Other teams thread part II [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by GuruSky, Sep 3, 2007.

1. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Its funny that England has been so stubborn about getting "outside" help with the management of their team (after Sven)...so much pride. Looks like theyre going to have to eat this one up big time. I have always thought that their inside management options were shit. I have no idea why they even decided on McClaren in the first place. The guy has had two left feet ever since he took the helm. Hows that...he replaces Robinson with Carson (something Im sure any one wouldve done really) and what happens? The kid blunders and allows the first goal of the match. Ouch.

I still think Rooney is a serious talent but he's looking "unbreakable" lately. Hope he doesnt become the Ken Griffey Jr. of football but its looking that way so far. Other than him and Terry, the rest of the squad is so overrated. I think Michael Owen is a completely average.

I'll be rooting for Turkey this EC. Hopefully this one is their destiny.

2. yimmy

yimmy Moderator

Aug 23, 2004
    California
    Re: Memory Lane: Newcastle United vs Liverpool (Anfield 1996)

Do you think that Scott Carson is the next name to go onto that funny anti-england supporter shirt you've shown us before?

3. hihi

hihi Red Card

Mar 17, 2006
    Internet
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay

Russia's in? Sweet.

Which month is the tournament taking place? June or July? I'm hoping I could at least catch all of Turkey and Russia's games.

4. PacMan

PacMan Member

May 18, 2004
    Guus's reply after the match,

"How do you feel guus"

Replied

"Only 4 million people live in croatia, but their world class footballers"

:D

5. yimmy

yimmy Moderator

Aug 23, 2004
    California
    Croatia had nothing to play for since they already qualified so I guess I gotta give them some credit for playing their hardest against England.

6. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    You call 4 Mercedes Benz nothing?

:D

7. Ganahal

Ganahal New Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    this made no frigin sense and I think ur wrong

8. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Mourinho will be the next England Manager.

Then there will be hell to pay.

9. PacMan

PacMan Member

May 18, 2004
    Not only McClaren but English football needs to modernise.

10. Holyjoe

Holyjoe Member

Jul 15, 2003
    ROK/SCO

I think Steve McLaren is the odds-on favourite for that 'honour' :)

Anyway, in the news today:

11. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    Thanks Bro.

Cant wait Euro Finals!

------------Rustu''volkan''-----------

Hamit-Servet---Gokhan---HakanB''volkanyaman''

-------------Mehmet A--------------
    Arda''gokdeniz''-------Emre''Nuri''-----Tuncay--

----------------Yildiray-----------
    -------------------Nihat''mehmetyildiz''---

There will be many tricky players in Turkey Full squad.

Regards
    iwa

12. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004

Hi Bro

07-June-2008 start.

Thanks

Regards
    iwa

13. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Why do a man root for Turkey?

14. Almogavar92

Almogavar92 New Member

Aug 17, 2001
    USA
    Club:
    Galatasaray SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Care to explain?

15. Golazo!!

Golazo!! Red Card

Jul 1, 2007
    cuz koreans like turkey

16. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So nice.

17. Ganahal

Ganahal New Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Sounds like u think talent English player suck int'l cause their use to top foreign talant

I think thats wrong. England barely beat crud team for year and none of their striker is proved int'l scorer. If u play lotta close game once in while your gonna lose bunch and got upset

I dont think that Englands gonna shut down int'l player in EPL. EPL gets most $ because peoples pay to watch best. If their replace good foreigns with crap locals, their gonna lose int'l $. Plus, competed against best is how you get better, so your solve dont work anyway.

18. Almogavar92

Almogavar92 New Member

Aug 17, 2001
    USA
    Club:
    Galatasaray SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I personally think the influx of foreign non-English players in the EPL has consigned England to constantly rely on the same group of players again and again without the assurance of a new generation that can bring new blood into the national team. That's not to say that the talent level of the current generation (the Owens, Lampards, Rooneys, Beckham, Terry etc) is mediocre. They're absolutely talented players and they show that in their club football sides week in and week out. But as a unit, they came up short when they were handed a lifeline by Israel on Saturday. I don't discount the role that numerous injuries has taken on the national side (with Terry out and Rooney missing some key matches), but the fallout from their failure to qualify for Euro2008 is going to be translated in some kind of action with the Premiership. THat's just my prediction.

I don't know how long you've followed football, but this failure to qualify mirrors 1993 when Graham Taylor's England failed to qualify for USA'94. Only three years before they had been in the semi-finals and were within the finals of Italia'90 by penalties. There was a massive overhaul of the national side and an introspective examination of the game from the bottom up. That coincided with the inception of the Premiership as we knew it (in 1992-93 season). Now, since the start of what we know as the EPL, this is the first time that England has failed to qualify for a major tournament. That in turn will have to lead the FA to seriously review the role that the Bosman ruling has had on the English game. Robinson is unfit to start so who's left? Carson? He's the second best keeper in England?? Spain has Casillas and Canizares as well as Reina and Valdez to rely on. Why this disparity in talent? If Gerrard is injured or even Rooney, who does England count on? Heskey (a has been)? An injured and half fit Owen? The ability to call on reliable back up players was plain to see this qualifying campaign. What's the cause? Because not enough English players are getting the chance to play when the proverbial "Saturday comes." Arsenal consistently starts eleven players who will never be called up by England. While the easy thing to do is blame McClaren, in the end, was it really his fault? Who would he choose? Who are the most reliable backups to the current starting eleven players? Most of them are in the U-21 side (Ablongahor, Catermole, Walcott, etc).

That's why I think that the quota system will be reintroduced somehow. Will it necessarily be a successful implementation? Don't know. I don't know how they'd go around the Bosman ruling and the EU laws that most likely apply to England. But that's the future that I am envisioning.

19. hihi

hihi Red Card

Mar 17, 2006
    Internet
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    I'd say that England's main focus in the last few seasons has been on improving the Premiership. I'm not sure they are about to discontinue working with their league (which is what limiting foreigners essentially means) and give more attention to their national side just because they were knocked out of qualifying.

The World Cup draw for UEFA is this Sunday. I'm sure those English will forget this ever happened by the end of the Euro.

20. Ganahal

Ganahal New Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    How good is "new blood" if they can't crack EPL? Scrubs isnt what's gonna make England. England aint no diffrent then France.

England lost Roony and Owens always injure, their gonna suck. France lost Zidane, they suck. Zidane come back, they get cheat out another WC won by Italy.

Only Brazil is got no problem replace star player because they got billions of black guys play soccer, what a talant pool.

EPL is gonna do whats made them most $, I'm sure. I dunno your propose is gonna increase EPL profit but I doubt it becase have best playres is make EPL rich, their get money broadcast their game int'l, more $ than La Liga, Serie A and Budsliga. Nobodys gonna lose profits for England NT that aint done shit for decade

21. Almogavar92

Almogavar92 New Member

Aug 17, 2001
    USA
    Club:
    Galatasaray SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I have no vested interest whether the EPL imposes a foreign quota or not. I like the way the league is now as a venue for the best players. And what you're saying is true in that the EPL has no obligation to the English national team. The EPL and the FA are two different entities with different goals and agendas. However, there was already talk of imposing a foreign quota in the league prior to the match between England and Croatia. All I'm saying is that the fallout from this result (and it's not just the one result) and the failure of England to qualify is likely (just a prediction) to affect the way the EPL may be run. While the EPL and FA are two separate entities, let's not underestimate the role a league has in terms of the national team. Clubs want to make money but if that were the bottom line all the time, would clubs like Man Utd or Newcastle release their players for national team duty when the risk of injury may jeopardize millions of pounds in transfer fees? What's the logic if money is the only thing that dictates football in England?

It's the old addage. More competitive football for English footballers will increase the pool of players a manager has to select. You can't cultivate players for the national team with practice sessions that often precede internationals two days or even a day prior to the match. Will that dilute the quality of football in the EPL? Absolutely! But clubs won't do it on their own initiative if there's no set quota. That's why I believe the FA will lobby or even pressure the EPL (if not UEFA) to impose that quota. Sir Alex Ferguson agrees with it as well as a whole host of other managers (minus Wenger...are we surprised?). It takes monumental events to bring massive changes to football. England failing to qualify for Euro 2008 in my opinion is exactly that proverbial straw that breaks the camel's back.

22. aldreu9

aldreu9 New Member

Sep 11, 2007
    FIFA World Cup 2010 Qualifiers

Group 6- Andorra, Kazahkstan, Belarus, Ukraine, England, Croatia

Croatia and England together again.

23. PacMan

PacMan Member

May 18, 2004
    Watching Sydney FC vs LA Galaxy right now :D

Score - 3:0

LA Galaxy GK is a total twat :p

Harmse challange on Juninho............WTF was that!!!

Still 1st half..........AAARRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

24. PacMan

PacMan Member

May 18, 2004
    Harmse is a joke :D

25. LDG20

LDG20 Member

Chelsea
    South Korea
    Jul 2, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Chelsea FC