Out with the new, in with the old - The 2022-23 Transfer thread

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by celito, May 23, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    downloadpf.jpg

2. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    [Gerard Romero] Barça will NOT sign AZPILICUETA this summer The blue captain will renew 2 seasons with Chelsea, in hours it will be official

3. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Both #mufc and Chelsea are said to be prepared to pay Frenkie de Jong the £17 million he is owed by Barcelona in wages. [@ChrisWheelerDM, @TomCollomosse]

4. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    most of the english speaking media coverage of barca's transfer window has been absolute garbage, they have no idea what they're talking about.

braithwaite and dejong are in very different boats.

braithwaite has no place in the team and won't play if he stays, so the club wants him out. he'd rather stay and see out his contract because his family is settled and he has some non-football business interests in the city. my guess it that he eventually leaves. otherwise he sees out his contract watching from the stands and has very little chance of being selected for denmark's world cup squad.

dejong is very well liked by xavi and the rest of the club. but the contract he signed with the previous board doesn't accurately reflect his importance to the team at a time when the club is under a lot of pressure to reduce their wage bill in order to meet LaLiga's salary limits. he's the highest paid player on the team and his wages increase significantly every season for the next 4 years, but he isn't even a guaranteed starter anymore and his performances have been underwhelming and inconsistent. there are a handful of other players who are more important to the team but get paid much less. the club would like to renegotiate his contract with lower wages, otherwise it's hard to justify keeping him. he says he doesn't want to leave or accept a wage cut, so they're at a bit of a stand off now. i have no idea how this one will end.

Gilmango repped this.
  5. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    #480 evil_allan, Aug 4, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2022
    Riqui Puig joins LA Galaxy on a free transfer.
    Barca retains a buy-back clause and 50% of any future sale.
    bit of a strange choice, but best of luck to him.

[​IMG]

6. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Interesting

Pep Guardiola on Bernardo Silva: "I would like for Bernardo to stay in Manchester. He's a very special player. But I don't know what's going to happen."

7. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Pep Guardiola on Bernardo Silva and Barcelona: “I would love for Bernardo to continue, but… I don't know what will happen. Players sometimes have a desire and I'm not a person to stop a person's desire”. [emoji599][emoji838] #MCFC

“I want Bernardo to stay here, 100%. We will see what happens”.

8. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Interesting

[emoji599][emoji599]| Frenkie De Jong wants to join Bayern Munich.
    @BILD [[emoji2422]] [emoji599][emoji599]|

9. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
  10. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel like if we had a crystal ball we could have sold him for 30+ Million (if we did NOT insist on a buyback clause). Oh well.

Double checked transfermarkt to be grounded and they pretty much agree:
    Highest market value:

$27.50m

Jul 23, 2020 https://www.transfermarkt.us/riqui-puig/profil/spieler/331511

11. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Chelsea have submitted an offer worth €70m + Marcos Alonso for Frenkie de Jong. [sport] #fcblive [emoji1179]

12. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    [emoji599][emoji599][emoji736]| Chelsea are READY to pay the full transfer fee & cover Frenkie De Jong's current deferred salary with FC Barcelona.
    @David_Ornstein [[emoji2422]]

13. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Here we go

[emoji599][emoji599][emoji736]| BREAKING: Bernardo Silva is looking for a house in Barcelona.
    @gerardromero [[emoji2422]]

14. Teak

Teak Member+

Feyenoord, VfB Stuttgart, Valencia
    Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Have Barcelona sold all of last season's players yet, and bought an entire new squad?

Checking for a friend. ;)

15. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    At last look it was CHELSEA who had sold a complete side ...

Werner sold today with Hudson-Odoi putting in a transfer request yesterday on top of the others who have already gone or due to leave - ie Ziyech , Gilmour , Barkley etc

We’ve offloaded a couple with others due to follow ..

Currently we have a pretty amazing squad with two fabulous teams plus a few extras

BocaFan repped this.
  16. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    [emoji599][emoji599][emoji736]| FC Barcelona will be able to register EVERYONE with the completion of the fourth economic lever & Pique's salary reduction.

17. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    good article about Liga v. Barca interpretation of the effect of some of the "economic levers" and also how player sales could get things done to register all the new signings: https://12ft.io/proxy?ref=&q=https:...celona-la-liga-dispute-register-new-signings/

Edit - and this says that the 4th lever was activated earlier today (selling another 24.5% of Barca studios for 100M Euros):

inswinger and celito repped this.
  18. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I can't say I understand this explanation from the club for this 150m thing ...

Within this interpretation, Barca’s 50 per cent share in the investment vehicle has brought them €517million in new revenue, as well as creating a new asset of future TV rights beyond the 25-year timeframe. This new asset has a value that should be reflected in their accounts, which Barca and their current auditors have valued at €150million. This is just usual accounting practice, the sources maintain, in accordance with Spanish GAAP (generally accepted accounting principles), which La Liga rules say all clubs must follow.

19. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    Valencia have reached an agreement with Barcelona for Nico. Loan until June 2023, no buy option included in the deal. Nico will also extend his contract before leaving.
    Via: @FabrizioRomano

hope this works out well for Nico. i was hoping to see more of him this season, but a loan could do him more good than sitting on the bench waiting for opportunities. Busi starts, Pjanic stays as his backup, and Nico hopefully comes back next season wiser and stronger after a year of playing every week learning from Gattuso.

celito repped this.
  20. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    So when we loan out or sell a player does that FREE up a space to register one of the new players or does it not work that way ?

21. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Didn't even realize we were trying to loan him out.

22. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Apparently Xavi has been won over by Pjanic’s play and attitude plus he supposedly agreed a massive pay cut .

So Pjanic looks to be staying unless we get a good offer from someone desperate like ManU !!

23. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    anything that reduces our salary budget helps us register new players while staying below LaLiga's salary limit. so sales definitely help.

for loans, it depends on the terms of the loan agreement. if the other club agrees to pay the players salary during the loan, then yes that helps.

i haven't seen any mention on if Valencia will be paying Nico's salary or not. but given barca's issues with staying under the salary limit, i assume that would have been one of their conditions for agreeing to the loan.

24. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Nico's salary is really peanuts as to the amount needed anyways.

BocaFan repped this.
  25. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    This may or may not be common knowledge but ..

[emoji599]| BREAKING: FC Barcelona & Manchester City have an agreement of €50-60M for Bernardo Silva.

Brilliant Dutch repped this.