Other Teams and MLS....stuff [R]

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by UPinSLC, Mar 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoyalNonesuch

RoyalNonesuch Member+

May 10, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does MLS have a fantasy league commissioner to veto this shit?

BalanceUT repped this.
  2. Black Prince

Black Prince Member

Sep 11, 2006
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Do you guys think Shalrie is still a dominant player in MLS? I'm not so sure. On paper, sure Chivas was fleeced. I'm interested to see how big of a role he plays in Seattle. He's primarily a DM going to a team with a top 3 DM in Alonso. He's 34. Not particularly fast, but still good on the ball and dangerous on set pieces. Where does he fit on the pitch? I don't rate him over Brad Evans at the point, and unless they are switching to a 3-5-2...

3. Aero

Aero Member

Feb 7, 2005
    SLC, Ut
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, how does that negotiation go?

Chivas calls Seattle and says, "We'll give you Joseph for free."

Seattle says, "No."

"We'll pay part of his salary."

"No".

"We'll throw in a couple of draft picks."

"Well, you're getting close. Throw in your spot on the allocation order and we have a deal."

"Gee thanks for giving us such a good deal," Chivas says. Then mutters under their breath, "Suckers. We were going to throw in some allocation money as well."

I can't believe they couldn't find a team that would have taken him off their hands for a lot less. They might have even gotten something back in return. What is going on down there? And why aren't we involved in any of these deals.

4. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting. Sigi had said a week or so that they weren't pursuing Joseph any further because he was out of shape. All of the extras in the trade are probably what changed Seattle's mind. That's a pretty crazy trade. How long is the Don going to allow this before he steps in? Do Chivas know what they are doing, or are they just sacrificing future picks that they see as unnecessary? Is Shalrie refusing to play, or is he viewed that badly that Chivas will give up all of that and still pay his salary? Too many questions...

5. pate

pate Member+

Jun 12, 2007
    Provo, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, is there anyone on Chivas' side that we could take along w/ a permanent foreign player slot and a couple of draft choices?

Boz, Taragui and 15 to 32 repped this.
  6. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is definitely the extras - particularly the #3 spot in the allocation order. GM Hanauer basically admitted such, stating that there are bound to be USNT players abroad who will want to come home and play for Seattle specifically, meaning they ought to be able to add someone later this season.

7. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, did Chivas set any conditions on the trade (i.e. Joseph plays a determined number of minutes, Seattle scores a predetermined number of own goals against Chivas, etc.), or was it just a matter of "Here's our wallet, take what you want!"?

8. Bulldog SLC

Bulldog SLC Member

May 4, 2012
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been the guy to tell people "don't worry about Chivas, worry about RSL", but this definately sounds suspect.

9. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

Is you serious? That is ridiculous, Chivas have lost their damn minds. Did the league SERIOUSLY approve this trade? Chivas basically gave away all this shit for NOTHING.

Mind boggling.

10. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What even happened there? He acts like he has a head injury but I don't see where he got hit?

12. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's what I was wondering. The only bad sportsmanship I see is the keeper going down with a faked injury. The goal seems like just deserts.

Heat exhaustion? Should we send out the orange slices for him?

13. 2nd Mouse

2nd Mouse Member+

Apr 11, 2012
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heat exhaustion, per the link in SenordrummeR2's post.

14. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not to make light of it, but there's really no reason to drop the ball like that unless its a pretty major injury. I don't know if it was the team behind that scored, if so I could see where they thought he was trying to fake an injury to milk time and took advantage of it.

15. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. But the way he goes down and then kind of goes limp makes me wonder if he blacked out.

16. 2nd Mouse

2nd Mouse Member+

Apr 11, 2012
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you're at all aware of what you're doing and you want to milk the clock, I don't think you allow yourself to just let the ball roll away.

Regardless, it was a dick move.

17. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree, but he wasn't milking the clock. His team was down 2-1. Unless if he was part of the crime syndicate and was throwing the game...

18. Bulldog SLC

Bulldog SLC Member

May 4, 2012
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's the Croatians I tell ya

19. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's depth with plenty of experience

The only thing I wonder is how Seattle is staying under the cap with moves like this and the ones rumored to be coming.

It makes me happy as an anti-Seattle fan that they are having to pay DP money for a guy who will likely be sitting the bench more than not. That's what you want from your competition

Black Prince repped this.
  20. Black Prince

Black Prince Member

Sep 11, 2006
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Exactly. If he's depth, he's very expensive DP depth.

21. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought the trade involved Chivas paying a portion of his salary. I doubt Seattle was willing to take on very much for him.

22. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, sounds fishy to me. There must be something else going on that is not being reported. As messed up as the Chivas FO might be, I don't think they are that stupid.

23. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Espy isn't really pairing well with the 2nd forward. They keep running into the same space. Olave isn't playing like he's interested. I wonder if this year shows how much he benefited from playing with Borchers.

24. jr89436

jr89436 Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I cannot believe that Seattle got Mario Martinez from RSL for next to nothing. Jason Kreis has to be rueing that decision. That has turned into a major giveaway, compounded by being one of the few players that seem to give Nick trouble.

Every time I watch Martinez play, like tonight versus Red Bulls, I just shake my head. It is already obvious that he is destined to play at the highest levels. You don't see people like that come through MLS very often. Hindsight and all that but still... Ouch.

Bulldog SLC and pate repped this.
  25. Aero

Aero Member

Feb 7, 2005
    SLC, Ut
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if KC fans ever say the same thing about Gill when they watch him playing for us.