Our future leaders

Discussion in 'FC Porto' started by |--LdC--|, Apr 5, 2005.

1. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal
    With Vítor Baía and Jorge Costa reaching the retirement age, who do you guys think will be our new leaders? note its got to be players that have a past in our youth teams.
    Right now in the A team we have Ricardo Costa, Paulo Machado, Postiga, Ivanildo, Bruno Gama(still in the juniors team despite the fact he played in Braga A team last year) and Bruno Vale.
    On loan we have the at least Hugo Almeida and Manuel José to meet the requirements.
    On the B team the obvious names are Pedro Ribeiro, Márcio Sousa and Vieirinha.

So, with so many new players coming in and out who do you think will emerge as FC Porto leaders ?

2. ferreirajl

ferreirajl New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Good question.

Personally I think Ricardo Costa showed a lot of balls when he told the crowd at the Dragao to shut up. I don't necesserily think he had a right to do that, but you have to admit it took some guts.
    I would say he's the main candidate to take over J. Costa and Baía.

3. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Yes, Ricardo Costa will be at Porto for life :D He has the agression and the leadership talent required to take over J. Costa.

i can see Bosingwa being in Porto for a long time too but not sure if he is Leadership quality.

4. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal
    I also think Ricardo Costa will be the new leader, the future captain, he is young but already won several titles and has a lot of experience and now being called to the national team brings him even more respect.

5. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Ricardo Costa will be the Captain of Porto for many many years