Otros partidos de las eliminatorias.

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by Guayaquileño, Sep 6, 2008.

1. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    chile might classify during these next 2 matches...if that happens, we are reasonably assured at least a tie in santiago because the match won't matter to them....

2. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Let's hope that when Ecuador play against Bolivia in Bolivia, they find a way to win that game. Hopefully, playing there would not be a problem for the Ecuadorian players.

3. santiago87

santiago87 New Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

well there is 4 games left and the race is close we could end up in 3rd by the time this is over and if we win 2 of those and tie 1 i think we should be good !!!. my predictions are :

we beat colombia, tie uruguay , beat bolivia and tie chile.
    The good thing is that argentina is in 4th and they got 3 hard games coming up , againts brasil , argentina and paraguay which i think out of those 3 games argentina at max will take 4 points , but i am pretty sure they will lose to paraguay and brasil , and probally tie uruguay. all in all by October we will be in the WORLD CUP!!!!!!!!!!:):):)

4. omar1988

omar1988 Member

Feb 19, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    If Argentina plays against Argentina, they might have chance of winning. :D

5. ecuaboy12

ecuaboy12 Member

May 18, 2005
    Lehigh Acres FL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  6. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lol

7. santiago87

santiago87 New Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

JAJAJAJ we got a clown in here , what a good joke !! but my bad i messed up , i shoud of re red the post, but i was on the iphone so it was hard to type . but w.e LIGA CAMPEON :)

8. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Chile losing to Venezuela 1-2 at the half. Things get kinda complicated if Venezuela pulls it off. Colombia, Ecuador, and Venezuela will each have 20 points.

9. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ecuador and Uruguay really blew their chances with the ARG-BRA result. Ven-Chile not helping us at all.

10. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Funny thing is ecuador can actually find themselves in 4th after the next fixture.
    And argie loss in paraguay -not impossible
    And a colom. Loss in montevideo- very possible

And of course an ecuador win would give us 23 and 4th place.

11. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    very true...the worry will be playing uruguay in quito, with both teams fighting like crazy for those last points.....we have classified against uruguay the past 2 wcq's and this time both teams will be desperate for the win....with our backs to the wall, we've played great, but this is a totally different dynamic that we're coming up against because today was a case and point...we needed the win, played like crap, and lost to a team that wasn't even "better" than us. i will keep the faith until we're mathematically eliminated but i (and we) need to see more from our seleccion because we can do much better

12. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    ya honestly,it astonishes me how when we most need the points we always tend to f*ck up!:mad:,our defence was shaky and cevallos wasnt too bad,but he got shook by those two goals,as for the palacios thing that was bs by that ref,i think that was a penalty he clearly pushed palacios,arbitros pagados de ************,carma came back and bit argentina in the ass,3-1to brazil at home,what ecuador couldnt accomplish in buenos aires brazil did,long live los brasileros,but seriously now more than ever i hope those argie refs dont mess us over in la paz,becuz if we lose embarrasingly to bolivia,were out,and venezuela might qualify instead

13. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Ecuador tiene que ganar en Bolivia pase lo que pase si se quiere mantener en la lucha sino se queda fuera del mundial. Por suerte se dieron algunos resultados favorables incluyendo el de Peru 1-0 Uruguay y Brasil 3-1 Argentina. Esto hace que el grupo se haga mas interesante. Este miercoles se decide si Ecuador es un equipo que tiene huev s. De lo contrario, veremos a otros equipos jugar en el mundial 2010. Todavia hay chance pero hay que ganar en Bolivia. Ese es el primer paso.

14. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    So who is going to play for the next game? Now that some players got ejected or yellow carded, hurt, who will start and be at the bench? This is a crucial game for Ecuador. I hope Vizuete find the right advise from his advisors to come up with the best squad to beat Bolivia in La Paz. Is he going to call up other players to be ready just in case? Or are we doomed?

15. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    I seriously don't know what we're going to do about forwards.

16. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    So who else are we cheering for this next round?

Uruguay - Colombia: A 0-0 tie would be the best scenario. Otherwise we would want Uruguay to win, and by goleada so that we can put ourselves at an advantage against Colombia in goal differential (we cannot catch Uruguay in GD). If Colombia wins this game, I would put them as favorites to qualify directly, even above Argentina, because they will be playing 2 qualified teams in October. That would be a nightmare scenario for us.

Paraguay - Argentina: We need to root for Paraguay. They're qualified already. We need Argentina to be forced to win against Uruguay in October.

Brasil - Chile: I think we need to root for Brasil here, but carefully. If Chile does not qualify tomorrow, they will need to play hard against Colombia in October. However, if they also lose to Colombia, then we face a situation where the game against Chile decides who goes to the WC - I DO NOT WANT THAT SCENARIO.

Venezuela - Peru: Would like Peru to win just to put an end to Venezuela's hopes and knock off one more direct rival. Or a tie. The one dreaded scenario is where Venezuela beats Peru by goleada, then they would play against Paraguay in October and get 3 points, that would put them at 24 points and possibly in 5th place :eek:

17. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    good analysis Manolo, I agree with your assesments of the games. Venezuela needs to lose, and ideally, Colombia as well. As long as we win and Uruguay keeps winning, we don't have a problem...our current problem is actually squeezing out the W's. As long as Ecuador wins out, we shouldn't have a problem....every game needs to be a final

18. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Tomorrow Peru needs to win in Venezuela. Uruguay and Paraguay need to win at home .

Ecuador hopefully can win in Bolivia with a goleada. but i'll settle for just a 1-0 win.

19. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just hope that Uruguay and Colombia tie... and as second option then for Uruguay to win..

BUT we HAVE TO win tomorrow. With Argentine ref or not.. we have to.

20. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    at this point we need a goleada or atleast a 2-0...1-0 will do, but seriously we're close to the end and gol difference can eff us over...

21. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I don't get it, why do you guys want Uruguay to win? a tie would be ideal. Hoping Argentina loses, if we win that'd put us in 4th place.

22. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    It would be ideal if the following
    Nat'l teams highlighted in red win and those highlighted in blue would tie

Bolivia Ecuador
    Sep 09 2009
    15:00 ET

Uruguay ColombiaTIE
    Sep 09 2009
    17:00 ET

Paraguay Argentina
    Sep 09 2009
    19:00 ET

Brazil Chile
    Sep 09 2009
    21:00 ET

Venezuela Peru
    Sep 09 2009
    21:00 ET

Round 17

Argentina Peru
    Oct 10 2009

Bolivia Brazil
    Oct 10 2009

Colombia Chile
    Oct 10 2009

Ecuador Uruguay
    Oct 10 2009

Venezuela Paraguay
    Oct 10 2009

Round 18

Brazil Venezuela
    Oct 13 2009

Chile Ecuador
    Oct 13 2009

Paraguay Colombia
    Oct 13 2009

Peru Bolivia
    Oct 13 2009

Uruguay ArgentinaTIE
    Oct 13 2009

23. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Well, a tie would be ideal, but if not, Uruguay winning would be acceptable, because they have a more difficult schedule than Colombia, and it would put our destiny in our hands because we play them in Quito.

If Colombia wins, we are in serious trouble and will have to rely on them and Argentina really screwing up in the last 2 matches.

24. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    parece que la real paridad del futbol suramericano esta demostrada en esta eliminatoria: por los ultimos 3 posts: el destino de cada uno esta en manos propias, faltando 9pts

yo creo que eso habla bien de la confederacion

uds saben si cualquier partido de hoy va por free tv or ESPN?

25. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador