Ottawa-Rochester [R]

Discussion in 'US Women's Lower Divisions' started by Canadian_Supporter, Jun 1, 2003.

1. Canadian_Supporter

Staff Member

Dec 20, 1999
    Prostějov, CR
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  2. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana BigSoccer Supporter

May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Geez. That's rather shocking! I'd love to see a better game report on that. What do you mean by "a full team"? Have there been instances where the Ravens have shown up with less than 11? Even so, what a pathetic match. Rochester must have some internal clashes going on.

3. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    i just got back from the rochester-toronto game, and toronto beat them 10-0...and the ravens only had 10 players with them.

also, the team seems very...er...weak, and i honestly feel that a good HS team could beat them with no probs...i wonder why the team is lacking in talent...you'd think they could get some players to play...

elaine

4. Canadian_Supporter

Staff Member

Dec 20, 1999
    Prostějov, CR
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    A few years ago Rochester only showed up with half a dozen players and the game was cancelled. Instead, some of the Fury players joined the Ravens players to play a friendly game.

5. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    i wonder how rochester can even have the $$ to field/finance a team if they have been like this for the past few years ...

elaine

6. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana BigSoccer Supporter

May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why would Rochester have so much trouble fielding a team? Are they bogged down with injuries, or are these away matches that the Ravens are too underfunded to afford going to? How pathetic! I feel bad for Merrie McConnochie. She's a player (apparently) on the Ravens, and also on Carnegie Mellon, a college team local to me. Quite talented, IMHO on the CMU team. Not sure about the Ravens though.

7. Canadian_Supporter

Staff Member

Dec 20, 1999
    Prostějov, CR
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Rochester 'only' lost 6-0 at home to Boston this past weekend and 7-0 to New Hampshire.

Ouch.... :(

8. Desigol

Desigol New Member

Jan 17, 2003
    County Tyrone, NI
    I'm suprisecd to see that Rochester has a Women's team as Well as a Men's team. Why can they not field a full set of players in these games?