Out to Shore?

Discussion in 'Fort Lauderdale Strikers' started by AmericanMag, Apr 21, 2013.

?

Is it time for new management for the Strikers?

1. I have faith in Darryl to turn this around

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. He deserves another season

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. He has until the end of the spring season

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  4. Out now

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. AmericanMag

AmericanMag Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok... So I will do this. Being a Newcastle supporter; change in manager is not new to me. Is it time to look elsewhere?

2. Chowda

Chowda Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    The backline he's built is old and slow, it killed them last night.

If the team loses most of the next several games, he has time to experiment with what he has and/or ask for better players. If that happens, and the team bombs in the Fall season, then that would be the time to dump him in my opinion.

Antique repped this.
  3. AmericanMag

AmericanMag Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agree to a point. Back line has been a liability (maybe more this year than last) but it appears the difficulties on the road seem to be a continuation of last year.

4. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am sick to death of our losing on the road. That has to change very soon.

OTOH, Tampa Bay blew a 3-1 lead at home Saturday (3-4 final score). Maybe that gives us a slightly better chance of getting our 2nd win against them in the last 7 years at Lockhart Stadium this Saturday. Maybe. If we do Shore may have saved his job until the season break at least. If not? Hard to say.

5. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I admit that I haven't watched the Strikers play this season, but aren't you hitting the panic button a bit prematurely? You are one of three clubs without a win yet so you aren't exactly alone.

6. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True, but you have only 12 games to play to win the Spring Championship. We've played 3 and have a game coming up against a team we've beaten once since the league was formed. We started by dropping 2 points in our only home game. We have also been horrid on the road. Last year we were the leagues worst road team. With only 9 games left we've got to win at least a couple on the road, tie the rest, and pretty much win out at home to have any chance of getting into the only playoff game the league has this year as the home team. Right now I am not sure we can do that.

We'll have 14 games in the Fall Championship to qualify for the Final. On the road. Have I mentioned that we are a horrid road team?

Smoke & Mirrors repped this.
  7. AmericanMag

AmericanMag Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To clarify, I wasn't hitting anything. I started the thread when I saw posts on Facebook that indicated that people were starting to head that way in terms of getting rid of shore. Personally, I would give him some time but if the same issues that we were experiencing last year don't seem to be getting any better, how long should we he be given?

8. eclipse02

eclipse02 Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Hey if you guys want crew fans will let you have there manager. lol

9. drSoFlaFan

drSoFlaFan DEFEND THE FORT!

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Beat Tampa Bay Saturday and win some road games in the Spring and he's in better shape. We knew going in that winning the Spring season was not terribly likely. But improving on the road and taking the Cup from TB have to happen IMO for him to stick around.

Antique repped this.
  10. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    First, as it relates to the question of the thread, I think Shore will be in place til the end of the season no matter what. I don't think the organization is going to want to address that in the middle of the season. Unless they wouldn't have to pay him if the fired him, and I'm guessing that's not the case. But if there isn't drastic improvement over the rest of this year, it seems likely he will be gone.

One thing I think is only fair to point out is Shore was given the second lowest budget in the league to work with. Now I know Minnesota did well on a low budget for two years, but apparently the kind of players we can get on the cheap, outside of a few exceptions, don't do well with Shore's coaching style and philosophy. I am constantly troubled by the body language of numerous players on the field who seem at time to be petulant children in the way they are overly demonstrative about something someone else did. It's troubling when after watching every minute of three games, I see fewer players than not who seem to be giving max effort for 90 minutes.

I know it seems knee-jerk, but I'm sad to say that the spring half season is already done for my friends. We'd need points in pretty much every remaining game, and would probably need to win 7 minimum at this point to jump over every single other team in the league to win the one and only playoff spot. Anyone think the team we've watched these last three games is capable of that? There are too many teams that are too good for anything else to be possible. We could not have asked for a better starting three opponents than the ones we got, and we managed one feeble point from those three games. And to anyone who is of the opinion that this team will somehow transform into a contender during the between seasons break, wake up is what I'd say. If these players that are on the team now can't somehow correct all the mistakes and start looking like a team with some chemistry and skill, then the best we can hope for is a lot of goals and a few wins at home so the crowds don't decline too badly.

eclipse02 repped this.
  11. nbace

nbace Member

Jacksonville Armada FC
    United States
    Apr 8, 2006
    Jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If the team is playing better by the middle of the spring season...then Shore stays through the end. If there is no improvement, then he needs to be replaced at mid-season.

12. AmericanMag

AmericanMag Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bump. After last night's game v. Laredo where do opinions lie now?