Other Teams ** Everyone Else ** [R]

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Feb 19, 2013.

1. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Too bad DDR didn't stick around a little longer at Boca. Could have finally won his league title. Crazy choke from River. Gallardo didn't even travel for Libertadores to focus on this game and they still blew it

2. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
  3. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Atl. Madrid have mastered the art of time wasting. Its so good, you kind of have to admire it.

whill4 repped this.
  4. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great game from Atleti.

There really aren’t any great teams this year. As long as they don’t draw Madrid I could see someone like them or Leipzig winning it.

5. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Atalanta will win it. Our resident boomers have manifested it.

ErPupone, Shen-O, Haakon24 and 3 others repped this.
  6. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    River Plate took our their frustration on some poor Peruvian side. 8-0

7. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    copa.jpg

copa 2.jpg

Surely some sort of record :laugh:

8. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    Arteta and Hudson Odoi have Corona.

9. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Liverpool could be denied their first league title in 30 years if 14 Premier League clubs agree to axe the season (The Sun)

Just imagine if this happens.
    Couldnt happen to a nicer club. Hope king Kenny is reading this from his bedsit.

DOctore13 and Salmeen10 repped this.
  10. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    Carragher is already trying to make excuses as to why the season should continue from where they left off, no matter the date. Love watching these Scousers squirm.

La Magica repped this.
  11. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma

We should sign Ilicic
    'We need to aim higher"

We should sign Gomez
    'Midtable journeyman"

We should sign Taarabt
    "he's finished"

shiboboo and L'immortale repped this.
  12. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Can he shoot? While impressive ball skills, I only counted three goals from that 7 minute video. One was a gaffe from the keeper. He needs to make his skills more efficient.

13. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Hes turned into a deep lying playmaker. Hes creating, not scoring goals now. He used to be attacking. Always been one of the best footballers of his generation but a poor attitude held him back. Now he's sitting deep and using his skill on the ball to drag in 2 or 3 players and then pass it on. Hes interpreting the role in his way. He had a good year at Genoa a couple of years ago and was available for peanuts. Good to see a talented player shining though.

Shen-O and L'immortale repped this.
  14. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Unfortunately, none of that is seen in the video. There seemed to be opportunities created but the maker of the video cut them off. Problem with how many view the game, thinking the bling is what is important.

15. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    What is seen in the video is him holding the ball, drawing people in and opening up a lot of space for his teammates. That is not bling. It's a very important skill that few players have today because they're taught touch and go. Adding his arrogant style to a sitting midfield position is very useful to the team play.

Shen-O repped this.
  16. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    But the video shows him doing his thing. It does not show him making his team better. So while his skills are impressive, the video is not & does little to convince me that he is a player that is a must.

17. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Making your team better as a player is all in the small details every time you get the ball. A player who doesn't panic and holds the ball under pressure such as that will make a team better as a unit on the pitch. That comes down to mere seconds on the ball but those seconds set a tone for the opposition who will be more cautious to dive in on him. Perhaps you cant see those details. They are clear in that video.

18. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    What I see in that video is a player with explosive bursts, who shows great skill in small space but is not able to turn those episodes into something productive for his team, i.e. goals. Now is that due to the fault of the video maker or just who the player is. The video does not show him holding the ball. From the video, it seems all he knows to do is take off & nutmeg.

19. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    #31744 La Magica, Mar 18, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
    Ahh sigh. You're difficult old man.

Get past the few nutmeg and you will see moments where he is passed the ball. Instead of playing it on quickly like most midfielders do, due to his style he is very comfortable stopping the ball before making those bursts. It's just a small detail that is there. Leading to drawing in players freeing up the pitch. That is all I am saying.

This type of play can often lead to chance creation as well by opening up the chance for his teammates to make the final assist. Zidane was a master at it (secondary assist). He didnt get many final assists himself compared to say Totti but it was his initial play that got the play moving and it all counts towards the chance from the team pov.

But I forgot I'm talking to someone who expected the little french guy to also score like Messi before he could rate him. :D

https://theguardian.com/football/2020/feb/08/return-of-adel-taarabt-reinvented-himself-at-benfica-qpr

There is not one single reason why Taarabt has fallen back in love with football, and why football has fallen back in love with him, but his loan spell at Genoa in 2017-18, and his relationship with Ivan Juric, his manager there, is one of the most important.

Read Falc ;)

L'immortale repped this.
  20. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Mag - Don't get me wrong. I see the skills. I appreciate what is shown. But if you go back and read my posts, the one I am the most critical is of the video maker. I don't see these highlight packages worthwhile other than there is a player with some skill. That can be said about many players. This 7 minute video does not convince me anymore than the videos of the Little French Guy doing the same crap.

21. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #31746 falvo, Mar 19, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
    Now that Ibra is out of LALA land, I love him more by the day!

BtownKj repped this.
  22. BtownKj

BtownKj Member

Italy
    Jul 15, 2006
    South Korea
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    7B2C8B5E-87CB-4651-9859-210D6D04ACB4.jpeg

falvo repped this.
  23. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  24. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Gary Nevilles idea of a festival of football is quite interesting as a way to see out the season when this passes in a couple of months. Finishing the season with games being played day after day. Would be something special even if the games were a slower pace. I think they'll have to get creative like, this.

25. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    phat, Shen-O, Moebek and 3 others repped this.