Out of towner looking for a ride to CCL game next Wed.

Discussion in 'Seattle Sounders FC' started by CACuzcatlan, Aug 19, 2010.

1. CACuzcatlan

CACuzcatlan Member

Jun 11, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi everyone,
    I'm gonna be in town for a conference and staying in Bellevue. I'm looking to go to the CCL game against Monterrey but don't have a way of getting there. I looked at the public transit situation and its an hour bus ride each way to Qwest. I don't mind doing that, but if there's a way to avoid going that far on public transit in a city I'm not familiar with, I'll take it. I was wondering if anyone from or around Bellevue would mind giving me a ride there and back. PM if you can help out.

BTW, I've hung out with some Seattle supporters in San Jose (2009) and LA (2010) when the Sounders played there, since my GF is a Sounders fan.

Mods: I didn't see anything against a post like this in the FAQ. I apologize if this is against the rules of the board.

2. Wazzu Gunner

Wazzu Gunner Member

Mar 21, 2008
    Ballard, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you can't find a ride I would recommend bus from Bellevue to Seattle and then taxi back after the game.

Depending on where you are in Bellevue the 550 should get you close to where you need to be.

3. DarthGreedo

DarthGreedo Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I take the 550 bus from Bellevue to Seattle everyday to get home from work. Its a pretty straight shot into the city and on game day the bus will be filled with Sounders fans that you can follow to the right spot.

4. pendulum

pendulum Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I live in Bellevue and will be attending the match; you're more than welcome to ride with :)

Send me a PM with your email & phone and I'll contact you. :cool:

5. CACuzcatlan

CACuzcatlan Member

Jun 11, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks guys. I forgot to mention I'll be in Redmond until the afternoon (around 4 or 5pm I think). I can either leave from there or from Bellevue, but I'd have to get back to Bellevue after the game.

6. CACuzcatlan

CACuzcatlan Member

Jun 11, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One last thing, if I am able to make it I am assuming I can buy tickets at the stadium without a problem, correct? They aren't expected to sellout since this is a CCL game, right? Or should I buy ahead of time as soon as I know if I can make it or not?

7. Ajas

Ajas Member

Sep 23, 2009
    3eattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    You will be fine buying a ticket at the game. You avoid Ticketbastard fees too, but might have to wait in line. Will Call/Customer Service lines have been a nightmare in my experience, so plan ahead.

From last I heard 14k tickets were sold, so figure a crowd 19k-20k. Not even close to a sell-out, but last CCL game pulled in just 17k and the atmosphere was still as good as some of our league noon-time kicks with double the crowd.