Other Teams' Results [R]

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by KMJvet, Mar 8, 2014.

1. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    Arf!!

2. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  3. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    Should be a pretty interesting game tonight - Monterrey vs. Miami in Monterrey. Monterrey leads aggregate 2-1 after beating Miami in Miami - Messi not available. There is apparently some bad blood after some kind of altercation in the tunnel. Messi should be available and may start. Will be interesting to see how Miami handles playing in a truly hostile environment.

4. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Is it on MLS Apple TV?

5. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    No, it's on TUDN, FS1, FS2, Fox Soccer Plus. I use youtubeTV so I found it there. Pretty big game involving an MLS team, of course nowhere to be found on mlssoccer.com. Hmm, the reason can't possibly be because it's not on Apple TV, can it!??

"Forget CONCACAF Champions League, what you *really* want to care about is Leagues Cup in July".

6. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I get FS1. What time is game? Thanks.

7. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    7:30pm

don gagliardi repped this.
  8. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Alexi Lalas and Rob Stone fellating Messi right now.

9. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Viva Monterrey!!

#squishthefish

10. mjlee22

mjlee22 Quake & Landon fan

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brandon Vazquez plays for Monterrey. As of about a week ago, he had 8 goals in 820 minutes, but would 820 mins imply that he’s not getting a lot of playing time?

11. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    #17261 don gagliardi, Apr 10, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2024
    Messi whiffs a sitter.

Wondo would have been excorciated for life.

12. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    He just scored again. Callendar “gets his pocket picked.”

13. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's more than 9 games worth of minutes out of 14 games the team has played.

mjlee22 repped this.
  14. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
  15. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Third for Monterrey. “It’s a complete disaster” says unbiased Stuart Holden. You can stop slobbering now, Stu. Messi can’t win a meaningful game in Mexico.

16. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Jordi Alba red card.

17. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Miami finally scores. Messi free kick assist.

18. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    #17268 JazzyJ, Apr 11, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2024
    And then blames Julian Gressel! :ROFLMAO:

Really a pretty embarrassing performance for Miami all the way around. Messi didn't have a very good game, Suarez was terrible and an embarrassment, Alba with the red card.

Suarez was just being a jerk all over the field, pulling all kinds of off the ball crap, and then doing ridiculous dives. I think he one point he made the "you're taking money" gesture to the ref and immediately got a yellow for it. He did everything but bite somebody, and he might have done that too but ran out of time. He also played a horrible ball inside his own box that was intercepted, and tried to blame his teammate for I guess not moving hard enough to the ball?

Then we had to hear the excuses from the announcers - MLS is a salary capped league and is just at a disadvantage. Come one, you've got the GOAT plus 3 other legendary players! I get it, maybe the bit players are not as good as Monterrey's, but no one made Miami make their roster top heavy. And the "stars" are supposed to be good enough to carry the team. Tata made 0 subs, and I bet he did that to try to make a point - I just don't have any other good players! (I'm guessing he'll say something like that in the postgame). He hurt his team so that he can have try to shift blame from himself and his players to MLS.

mjlee22 repped this.
  19. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    I notice that mlssoccer did put up a story about Columbus's CONCACAF win over Tigres. As for Miami, it's like that Monterrey game never existed, and now that they've lost badly, it's probably really going to never exist. For one, can't promote a Messi game that's not on AppleTV. Fo two, can't pop the Messi bubble by covering a bad loss.

I imagine that MLS Headquarters is actually glad that Miami is out of CONCACAF. Don't have to worry that Messi is going to get injured in "non-Apple TV games". and now Miami can focus solely on MLS Cup and Leagues Cup (all AppleTV stuff).

DotMPP repped this.
  20. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It makes you wonder if the current lot of Over 35 year old former Barca players could have beaten Monterrey when they were in their prime?

Judging by the way the Mexicans played last night, I don't think Barcelona of 2015-16 would have had an easy time.

21. SoccerMan94043

SoccerMan94043 Member+

May 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Biting can be traced back directly to Suarez. Arm breaking however!

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/1c15098/luis_suarez_grabs_and_twists_victor_guzmans_arm/

22. Quakes05

Quakes05 Member+

Oct 1, 2005
    birthplace of MLS
  23. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    Yeah I saw that. Unbelievably dirty play. As I said he was an embarrassment last night in every way. When games aren’t going his way he’s gonna go low. Way low. There was also a ridiculous flop where he did some kind of spectacular rolling on the ground holding his right shin I think it was when there was no contact with that leg.

24. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    After that awful game from Suarez in Monterrey last night, of course no mention of the game on mlssoccer, but instead we get this as the lead on the home page. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Suarez .jpg

25. SalinasQuakesFan

Mar 27, 2010
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    In Mexico, Messi doesn’t enjoy the sort of universal adulation that he does elsewhere in the world; there were very few Messi jerseys in view and he was booed relentlessly throughout the match. Tata Martino, Miami’s head coach, got an even louder jeer when he was announced pre-game — Martino led Mexico to an early crash-out at the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.

By the final whistle, the crowd had honed in on a pair of chants: “Messi se la come” (Messi can eat it) was the first. The second was a little less creative: they just started chanting Cristiano Ronaldo’s name over and over again. Simple but effective.

Inter Miami had four legends in its starting lineup, but Monterrey proved over two legs that it’s just a way better team, top-to-bottom. The Liga MX side was sharper and more unified in almost every respect whether playing home or away, easily breaking Miami’s press in the moments it happened and pouncing on chances when the back four opened up.

Inter Miami clearly had adjustments to make, but Martino chose to make zero subs for the duration of the game – which he said after the game was a function of a young bench full of inexperienced players.

“The teams that have advanced (in the Champions Cup) are the teams that have the best squads in Mexican football,” Martino said after the game. “I mentioned recently that until MLS relaxes its many (roster) rules in order to build more robust squads, where player absences, injuries, suspensions aren’t as difficult to overcome, evidently (Liga MX) will have an advantage.”

The Columbus Crew stands as MLS’s last hope of overcoming that advantage. –Alexander Abnos

don gagliardi repped this.