exodus of two French CB’s and Pique’s age and future uncertain we can bring him in. Araujo-Kounde sounds good to me.

4. Sign a proper RB If they don’t trust Dest and back-up LB who’s name is NOT Mingueza.

5. Sell off deadweight, which includes, but is not limited to, Braithewaite, Umtiti, Lenglet, L de Jong, Traore, Mingueza and maybe even Depay.

11. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    Leeds was not relegated, largely thanks to Raphinha's performances.
    but i agree with the rest of your post.

this was him after finishing the last match of the season three points above the relegation zone
    [​IMG]

Jpows repped this.
  12. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    My bad. I should have said, a relegation team, which honestly takes little away from my point. He is largely unproven on the highest stage. 45-50m. No more IMO.

13. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006
    Why do you keep trying to sell Frenkie de Jong; whereas you have a lot of other deadweight like Luuk, Umtiti, Braithewaite, Lenglet, etc.

Moreover, hold onto players past their prime; Busquets, Pique, etc.

Your clubs makes braindead decisions.

14. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I don’t think you’re considering the clubs financial situation with this comment and the context of some of the contracts of those dead weight players .

Jpows repped this.
  15. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    If only it were that straightforward. If you dig in a little deeper you’ll know exactly why.

Why doesn’t Real “just” sell Mariano, for example? Maybe that’ll help the thought process on this deadweight issue.

Mind you I do agree that the players you mentioned are indeed deadweight and would love nothing more for them to be sold.

16. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    There seems to be a lot of of speculation tonight suggesting that our financial woes are either over or will be in the coming days

17. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Official

The Assembly approves the mechanisms to refloat the Club's finances by a clear majority

Delegate members place their trust in the Board of Directors and approve the cession of a minority stake in BLM and the TV rights with 88% and 87% of votes in favour respectively

18. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I don’t think we’ll sign Bernardo Silva, unless we’re selling Frenkie. Still think he should never be sold because it makes no sense. The Barca CEO claims it would not be for financial reason, then why sell him sporting wise?

BocaFan repped this.
  19. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    On the Frenkie topic. I think he’s a great player, fantastic at “carrying” the ball forward or making penetrating runs into space, is difficult to dispossess, has an elegant technique and is a good passer of the ball. He’s pretty good defensively as well having played as a make-shift CB for both Ajax and Barcelona in the past.

The “problem” for us has always been getting the most out of Frenkie’s skillset at Barcelona. I’d even hazard saying that we’ve never seen the Ajax CL semi-final Frenkie ever since he’s joined us. This can have a many reasons, some of which isn’t by fault of his own, like not playing in his ideal position and having arrived at Barcelona in a less then ideal era where we’re struggling to get our identity back.

Frenkie is the type of player that you build a team around by putting him in his ideal position and start from there. If they don’t want to do that at Barcelona for x reason, than maybe it wouldn’t be such a bad idea to let him go to a team where their midfield is in shambles and Frenkie will be the one they want to build around.

I’d love for him to stay, cause even out of position and under the circumstances he’s arguably been our most consistent player and never really has a “bad” game while often having good to great games. But even he regularly admits to being able to do better. We need to give him that proper opportunity or let him go.

BocaFan, evil_allan, celito and 2 others repped this.
  20. Curls

Curls Member

Oct 22, 2017
    While i like Frenkie a lot and believe he hasn't even come close to realising his potential here (hasn't had the chance due to playing out of position), i wouldn't be massively disappointed if he leaves if it meant Nico Gonzalez eventually ended up playing the central role. I don't believe Nico has received the praise he deserves for some of his performances. He carries the ball extremely well, has great technique, presses well, is creative and also has pace, height and strength. I think the guy has huge potential.

unclesox repped this.
  21. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Agree totally ..
    I’d be ok with losing FDJ if we get Bernardo Silva

22. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    As much as I want Frenkie to stay, you make an argument I'm finding tough to disagree with.

I don't know how Arthur Melo is doing at Juve but I'm still bummed we were denied seeing the potential partnership of Arthur and Frenkie working together at Barca. On paper, it sure looked appetizing.

23. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    (emphasis added)
    What does this mean?

24. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    BLM = Barça Licensing & Merchandising, the company owned by the club responsible for negotiating licenses and merchandising

evil_allan repped this.
  25. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry, that's not what I mean. What does the quote about them mean? What does "approve the cession" mean?