Other Teams ** Everyone Else ** [R]

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Feb 19, 2013.

1. iGiallorossi

iGiallorossi Member+

Oct 4, 2010
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    AS Roma
    ....footballers

2. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hazard apparently is overweight again. Dude most of done some serious damage considering their season only ended a month ago.

3. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    I’ve always taken him for a poor professional. I remember him saying he cares more about fun than winning when he’s playing or something to that effect.

4. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma

These two mugs are lucky Cristante isnt Spanish and show them how its really done.

5. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain

6. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Phil said I was hot and beautiful and agreed that I had a good ass. I really think he had a good time with me. He talked nicely about me, telling me how beautiful I was. All sorts of things. Then he hugged me and told Mason I was a 'keeper'."

Apparently Foden thinks shes a keeper. Probably better than Olsen. :laugh:

7. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    1305034367132028928 is not a valid tweet id

They want 80 million. Theres better players in Serie B

shiboboo and Salmeen10 repped this.
  8. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    1305593701381660679 is not a valid tweet id

German cup. Fan shouting abuse about family.

9. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Go to about 1:50. I remember this, it was funny as hell.

La Magica repped this.
  10. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bale's agent said they're talking with Tottenham.

11. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pretty cool. Still crazy to remember him at 18, with braces and acne, just casually walking into Serie A as one of the best defenders. Thought we were set for the next decade with him and Romagnoli.

Shen-O, Andreas, La Magica and 3 others repped this.
  12. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma

This is what Jose is up against. Like hes talking to a bunch of under 14's telling them to communicate and not ball watch.

indestructible repped this.
  13. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    As if it were yesterday. Time goes by fast.

14. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bayern just dumpstered Schalke 8-0. Wouldn't be shocking at all if they get relegated this year.

15. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Kramaric hattrick. Guy is a beast.

shiboboo repped this.
  16. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    When will FIFA go back to 3 subs or will they?

17. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like the 5 subs, they should keep it.

Salmeen10 repped this.
  18. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    They should allow for unlimited subs at halftime as well, there is no reason not to.

Some rules desperately need to be updated.

Java65 repped this.
  19. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I liked the idea of 5 subs with the last 2 having to be u-22

20. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Why should there be unlimited subs at ht? This allows managers who got it so badly wrong tactically with an easy way out. I dont think that makes the game better.

21. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Because there is no reason not to. Every team sports game has unlimited subs except football, and the only excuse is it slows down the game, at halftime that doesn’t apply.

I don’t care about the managers, I care about players in a 24 players roster actually playing. It will have a positive impact on how rosters are built.

22. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Because there is no reason not to? Yeah there is.
    It doesnt slow the game down? It would destroy the chemistry and flow of the game with potential numerous new players starting the game fresh in the 2nd half taking time to get into the game. You're cutting down the time frame for players to be in the flow and things start to click on the pitch. Mechanical stop start approach is not improvement.

We already see that now with 5 subs and stop and start. Its understandable currently considering the amount of games in quick succession and it will probably stay.
    Managers are the ones who call the shots and they dont deserve an easy way out if their tactics are badly off the mark. Having limited subs can be argued that it has a positive aspects to coaching as at least a number of players on the squad need to be flexible if adaption needs to be made.

Not every change they make is positive such as the hand ball rule currently and the insane usage of VAR taking in cases up to 5 mins to make a decision on marginal offside calls.

23. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The way it is now, if you don't utilize any subs for example, you can sub in 5 different players all at once at any given time throughout the game. Or even sub one at the half and 4 any other time.

That's half of the starting roster right there. Not sure if anyone will do that but according to the current rules, they could.

24. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    You are talking like I’m suggesting coaches should be forced to change the whole team at half time. They should have the option to change players, if they think its not worth it then they don’t.

Positives from allowing more subs:

1-Less injuries.
    2-Higher tempo.
    3-More opportunities to younger players.
    4-Prolonging the careers of players.

All of these far outweigh the negatives you mentioned. A coach plan working or not is the 100th item on my importance lists.

Coaches will have to adapt just like basketball coaches, who have multiple game plans, rotations, matchups and coverages all planned ahead. There is no reason why a coach shouldn’t have 2 different plans for 2 halves, they already do it to a lesser extent.

You seem to care way more about coach plans than I do, I think this game is about players not coaches. The coach with the better players will have the advantage 80% of the time regardless.

Shen-O repped this.
  25. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    #32050 La Magica, Sep 20, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
    I care about what makes football good to watch.That is a challenging game that flows. The tempo and rhythm of a game comes from less changes and allowing players to get into the zone. Have you played football at an organised level? You would surely understand this. I understand you're not saying that it would be done every game but it would be an option that we could see and if you want to see a good game with high tempo then this is not the way. 80%? 11 great individuals or 11 well drilled team players? Who wins the majority of the time? Pick the team of skilled individuals and you will lose. Its the coach who drills those hard working but limited players into a good team.

Uncertainty with 11 v 11 for 45 mins at a time that makes it the most complex game to figure out. A coaching plan is 100th on your list of importance? lol man, its the coach just as important a the players that can make or break the team. Players need the coach just as much as the coach needs the players. Its a symbiotic relationship. Getting one system in place that has a functioning defence, build up and attack between 11 players and 11 or so other players ready to step in is almost impossible for these coaches to do today before they are fired and someones else comes in, never mind having 2 system or more.
    Basketball is a much simpler games and cannot be compared from a coaching pov. Dont see it that way? Read this book https://www.amazon.com/Teambuilding-road-success-Rinus-Michels/dp/1890946737

5 subs is enough to answer your bullet point positives. I hope we never see unlimited ht subs.