Out with the new, in with the old - The 2022-23 Transfer thread

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by celito, May 23, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Of all the people in society who could have looked at the situation and say yeah, I can "sacrifice" a bit. Yeah ... don't feel sorry.

Jpows repped this.
  2. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Hard to believe any club would pay that on top of a hefty transfer fee. Seems only fair that Barca would at least pay the part of the salary that was deferred.

3. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    Indeed, I agree. Which is exactly why the thought of them simply taking a pay-cut never crossed my mind. I might be wrong though of course.

4. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    i'm just guessing, but i think at first Bartomeu just asked players to defer their wages.

in his defence, they had no idea how long covid would last and probably hoped things would be back to normal in a few months. it gave them a bit more breathing room at the time, but has effectively left an even bigger mess for Laporta's board to have to clean up.

more recently, Laporta has been able to renegotiate new contracts with some players with significantly reduced wages - Sergi Roberto comes to mind - and are still trying to get others to accept pay cuts as high as 50%.

celito repped this.
  5. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    Official: Barcrlona and Celta Vigo have reached an agreement for the transfer of Oscar Mingueza. Barca retains the right to repurchase the player in the future and 50% of any future sale.

[​IMG]

6. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    Barcelona have sent a first bid to Athletic Club to sign Iñigo Martínez this summer for €15m. Athletic are not expected to accept the proposal, but Barça are not willing to offer more because the player's contract expires in 2023. If the Basque club rejects, Iñigo will run out his contract and join for free next summer. [sport]

7. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    Why though? As a LB alternative? I see that he has played that position before. Otherwise it makes no sense. We have like 6 CB’s currently. Pique, Eric, Araujo, Christensen, Kounde and Umtiti.

8. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Are we really counting Umtiti ?

I thought he’d had another injury setback

9. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    [emoji599][emoji599]| Chelsea are READY to pay €80M for Frenkie De Jong. Once this transfer is completed, FC Barcelona will sign Bernardo Silva. @LluisMascaro

10. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    [emoji599][emoji599]| FC Barcelona have told Chelsea that they want €80M fixed for Frenkie De Jong. Official talks have begun & there is confidence that an agreement can be completed. @sport

11. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    [emoji779]️ President Laporta wants to give Xavi the best possible squad to bring Barça back to the top in European football. Hence, he's not satisfied with the reinforcements achieved so far, and he's determined to make the arrival of Bernardo Silva a reality. [sport] #fcblive [emoji1201]

12. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    According to calculations at Barca, they have a salary margin of + €60M for next season even with new signings already included, club is waiting for LaLiga to validate the same. This leaves ample space for Bernardo Silva signing even if De Jong doesn't leave. @mundodeportivo

13. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    As in all the previous transfers Barcelona have the added advantage that, like the players they already signed, Bernardo Silva really wants to play for Barça.

— @sport

14. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    There is optimism regarding the possible signing of Marcos Alonso. A three year contract has been agreed with the player on a lower salary than he is currently paid at Chelsea. [sport] #fcblive

15. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    It’s happening !!

Just in !!

[emoji599][emoji599]| @gerardromero: “If I say the name of the player's agent meeting with FC Barcelona, a tsunami will occur.”

16. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    (@gerardromero) | [emoji599][emoji599][emoji599][emoji599][emoji599]
    [emoji842]Mateu Alemany and Joan Laporta dine with two players' agent.

[emoji843]If I say the name of the players' agent who are sitting with Laporta now, there will be a tsunami.

IMG_7858.jpg

17. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    evil_allan and Jpows repped this.
  18. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Mmm

[emoji599][emoji599][emoji599] | JUST IN: Barcelona have offered Brighton €50 million + add ons for Marc Cucurella

@gerardromero [[emoji954]]

19. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    This is all so confusing

Agents of Marcos Alonso are in Barcelona’s offices. (@gerardromero)

20. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    Cucurella is going to Chelsea, who reportedly paid over 60m for him. Don’t think he’s worth that kinda money. Glad we came out on top in the battle for Kounde instead of Cucurella vs Chelsea.

BocaFan repped this.
  21. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    [emoji599][emoji599]| BIG & GREAT things are happening at FC Barcelona.
    @gerardromero [[emoji2422]]

22. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    [emoji599][emoji599]| FC Barcelona are now able to sign Bernardo Silva without selling any player; the club is once again in a very healthy economic situation.
    @QueThiJugues [[emoji2422]]

23. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I read somewhere that Umtiti and Braithwaite had both been told they would not be receiving first team squad numbers. (#1 through #25)
    Last season Braithwaite wore 12 and Umtiti had 23.

Traditionally, the Gamper is when the first team members along with their squad numbers are revealed.

24. Serengeti_Boy

Serengeti_Boy Member+

Sep 15, 2009
    Serengeti, East Africa
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Tanzania
    Can I ask why doesn't Barca want to pay th we players. Braithewait is in the same boat ad FDJ isn't it.

25. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    What ?