Other Teams Thread (R)

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by RiverGaucho, Oct 17, 2010.

1. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  2. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Tiene un partido decisivo en la copa libertadores, una copa que no juega desde el 74, contra un gigante de brasil (actual campeón de ese país) y ni llenan la popular... nivel... Hucacan.

3. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What do you know... at half time they're beating Cruzeiro 2-0 :eek:

Not bad, not bad at all.. Gotta give them their props

4. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Don't get me wrong, I want Huracan to do well. I was just frankly shocked at how few people showed up... The Huracan of Cappa used to actually fill up el dull. Its gotten more full since kick off, but still, this is their biggest game in god knows how long

5. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    San Lorenzo has now played the Copa Libertadores 13 times and been eliminated in the group phase on 6 occasions. 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2009, and now 2015.

In fact, if you look at the all-time table of the Copa Libertadores... San Lorenzo comes in.... 33rd place!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:with a worse record than teams like corbeloa, El Nacional de Ecuador, Universitario de Peru, Sporting Cristal, entre otros grandes jejeje

Y dicen ser un equipo grande!!! Déjense de joder nietos

6. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  7. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What a trip... Tigres have officially signed 29-year-old French international Andre-Pierre Gignac from Marseille. He finished the 2014-15 season as the second top scorer of Ligue 1 with 21 goals, above other superstars like Ibrahimovic and Cavani. He clearly didn't leave Europe because he's out of gas (the numbers speak for themselves -- in fact, this was the best season of his career in terms of goals per game), but because of the high tax rates in France. He'll be earning a whooping $4.2 million a year in Mexico, the same salary he earned in France before tax cuts.

Excellent signing by Tigres, who will now obviously be considered more contenders to keep the Libertadores than before.

@DaDroopDogg : I know Tigres also signed Uche, the Nigerian player. Are they looking at any other international players to keep reinforcing their squad?

RiverGaucho and JJV1994 repped this.
  8. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Tigres are crazy at the moment. The Gignac and Uche rumors were supposed to be just rumors. Who the Fack thought a Frenchman and a Nigerian would come to Mexico? Let alone Tigres and not one of the big 4 clubs? They've also signed the young Mexican prospect Jurgen Damm. Kid is extremely fast, plays RB. They outbid Roma to get him.

Thankfully that's all, the rumors are done with Tigres now. But that's why I was kind of pissed that our team wasn't moving the ball forward with the transfers. You got one of the semi-finalists making big transfer moves and here we are still waiting for signatures.

locoxriver and RiverGaucho repped this.
  9. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #334 RiverGaucho, Jun 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
    The big 4 would be--- Chivas, America, Cruz Azul and Pumas right?? I remember during the Libertadores Niembro kept going on about how of the 44,000 capacity, 42,000 season ticket holders at Tigres. Obviously TV money is the big pusher for them, but 42,000 abonados can't hurt. I feel like Tigres and Monterrey are a bit like Newell's and Rosario Central, in that they're not from the capital, but they have the most ravenous support... Would this be the correct assumption?

I feel like- up until Racing got good last season- both independiente and racing played in front of half empty grounds (except for the clasico) and were only big clubs in name only.

As for Tigres on the field, well Gignac will be pretty damn good i'd say, but lets keep in mind, he was playing in Bielsa's SUPER offensive system, so its no surprise he had his highest scoring season ever considering the amount of chances his team created for him, but in Tuca's super defensive scheme? He may run rampant over the run of the mill liga mx teams, but against inter and potentially river, I don't see it. Don't get me wrong, he's an incredible signing for any team in the americas, but i still wouldn't say he's a world beater.

As for Uche might be a player for River i'd be more worried about. His pace would be lethal in south american/liga mx football. After a few kicks from FM6 though, maybe not :D:D

locoxriver and Ron Mexico repped this.
  10. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    All correct. Especially the Avellaneda clubs. I am new to Argentine football, only about 10+ years or so, and I was dumbfounded on how clubs like Intependiente, Racing and San Lorenzo are considered "BIG" clubs, especially the latter two which haven't won anything (until CASLA last year).

11. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Speaking of defenders, where the ******** is Lugano? Has he dropped in form so badly that he's not on anyone's radar anymore?

12. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Today I'll be hoping Paraguay beats Uruguay. Mainly for Ramon... and as sad as it will be for Sanchez to bow out of the competition so early, it would be best for us if his competition ends today and he gets a quick rest then gets into training.

If CONMEBOL didn't have such a screwed up schedule, i'd definitely be hoping for uruguay to advance but given the circumstances, it wouldn't be bad for them to go home.

locoxriver repped this.
  13. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sanchez assisted Uruguay's goal with a perfect corner and came out after 65 minutes. He told Tabarez he needed rest, he's got a way more important game against another paraguayan side next month

Ron Mexico repped this.
  14. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So cool seeing Tucu playing for Argentina... :thumbsup:

He was always a very good player that was loved by the fans for his hustle in River, but I don't think anyone was expecting him to get to the NT, at least not so soon. Lamela, on the other hand, was the promising wonderkid, but at least for now Pereyra is the one playing Champions League finals, winning european titles, and getting significant playing time on the NT.

RiverGaucho and Ron Mexico repped this.
  15. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The other thing that was gratifying (the only thing in that boring match) is that Pipita got the goal. In Baires, literally everyone of the pro-bosta media was banging the tevez drum like crazy. Yesterday, I was listening to Closs's radio show like i do normally at work (i don't like closs but his clout and fame make his show get the best guests i.e. players and dts and directors, best sources on transfer news, etc.) and he was going on like "Alguien me puede explicar por que no juega tevez? Realmente, hizo algo para no ser titular?" It was literally stomach turning, in Olé yesterday they had a whole editorial about why Tevez should start over Higuain :rolleyes: Ahi lo tienen bien adentro closs y ole hsdp

Tevez 71 games 13 goals, was argentina's worst player in the last copa america also misses decisive penalty. Argentina finally makes world cup final with him out of the squad

Higuain 49 games 24 goals, scored the huge equalizer vs uruguay last copa america, scores the goal to send argentina to first world cup semi in 24 years, yet people crucify him for 1 miss in the world cup final... as if messi and palacio didn't miss equally easy chances. But yes lets pin all the blame on pipita :thumbsdown:

I can't wait to face tevez in el monumental september 29, get ready for ponzio and fm6 apache :devilish::devilish:

balazsriver10 and locoxriver repped this.
  16. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well Ramon Diaz just seems to have a knack for bringing out the best in players huh?

These same players played horrible under Martino and Pelusso but look at a different level with Ramon.

RiverGaucho and locoxriver repped this.
  17. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sounds like Ramon... In his last term here, he turned players that were in absolutely horrible form like Carbonero, Ledesma, and Rojas into indisputable pieces of the team that won the 2014 Torneo Inicial.

Before that he turned San Lorenzo into national champs with rejects like Gata Fernandez, Tula, Adrian Gonzalez, etc looking like Messi, Passarella, and Roberto Carlos..

Confidence is truly a major factor for success, and often an overlooked one. Ramon is the king of transmiting it

RiverGaucho and Ron Mexico repped this.
  18. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'd love to see Ramon given a shot at Argentina. He'd bring all the things Tata Martino's seleccion is lacking: attitude, heart, huevos, and cockiness. Its really a shame its almost impossible he'd ever get the role because he is so polarizing and their are people like juan carlos crespi with lots of power in the AFA

19. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Once again, the idiots who watch football every 4 years and bosteros were calling for Tevez to come in, who comes in , el Pipita, who scores his 27th argentina goal. Tevez stuck on 13 despite having played 18 more games.

Grande PIPA segui cerrandole el orto a la gilada

megamac20817 and locoxriver repped this.
  20. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Franco Cervi is a crack at Central. Really nice goal just now i've had my eye not he kid for a while now.

Also, Menzeguez is playing for Aldosivi lol

Ron Mexico repped this.
  21. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Inter up 2-0 after 10 minutes in Porto Alegre. D'Alessandro with a golazo for the first one

22. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I didn't know where to put this but since I didn't see it posted. Check out this autogolazo from ex-River, el Chiche Arano.

Remember when Almeyda was in love with this guy?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

locoxriver repped this.
  23. balazsriver10

balazsriver10 Member

May 23, 2013
    Debrecen
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    Meanwhile in Hungary... :D:D:D:D:D

Ron Mexico repped this.
  24. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I usually could care less for NT friendlies, but tomorrow I'll probably be watching since there will be a very riverplatense group: Pereyra, Kranevitter, and Lamela will all be reunited and are expected to be Argentina's starting midfield. :thumbsup:

Funes Mori will also start, as will possible future millo Milton Casco.

Should be interesting..

balazsriver10 repped this.
  25. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    To this day, I still can't believe he not only played for River, but did so for nearly 3 years. :eek: Players like Osmar Ferreyra look like studs next to this guy.