News: Other Teams - WC 2022 / International Edition (R)

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Cris 09, Sep 6, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Almost certain to happen unfortunately.

Ger90 and BVBFNM repped this.
  2. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sadly not only is there a ton of racist abuse on social media towards Rashford, Sancho and Saka but some black guys in the streets are getting assaulted.

Ger90 repped this.
  3. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    being black has nothing to do with missed PK. Blame on Southgate and them having young take PKs.

abuse should go to older coward players who have young take PKs.

than again to be fair not like Donnarumma isn't young himself. Donnarumma was still eligible for Italy U21 too.

4. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Donnarumma is still young but looks HUGE stood in between the posts though, makes the goal look small.

Ger90 repped this.
  5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    he's 1.96m tall, that's a GK if he jumps right way for PK chances it'll get saved very very high.

Alex C repped this.
  6. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Funny thing is Pickford was equally good in penalty shootout and certainly the better goalkeeper in regulation time…overall Pickford was the best goalkeeper of the tournament but as Italy won Donnarumma won the award

7. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The woman and I said the same. No respect for the game. There were 3 or 4 England players that kept the medal on and we were both like, "Mom is watching".

Aderthan repped this.
  8. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah, some pretty horrible stuff circulating on social media.

Unfortunately for us...he will be a great keeper for Italy for years to come.

9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Donnarumma is Buffon's heir, that is for sure.

10. rj123

rj123 Member

The team with the most German NT players
    Germany
    Nov 21, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Don't know who picks the order for the penalty kicks - was it Southgate? I know England was practicing PKs - maybe the first 5 did the best in practice?

I watched the replay and no way did England deserve to win this game. they were definitely second best.

Ger90 repped this.
  11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm embarrassed that in 2012 we lost to Balotelli double who's career took massive nose dive in past few years. 4 days ago announced moving to a promoted Turkish 1st division,lol.

Turkish 1st is like MLS 2.0 in terms of retirement league but in Europe, lol.

12. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    England just parking bus for majority of match.

also Klinsmann said that practicing Pks you can NEVER replicate it on stage.

Its true in practice no fans, your also not practicing vs GK who you will face in match, nerves kick in etc.

as for PK some are critical at how a Grealish avoided taking a PK, lol. I mean that Southgate subbed on Sancho and Rashford was just for them to take Pks,so were always on list......

13. rj123

rj123 Member

The team with the most German NT players
    Germany
    Nov 21, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah, it's tough to replicate real PKs when you've just run for 120 mins. Adrenalin, exaustion, etc. can never be replicated in practice. But that's when you should be relying on muscle memory and instinct. Probably the worst thing to do is thinnk about it. And no FANCY DANCING. Just take the damn shot.

But since you manage to have the worst PK loss rate of any major team, you've got to do something. Especially when losing in PKs must be in Southgates's mind.

Also didn't Germany always practice PKs? I mean in the 90s, not in the 21st century.

During a match, it's tough. During WC 90, wasn't it the case that noone wanted to take the winning PK and Brehme took it (or insisted on taking it)?

hava and Ger90 repped this.
  14. Aderthan

Aderthan Member+

Schwarz weiss essen
    Germany
    Nov 17, 2020
    Capitano Draxler never practice penalty. One of Germany's greatest ever penalty taker, just ask Buffon:cool:.

BVBFNM and Ger90 repped this.
  15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I do miss that dead cold German PK taking from past.

for awhile Germans were garbage in PKs. All more surprising that U21 had 4 CBs take them and all excelled, LOL.

BorisG repped this.
  16. Ator

Ator Member

SC Freiburg
    Germany
    Mar 19, 2021
    "Dead cold" seems hat everyone has to hit the penalty. I think from 1982 to 2016 Germany not only won all PKs, but also didn't miss a single penalty (Stielike 1982 against France, still won, until 2016 against Italy, still won too).

That's a ********ing killer mentality. I agree with you, the worst thing Löw did to us was eliminate the German killer mentality.

Boandlkramer, Ger90 and BorisG repped this.
  17. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hi Cris

18. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    A last bit of Euro trivia.

Since France won their second Euro in 2000, all subsequent editions of the European Championship have been won by southern European countries (Greece 2004, Spain 2008 and 2012, Portugal 2016 and Italy 2021).

poorvi and BorisG repped this.
  19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    England failed at the EM against Italy on their own nerves. In the penalty shootout, coach Gareth Southgate was left behind. Also because three young players, Marcus Rashford, Jadon Sancho and Buyako Saka, took penalties after being substituted on - and awarded them. The TV experts Michael Ballack and Fredi Bobic criticized the selection of the England coach. Italy is European champion. The "Squadra Azzurra" prevailed after 120 nerve-racking minutes on penalties (3-2) against England. After the game, there was mainly headwind for England coach Gareth Southgate, who brought two supposedly safe shooters with Marcus Rashford and Jadon Sancho shortly before the decision from the point - both failed their nerves when trying from the penalty spot. "It's a strange situation if you don't touch a ball and come at the very last minute," said EM expert Michael Ballack on Magenta TV, his incomprehension about the late change of the English selection coach.

The two late substitutes "couldn't handle the situation because they weren't in the game at all," Ballack continued, adding: "The selection was certainly not particularly lucky from Southgate." The former captain of the German national team also received encouragement from Fredi Bobic, who has been managing director of Bundesliga club Hertha BSC since June 2021. In the opinion of the 49-year-old Southgate had "gambled away". Bobic complained in particular that with Bukayo Saka a 19-year-old had to play as the decisive shooter - and ultimately failed with the decisive attempt on the later player of the tournament, Gianluigi Donnarumma. "That amazed me."

Ballack doesn't understand Southgate's decision For Ballack, the penalty shooters simply lacked "the balance between experience and youthfulness". The decision against goalscorer Luke Shaw or Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson, who had to make way for Rashford shortly before the end of extra time, could not understand the ex-professional of Bayern and Chelsea. "I actually bring such players, I let them shoot," said Ballack.

BorisG repped this.
  20. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Subbing players on right at the end just for pens seems wrong, they have no chance to get into the game.

Then the experienced players like Sterling, Shaw and Grealish hiding when it mattered and letting a kid take the fall (and get a ton of abuse) was poor as well.

Even made the 2 subs when defending a corner which you should never do lol. Seems the players and management all lost their nerve, against a superior team who dominated a lot of the match.

Ger90 repped this.
  21. Aderthan

Aderthan Member+

Schwarz weiss essen
    Germany
    Nov 17, 2020
    Jogi + Southgate = Domenech

Ator and Ger90 repped this.
  22. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Jack Grealish has hit back at Roy Keane after his former assistant manager at Aston Villa criticised both he and Raheem Sterling for allowing Bukayo Saka to take a penalty ahead of them in the Euro 2020 final against Italy.

England suffered a penalty shoot-out loss in the final of Euro 2020 against Roberto Mancini's side, with Saka missing the vital spot-kick.

Keane was quick to criticise experienced performers Grealish and Sterling, as he suggested they should have taken responsibility ahead of Arsenal youngster Saka.

"If you're Sterling or Grealish, you cannot sit there and let a young kid walk up ahead of you," he told ITV Sport.

"You can't sit there, see a young kid at 19 who is shy walking up in front of me, and I've played a lot more games and have a lot more experience?

"Sterling has won trophies. I'm not saying he wasn't prepared, maybe Gareth had him sixth or seventh.

"You can't sit there, that must be hard to take. You pull this young kid and say 'listen, I'll step up for you."

But Grealish responded on Monday morning, backing up Gareth Southgate's contention that the decision on selecting the penalty takers was his alone.

"I said I wanted to take one!!!!" Grealish said in a tweet

The gaffer has made so many right decisions through this tournament and he did tonight! But I won’t have people say that I didn’t want to take a peno when I said I will…"

23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lol Irishman trashing Irishman.

Alex C repped this.
  24. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Well, subbing a player in specifically for the penalty shootouts worked out wonders for Louis van Gaal, who subbed Krul in for Cilessen in the 2014 World Cup quarter-finals vs Costa Rica.

Ger90 repped this.
  25. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Different scenario for a keeper though tbf, the pressure on a player when they literally come on just to take one penalty in a big game is huge, could be their only kick of the ball. At least a keeper gets a few chances to make a save.

Ger90 and BVBFNM repped this.