Ottawa-Rochester [R]

Discussion in 'US Women's Lower Divisions' started by Canadian_Supporter, Jun 1, 2003.

1. Canadian_Supporter

Staff Member

Dec 20, 1999
    Prostějov, CR
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  2. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Geez. That's rather shocking! I'd love to see a better game report on that. What do you mean by "a full team"? Have there been instances where the Ravens have shown up with less than 11? Even so, what a pathetic match. Rochester must have some internal clashes going on.

3. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    i just got back from the rochester-toronto game, and toronto beat them 10-0...and the ravens only had 10 players with them.

also, the team seems very...er...weak, and i honestly feel that a good HS team could beat them with no probs...i wonder why the team is lacking in talent...you'd think they could get some players to play...

elaine

4. Canadian_Supporter

Staff Member

Dec 20, 1999
    Prostějov, CR
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    A few years ago Rochester only showed up with half a dozen players and the game was cancelled. Instead, some of the Fury players joined the Ravens players to play a friendly game.

5. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    i wonder how rochester can even have the $$ to field/finance a team if they have been like this for the past few years ...

elaine

6. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why would Rochester have so much trouble fielding a team? Are they bogged down with injuries, or are these away matches that the Ravens are too underfunded to afford going to? How pathetic! I feel bad for Merrie McConnochie. She's a player (apparently) on the Ravens, and also on Carnegie Mellon, a college team local to me. Quite talented, IMHO on the CMU team. Not sure about the Ravens though.

7. Canadian_Supporter

Staff Member

Dec 20, 1999
    Prostějov, CR
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Rochester 'only' lost 6-0 at home to Boston this past weekend and 7-0 to New Hampshire.

Ouch.... :(

8. Desigol

Desigol New Member

Jan 17, 2003
    County Tyrone, NI
    I'm suprisecd to see that Rochester has a Women's team as Well as a Men's team. Why can they not field a full set of players in these games?