Our Way DVD???

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Husker, Nov 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Husker

Husker New Member

Mar 14, 1999
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone know where I can purchase a copy of the USA's DVD for World Cup 2002? Any help would be awesome.

2. Brook

Brook BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 13, 2001
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. _chachi

_chachi New Member

Mar 15, 1999
    new jersey, usa
    you're about 2 years too late. check ebay. or make someone an offer they can't refuse.

4. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll sell for $300.

5. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    $295 here and i'll make sure it gets there in time for holiday gift-giving.

but search this site ... there's 1,000 other threads on this topic. see what answers were given then.

but don't hold your breath. they're tough to find.

6. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I own it. I recently got a DVD burner. Would I just be able to copy it does anyone know?

7. nad1998

nad1998 Member

Dec 13, 2001
    Tacoma
    any torrents out there for this dvd?

8. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I found it on Kazaa but being the ************ site that it is I was unable to download it

9. RedMenace

RedMenace New Member

Jun 20, 2004
    Palo Alto, CA
  10. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you can definitely burn copies, id buy one. even though it isnt exactly legal

11. bbsbt

bbsbt Member+

Feb 26, 2003
    You're in luck! I have available copies of the "Our Way" DVD!
    I'll sell one to you for just 2 monthly payments of only... $19.95! (plus s&h).

But that's not all: if you act before midnight tonite, I'll also include the Rev/DC U 2004 Conference Title match on DVD... for FREE!!
    This DVD alone is a $75.00 value!!

That's right!!... you get two DVDs for just 2 payments of ONLY $19.95!!(plus s&h).

But wait, there's more!!!... if you promise to tell four of your friends about this remarkable offer, I will SLASH one of the monthly payments!!!

[background clapping, cheers & amazement] You heard it correct; 2 awesome DVDs for ONLY $19.95!!!!!(plus s&h) [/background clapping, cheers & amazement]

Aaahhhh, but you ain't seen nothing yet!!.... [background silence, eager anticipation]
    If you all promise right now to NEVER whine again on any BigSoccer thread-- and that means no more "fire Arena" threads, no more "ESPN sucks" threads, no more "we'll win the 2010 WC" threads, no more "fire Andrulis" threads, ...oh wait, scratch that last one --I will include, for FREE, the classic DVD... "Debbie Does Dallas FC", in HD!!!![background eruption, pandemonium]

So there you have it... all 3 DVDs for just 1 payment of ONLY $19.95!!!!! (plus s&h).
    ACT NOW!!!!!

12. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000

Dang, you almost had me. There's always a catch. :p

13. Zivheads

Zivheads New Member

Dec 13, 2003
    Evanston, IL
    Me too, if you burn them, count me in on buying one regardless of the legality of it.

14. Saeyddthe

Saeyddthe Member

Sep 5, 2003
    St. Looney ^the CB&J
    Yeah, me too... ;)

15. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I can try and burn one here. If it works, I'll go out and buy blank DVD's and copy it and sell them at the cost of a blank to anyone that wants it.

16. SamsArmySam

SamsArmySam Member+

Apr 13, 2001
    Minneapolis, MN
    I had the same question when I couldn't find it on the US Soccer web site, on www.soccer.com (EuroSport), or on eBay. So I wrote to U.S. Soccer about a month ago and asked what the deal was. The answer was not a good one: They've sold their entire production run from 2002 and have no plans to produce more.

There you have it.

17. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    I've heard that you can now buy DVD burners for computers, and that it's even possible to copy DVDs. Isn't that weird?

18. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    not weird for me, my roomate has one and burns/downloads movies all of the time.

19. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I am going to be burning a "test" tomorrow. I'll let everyone know how it makes out. If it works, I'll just sell them for the $3-4 that a blank DVD costs (I think) and shipping ($1.50 maybe??). I'll let you know though. From the little knowledge I possess on such techie things, I think some companies can and do put some kind of security on DVD to prevent people from copying them, whether or not "Our Way" has some, I'm not sure.

If that doesn't work, I will talk to some tech friends of mine and find out if I can copy to VCD or even make it available via FTP.

I'll let everyone know tomorrow or Tuesday.

20. LOL :)
    If you also throw in the Ranco Toaster-Oven for free, then I'll think about it.

21. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    a blank dvd shouldnt cost more than 1- 2 bucks, and thats only if you ar ebuying in small numbers. my roomate just got a 40 pack for 20 bucks

22. Mglnbea

Mglnbea Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Northern California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is Dave Dir in that one?

On another note, I heard there were some other MLS "guest stars" in that video, and, as usual, the Dallas FC players came last.

23. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I've never burnt a DVD before so I have no idea how much it costs. I am obviously (LOL) not going to buy 40 DVD's. I can't imagine it's that much in demand. $1-2 is pretty cheap.

24. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    100 blank DVDs from www.newegg.com cost $28. That's 28 cents, not $3-4
    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-132-803&depa=0

plastic CD/DVD mailers cost about 20 cents each at Wal*Mart and office supply stores in packs of 20-25.

Postage costs 60 or 83 cents depending on weight.

-----
    Total cost is <$1.50 + whatever your time is worth.

Caveat: I recommend familiarizing yourself with U.S. copyright laws.

25. Saeyddthe

Saeyddthe Member

Sep 5, 2003
    St. Looney ^the CB&J
    LOL, I swear to God, I was going to post something along the lines of "Don't let Andy Mead find out!" ;)

Seriously though, who holds the distribution rights on this one? Do they have plans to redistribute? I think they've actually said that they do not. Maybe then, they plan on prosecuting a few dozen fans whom they've already ignored requests from for this very same item... No.
    I think those amongst them who are actually soccer fans are applauding right along with me because it's too expensive for them to make more for the limited remaining demand, and eddie isn't trying to rip anyone off, he's just sharing a little bit of soccer history...:)