Out with the new, in with the old - The 2022-23 Transfer thread

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by celito, May 23, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ok. Going with this. If somebody posts something clever I can always change it. :ROFLMAO:

unclesox repped this.
  2. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Lewandowski's agent putting in some strong words about wanting to leave Bayern. Basically saying Bayern really shouldn't want to keep him an extra year.

Dembele's people have apparently not talked to Barca about a new deal for 6 months now. If you want to believe it, Mbappe wants Dembele at PSG.

3. Barc@4ever

Barc@4ever Member

Barcelona
    Jul 21, 2020
    We already have a 32 year Auba as our CF why on earth would we want to spend money on a 33 year old CF when we need to bring so many defenders.

Other than Alba , Araujo , Pique and Dest we have no subs , Balde is too young , Alves is too old , Roberto isn't even a defender , Lenglet/Umtiti/Garcia/Mingueza are horrible when it comes to defending , there is just waaay too much dead weight in our squad in the back + Torres.

ShortyMac repped this.
  4. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    And Lewa will be turning 34 before the end of the transfer window.

Of course we could play both Auba and Lewa, just like Auba regularly played with Lacazette at Arsenal (4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1). It's not like we have too much depth in attack. But I get your point - we need defenders more.

5. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I kind of agree, but just not sure Auba is enough for the whole season. And if Lewa is really saying money isn't an issue, I am all for it. The problem is the transfer fee.

Agreed on other positions. AFAIK Umtiti, Mingueza are part of the group of players that are on the way out. Not sure who the club is targetting.

I did see yesterday somewhere that Kessie is a done deal. Perhaps I missed the news somewhere earlier. He is coming on a free transfer.

ShortyMac and BocaFan repped this.
  6. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    We aren’t paying more than 40 million for Lewandowski. Bayern can go to hell. We offered around 36 million. They should take the deal because no one is going to pay more than 40 million for a 33 year old striker that has one year of contract, even if the player is Lewandowski.

celito repped this.
  7. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    If we’re planning to sign Raphinha, then it makes no sense to keep Dembele. He should be sold. Also, I hate the fact Bayern is trying to rinse us. They forget that this isn’t Bartomeu’s board, anymore.

8. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  9. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    I can’t even bring myself to look at our transfer targets of late. The thread title is perfectly suited. I’ve seen us linked to every 30+ year old out there who’s available atm. Alonso, Di Maria, Lewandowski, Azpi. Add to that the ones we already have and I just don’t know wtf this club is doing anymore and where we’re going at this point.

Are we just looking for stop gaps until our financial situations allows us to spend on proper players? Is there simply a lack of attainable proper players atm and this is the best we can get for the time being? Will the contracts given to these aging players be a stumbling block yet again in the near future like Umtiti has been?

I just hope the board is being sensible about all of these transfer targets. I mean, the reason we’re looking for an Alba substitute is because of his age, so idk how Alonso fixes that. Is grandpa Azpi supposed to replace grandpa Pique? Why is Di Maria even remotely linked to us? Ffs.

Only one I’d possibly take on a short term deal is Lewandowski, but I wouldn’t be disappointed if we didn’t get him either.

BocaFan repped this.
  10. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I'm sure someone else - like Chelsea for e.g. - will pay €40mn. I hope Barca doesn't get in a bidding war for a player/position that shouldn't be a top priority right now.

Another reason not to go after Lewa is that if we don't get him, Madrid might - and I think that's good. Anything to upset Benzema's chemistry there...

Jpows repped this.
  11. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Agree. And the problem with buying grandpas is that they have no re-sale value. Which is not good if you are financially strapped.

So in essence, Lewa is more expensive than Haaland or any young player. Haaland could always be sold in 2-3 years, probably at a profit margin that pays most of his salary during those years as well. Whereas, 40 million might sound cheap but he will ultimately leave for free. It is a net loss of 40mn.

Jpows repped this.
  12. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I mean yeah ... it's going to take at least a few years to clear the shit left by Bartomeu up. I wouldn't believe any Di Maria rumor. Most likely his agent planting news.

Jpows repped this.
  13. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    #13 JoCryuff98, May 24, 2022
    Last edited: May 24, 2022
    Chelsea is a cursed club for strikers. I don’t see currently owned Chelsea spending over 40 million for a 33 year old Lewy with one year of contract left. This isn’t the Abramovich era anymore, where they‘ll splash money whenever they want. Also, striker is definitely a priority and there’s a chance we could get Lewandowski for a better price, if we negotiate well. Even though he’s on the older side, a fit Lewandowski is very dangerous.

14. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I know the Roman era is over, but we are talking €40 mil here. Chelsea is still a rich club and as such their fans will expect them to spend at least at a moderate level. They'd probably have to first get rid of Lukaku though.

15. Barc@4ever

Barc@4ever Member

Barcelona
    Jul 21, 2020
    And now we are set to sign Marcos Alonso ???? Seriously another +30 year old player :confused:

16. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Fabregas is leaving a Monaco. Perhaps we should get him back :ROFLMAO:

Jpows repped this.
  17. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Bayern want 50m for Lewandowski.

18. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Adiós idiotas. I knew they will try to rinse us. Hope, the board doesn’t overpay and negotiate very hard.

19. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Plenty of time to go for negotiations. From what I've read, they'd probably take 40m. 35 + 5m in variables maybe would do the trick.

20. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yeah, that would be a decent. For some reason, I’ve always felt the Bayern board despise us.

21. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    Hard pass from me if that’s the case.

22. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I hope we can sign him for 35 million.

23. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Trincão will be coming back from his Wolves loan. Doubt they will be triggering the buy option. It would be perfect if we could strike a deal for Raphinha with Leeds getting Trincão. No clue how Trincão did in the EPL this season. Only see 2 EPL goals scored in 28 games.

Raphinha has apparently put in a transfer request at Leeds.

Jpows repped this.
  24. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    I’ll be honest and say I know close to nothing about Raphinha. I know Trincao had a decent start at Wolves but then fell off for whatever reason. Haven’t followed any of these two players close enough to make a proper comparison/assessment.

I just hope we don’t go overspending again and Raphinha turns out to be another Malcom. [mention]celito [/mention] What’s your opinion on Raphinha?

25. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands