Other Teams ** Everyone Else ** [R]

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Matrim

Matrim Member+

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I'm really tired of hearing about Messi and Ronaldo every 5th second of a football conversation. It'd be very refreshing when both those guys finally f*ck off to their namsions for good so their team-mates could feel like mattering again.

This drama queen age of football went for far too long already.

2. Romisirr

Romisirr Red Card

CSKA Sofia
    Bulgaria
    Nov 14, 2022
    What? You want people to stop talking about them so their team mates can "feel good about themselves again"? LOLOL What kind of snowflake logic is that?

Rossonero23 repped this.
  3. Romisirr

Romisirr Red Card

CSKA Sofia
    Bulgaria
    Nov 14, 2022
    Fans will always think their favorites were the best. I'm sure there will be a good many Argentinians who still think that back in their day that guy Maradona, there was no one like him.

whill4 repped this.
  4. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It won't get any better with the frauds going away, because the corruption is so heavy in the sport.

Russia, Qatar, and the next USA. Those nations have no business hosting the world cup. But all politics and corruption.

5. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #33380 falvo, Dec 18, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2022
    I agree that Russia and Qatar were both fixed in how they were selected and it’s probably true of the USA , Canada and Mexico in 2026.

Honestly though, which World Cup tournament was legitimate or rather, free of illegal politics and corruption?

The World Cup finals held in Italy 1934 & 1990 were the crookedest on record for how they were selected.

The stadiums in Italy for 1990 were rebuilt with crooked under the table money.

Italy until not too long ago was still paying off its debt from Italia 90 and happened only 2 years before the mani pulite scandal of 1992.

Same with France in 1938, Switzerland in 1954, Chile in 1962, England in 1966, Argentina in 1978 and Brazil in 2014.

For that matter, South Korea Japan in 2002 or South Africa in 2010 were the most corrupt on record.

6. Matrim

Matrim Member+

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Living rent free in your head feels great. Some say it's a small sad empty place to find yourself into, I say it feels like home, a small room that had absolutely nothing inside it for ages is just the right place to decorate at your hear's content. Kindly thank you for your hospitality.

7. Romisirr

Romisirr Red Card

CSKA Sofia
    Bulgaria
    Nov 14, 2022
    "Living rent free in someone's head" is such a 2020 meme. Come back to me when you have something original and unique to say, and when you drop sissy logic.

Rossonero23 repped this.
  8. Matrim

Matrim Member+

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    You being from Looserpool explains everything, but excuses nothing.

9. Romisirr

Romisirr Red Card

CSKA Sofia
    Bulgaria
    Nov 14, 2022
    Rent free you said?

10. Matrim

Matrim Member+

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Well, I certainly wouldn't put someone I hate's country as my profile's location in the hope that'd annoy them. I actually like it, as now I can bring my Bulgarian buddies to live rent free in too. Gracias, you've made my day! :)

11. giallorosso86

giallorosso86 Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    St. Vincent and the Grenadines
    [​IMG]

I hope Martinez doesn't get Wahl'd before leaving Qatar!

whill4, La Magica and Rossonero23 repped this.
  12. Romisirr

Romisirr Red Card

CSKA Sofia
    Bulgaria
    Nov 14, 2022
    You still talking?

13. Matrim

Matrim Member+

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    [​IMG]

14. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
  15. Nainggolan

Nainggolan Member+

Jun 4, 2021
  16. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Shen-O and Vulpinous repped this.
  17. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    "Ughh, why do I have to deal with these uncivilised degenerates"

18. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    So is Uruguay on juves bullshit ? Why do they have 4 stars lol

19. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    They count their Olympic gold medals as well

20. DOctore13

DOctore13 Member

Jul 19, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    FIFA counts the Olympic Golds from 1924 and 1928 for some reason

21. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Stupid

22. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    FIFA has too much power.

I don’t know how they can force the Olympic committee to make the football tournament an Under 23 competition.

I can understand that they have power and most players average age in a given national team competition is usually under 30 but still for them to use their power and force nations to field youth squads doesn’t seem fair.

What they should do is allow what they did in 1984 & 88 which is allow players any age as long as they didn’t appear in a World Cup.

That would be a lot better in my opinion than the current set up that uses 3 overaged players.

23. Nainggolan

Nainggolan Member+

Jun 4, 2021

Shen-O and La Magica repped this.
  24. DOctore13

DOctore13 Member

Jul 19, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Wait Dybala's family is polish immigrants to Argentina and they named their kid Adolph?

25. Matrim

Matrim Member+

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Not exactly, as the names Adolpfo and Adolph are quite different.Plus in many parts of Europe the child is named to their grandparent by tradition, so this might have played a factor.

Also - since many names are derivative from latin and ancient greek, saxon etc. they'd repeat in different countries, and it'd so often happen than a king of such a name would attack your country in the thousand years of its existence. You can't ban every name that someone who attacked your country has ever worn.

Otherwise most British and American names wouldn't have existed around the world by now.