Other than offside trap, why play high line?

Discussion in 'Player' started by NewDadaCoach, Jun 14, 2021.

1. NewDadaCoach

NewDadaCoach Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Sep 28, 2019
    california
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Personally I think Croatia and Serbia are the most overlooked small countries. They develop much talent for their population size.

2. NewDadaCoach

NewDadaCoach Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Sep 28, 2019
    california
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    frankly i think Arne Slot is a bad choice for Liverpool. But you're a fan so I get it.

They will get smoked next season. You have so many strong teams just below them that will pass them. Like Brighton and Newcastle and Aston Villa, not to mention Chelsea and Man U who won't stay down forever.

3. NewDadaCoach

NewDadaCoach Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Sep 28, 2019
    california
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Anyways back to high line stuff...

to me I will teach my team to, when out of possession and ball in opponent's half, to manage the space in our half. There should not be a huge space in front of our goal for the opponent to lob a ball to a fast forward. If they have a fast forward he can stay onside and outsprint our defenders and that's a recipe for disaster. Why does no one understand this when it literally happens all the time right in front of their eyes???

4. Technical and tactical development still is the core of what Dutch clubs do in their academies, but they've added physical development to it.
    To give an example of what leads to AZ Alkmaar youth team beat the crap out of Barcelona and Real:
    https://www.uefa.com/uefayouthleagu...-alkmaar-make-uefa-youth-league-breakthrough/
    upload_2024-5-9_21-58-13.png
    To get the "World title" they played Boca Juniors youth team in the final in Argentina.
    It went into extra time and a penalty shoot out.
    https://www.uefa.com/under20interco...-az-alkmaar-4-1-pens-hosts-win-under-20-inte/
    upload_2024-5-9_22-6-12.png

NewDadaCoach repped this.