Other Teams Thread(r)

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by Cris 09, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This thread is to discuss other teams and other results that don't have much to do with "La Tricolor".

Anyone following the Euros? Needless to say, I am a happy fan right now.

Across the pond, did anyone see Mexico spank the living crap out of our southern neighbors??

At the same time, the US has shutout our next rivals, the Argies 0-0.

2. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    I think we will play Argentina very similar to the US. Our Espinoza, Hurtado, and Castillo are going to outmuscle Messi and Kun. However, I think we have more creativity up front than the US to create a surprise or two.

Obviously Argentina are still huge favorites and I expect they win but they will not have an easy time with the toughness of our team.

3. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!
    I don't about toughness right about now,,but when Edwin Tenorio was en la tri,THAT was toughness,,,so far we have yet to find his replacement.

4. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Interesting...that's why I would like to see Urrutia in the starting lineup. He seems to take that role for Liga. During the Fox Sports pregame against San Lorenzo, I saw him in the tunnel yelling "Vamos!!" to the other players. I think he brings that type of energy and leadership that Tenorio used to bring, which is why he's captain of that team. However, Urrutia has not held a consistent starting position with the national team like Tenorio did.

5. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Guys, while this is very good input, let's try to keep this thread open to discuss "other" teams.

6. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Having already played Argentina I can tell you that Messi is unstoppable. You can't really outmuscle the guy because there's nothing to outmuscle. His low center of gravity and burst of speed is beyond impressive. I'va also followed Kun quite closely from his Independiente days to Atl Madrid which is were Luis Perea plays defense. And Kun to me is a much better version then Tevez. His gambeta and sick skill with the ball is somthing to watch out for. The KEY to beating los Argentinos is what Colombia did on their win in Bogota. Exploit their frustrations. Keep the ball away from their key players (Ruiquelme, Messi, Kun) for as long as possible. Foul/attack the ball strategically. Ruiquelme's short temper v Colombia could have gotten thrown out if it were another ref. The tension and inability to connect passes finally got to Tevez and just like that "red card" and they were down 1 man.
    So although I know Ecuador has talent and great speed they need more then ANYTHING to start taking some points from their visitors. A 0-0, 1-1 dull match is a better served loss of 1-0, 2-1, 2-0 match that can cost Ecuador dearly in the future. There's no need to play attacking football against one of the best NT in the world if it means leaving too much space. You can catch up with your points vs the Colombia's, Peru's, Uruguays, etc. For now I would take the 1 point home and play conservatively....even if it means boring play.

7. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    URU 1 - 1 VEN

Wow...Venezuela nearly does it again. This team has gotten valuable points in Quito and now Uruguay at the Montevideo no less.

Peru 1 - 1 Colombia
    Peru is really crashing out of this little by little.

8. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    LOL @ Peru.

The new Venezuela! :D

9. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Well, Uruguay had a solid victory today with a 6-0 goleada over Peru, I guess the logic thing to do is assume that "Los Charruas" are a serious contender for that much desired and wished 4th place. So I guess Its looking to be a real long hard fought war between Colombia, Venezuela, Chile, Uruguay and hopefully we'll get into that group as well after the next 2 games.

10. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ouch !!! Peru Got Goaled Even Worst Than The 5-0 We Gave Them ... 6-0 Against Uruguay....

They Are So Gonna Be Watching The Wc On Tv Already.

I kinda feel sorry/pity for them ... Metaphorically they are like a battered un feeling woman tied between 2 trees and all the guys are getting their turn with her. I say this in the most respectful way.

11. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    i dont know how anyone could not take offense from that lol..its like saying "dude can i make put with you?" "but no homo man no homo
    " lmaoooooooooo...

anyways the strongest and most likely to win this euro is Nethherlands or portugal..........but italy is a sneaky a team that always starts off bad and finishes strong so who knows..... so who knows... i hope italy rapes spain btw