Other Teams' Results [R]

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by KMJvet, Mar 8, 2014.

1. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  2. Quakes05

Quakes05 Member+

Oct 1, 2005
    birthplace of MLS
    david de gea.jpg

David De Gea saves a last second PK!

Cristiano Ronaldo scores, again!

Jesse Lingard with the GWG!

3. NedZ

NedZ Member+

May 19, 2001
    Los Gatos
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Luchi Gonzalez relieved of duties as FC Dallas head coach
    By MLSsoccer staff @mls
    • FC Dallas and head coach Luchi Gonzalez have parted ways, the club announced Sunday evening.

Director of soccer operations Marco Ferruzzi will manage the Western Conference club on an interim basis as the search for a new head coach begins immediately.

“We made the tough decision to part ways with Luchi after a great deal of thought and deliberation,” FC Dallas president Dan Hunt said in a release. “We believe a coaching change is in the best interest of the club at this time to help us achieve our goals. I want to thank Luchi for everything he has done for this organization. We wish him all the best.”

Gonzalez was amid his third season as FC Dallas head coach, leading them to the Audi MLS Cup Playoffs in 2019 and 2020. But they’re currently 11th in the West and are seven points below the postseason line. They're winless in four games, including a 3-2 Texas Derby setback to Houston Dynamo FC on Saturday night.

Before leading FCD's first team, Gonzalez was the club’s academy director. He originally joined FC Dallas in 2012 as an academy coach.

Moving forward, assistant coach Peter Luccin and goalkeeping coach Drew Keeshan will remain on Ferruzzi’s staff. The same goes for assistant coach and director of scouting José de Jesús “Chuy” Vera, while assistant coach Mikey Varas has been relieved of his duties.

“Marco Ferruzzi has been with the organization since 2004 and was a member of the coaching staff during our most successful seasons, including 2016 when FC Dallas won the Supporters’ Shield and Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup,” said Hunt. “His experience and league insight will serve us well as we work towards competing for a playoff spot this season.”

This is the fifth midseason head coaching change in MLS this year, with Toronto FC (Chris Armas, now led by Javier Perez) and Atlanta United (Gabriel Heinze, now led by Gonzalo Pineda) making moves earlier in 2021. Vancouver Whitecaps FC (Marc Dos Santos, now led by interim Vanni Sartini) also made a switch, while Freddy Juarez departed Real Salt Lake (now led by interim Pablo Mastroeni) for a Seattle Sounders assistant role.

mjlee22 repped this.
  4. mjlee22

mjlee22 Quake & Landon fan

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is hard for me to understand, given how well FC Dallas has been selling its young players.

5. NedZ

NedZ Member+

May 19, 2001
    Los Gatos
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
  6. BoltonGOAT

BoltonGOAT Member

Chelsea
    Luxembourg
    Sep 19, 2021
    You're post reminded me of these lyrics.

There go another lawsuit
    In court so much, man I should've went to law school
    Everybody brawlin', it was all cool
    'Til I hit the bartender with the barstool
    I don't ******** with fake dudes wearin' fake Trues
    I just talked to 2 Chainz and he said, "TRUUU!"
    I feel like MJ, I'm in his shoes
    I'm talkin' Montell Jordan, this is how we do

7. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If you keep on developing and selling your players, I don't see how you can utilize the youth. The point of the academy is to one day use those players on the first team.

So the question remains, who is benefitting from our academies if we keep developing players and selling them before they are ever used? MLS or clubs abroad and if they are sold, how much are teams making from transfer fees?

FC Dallas products: U.S. national team debuts (2019-21)
    1. Paxton Pomykal, Sept. 2019 (FC Dallas). Standout for USA at 2019 U-20 World Cup.
    2. Jesus Ferreira, Feb. 2020 (FC Dallas). Leads club with 6 assists to go along with 6 goals.
    3. Brandon Servania, Feb. 2020 (FC Dallas). Part of pipeline of talent from Alabama.
    4. Chris Richards, Nov. 2020 (Hoffenheim). Bayern Munich extended contract until 2025.
    5. Tanner Tessmann, Jan. 2021 (Venezia). Offered Clemson football scholarship in 2020.
    6. Bryan Reynolds, March 2021 (Roma). Earned transfer after only 15 first-team starts.
    7. Ricardo Pepi, Sept. 2021 (FC Dallas). Tied for 4th in MLS with 12 goals in 24 games.
    Note: In parentheses is current team.

8. Beckham7

Beckham7 Member+

Jul 10, 2001
    Northern, California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im watching the Olimpia play a team from Suriname in the Concacaf league and Starting up top for Surimane is the Vice president of the country and owner of the team. He is 60 years old. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronnie_Brunswijk

9. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    [​IMG]
    Monday, September 20, 2021
    Good bye Jimmy Greaves, the boy-genius of English soccer
    by Paul Gardner
    [​IMG]

10. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Wondo for vice president! :)

11. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Wow! At 34, Jamie Vardy scores twice and an own goal too!

Leicester vs Burnley 2-2!

12. mjlee22

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It seems to me that MLS is starting to make $1-10M on many transfer fees. So I guess that is worth more to a club than a few wins?

13. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #10788 falvo, Sep 25, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
    It also depends on what it costs to run the academy.

Paying for up keeping the fields , paying players expenses and education , insurance , travel , refs and coach. If the costs are more than what they make in transfer money or take in, I still don’t see a huge benefit.

14. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Two classic Vardy goals. (Well, actually three, the og was a great flicked header :))
    Cade needs to watch video of how Vardy plays off the defender's shoulder and times his runs. He gave a master class today.

15. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    [​IMG]
    Market Watch: Serie A's American-owned teams

16. NedZ

NedZ Member+

May 19, 2001
    Los Gatos
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Austin 2 Galaxy 0 Lima assist.

SoccerMan94043 and bsman repped this.
  17. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    [​IMG]

Beerking, sacrxy and SoccerMan94043 repped this.
  18. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    #10793 JazzyJ, Sep 27, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
    Our win against LAFC combined with other results *catapulted” our 538 playoff chances from around 13% to 21%!!

I think we need 5 more wins out of our last 8 games to make it or to have a good shot.

We have 4 home and 4 away. Last 3 home games are against less good teams: Austin, Vancouver, FCD. Of course those pesky ties tend to get in the way, and with MLS parity + randomness in soccer anything can happen in those games.

bsman repped this.
  19. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  20. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    Minnesota loss helpful. Hopefully Houston can take out the Whitecaps.

21. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    538 chances up to 23%, almost 1 in 4 chance! If we win tonight, we may creep up to 1 in 3 or at least get into the high 20's? Man, talk about uphill. If we win 3 in a row we're still at probably less than 1 in 3 chance?

22. LongTimeQuakesFan'74

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Nov 12, 2007
    Arlington, TX, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats to the Columbus Crew winners of the 2021 Campeones Cup. M.L.S.

23. mjlee22

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok I give up, what is the Campeones Cup?

24. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    Brutal, we're slammed back down to 16% playoff odds after tonight - 538 playoff odds. We're back to Jim Carrey territory.

[​IMG]

25. chris thebassplayer

Feb 18, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    We thankfully got some favorable help tonight with the Vanc tie, Minnie losing LAFC losing...RSL win doesn't help, but maybe the gals go into freefall...hopefully Minnie too.