Other Team News (R)

Discussion in 'Inter Milan' started by MetroChile, Oct 17, 2009.

1. marakana11

marakana11 Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Cali
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    That's a big if.. and since I began watching Inter circa 2002, we always choke in the biggest atmospheres in Europe, as much as it pains me to say that.

We will see if this new team under Mourinho is different, but I will say that we showed the same old Inter versus Barcelona a couple of months ago. I am curious to see if we come out exactly like we did against Manchester last year. Even though our back line obviously was not as good, we still didn't play too well.

I am waiting for the game Inter truly turns it up, and can definitely say we were the better team on the night in a European duel.

2. bibonzo

bibonzo New Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Croatia
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    In short we sucked big time against Barcelona and your right about performances. Sucks a bit to see it year, after year... and so on:rolleyes:

But we love Inter and hope for the best!

If we have to lose at least we can put them threw hell. They will miss a few key players and look rather slow at times so I truly believe we can do it if Muntari does not play. LOL:D

3. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    what can i say.............
    bravo bibo and mara u pretty much have sed it all
    now i hope porto can stick it to arsenal :D

4. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    btw if u guys know Luciano moggi(which u probably do, since his full of it)
    he predicted that all Italian team in the CL are going to get eliminated
    so far milan lost 3-2, and fiore lost to bayern 1-0
    lets see what happens to us.........

5. bibonzo

bibonzo New Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Croatia
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Fiorentina game is tomorrow you missed something. But he is probably right Italian teams don't have much rating in this pairs. On paper all shod lose, we hope for the best.

6. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    haha i was reading the goal.com article and i thought i read "Van gaal happy with 1-0", but it actually sed he would be happy with a 1-0 result, thx for the correction

7. marakana11

marakana11 Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Cali
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Yeah... I see all three Italian teams losing as sad as it is.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

8. Tyrannius

Tyrannius New Member

May 3, 2009
    Texas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Anyone catch a glimpse of the Bayern-Fiorentina game? I didn't watch it all but Jojo was awesome as seems to becoming the norm now and Tom Henning-Øvrebø struck again, this time against Fiorentina. I'll go hide now because the mere mention of his name incurs the wrath of some of our forum residents. :eek:

9. bibonzo

bibonzo New Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Croatia
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Very even game, Fiorentina deserved a draw and Bayern's second goal was from clear offside. I expected a more comfortable game from Bayern but they struggled hard and Fiore have a great chance to go threw at home with this kind of display. Totally different team to one that keeps losing in Italian league.

10. marakana11

marakana11 Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Cali
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Totally agree Bibo... Firenze played well after going that goal down. Bayern couldn't really can't anything going. I couldn't believe they got that red.. it was a bit violent, but it was on and off. I can see why he gave it...

As for the goal, that was complete bullshit. But I can't really fault Overbo as much, because he was horizontal to the play. So he has to count on his linesman in that situation. The linesman said the goal was good...

So I would highly blame the linesman for not seeing a clear offside. But I guess most people will argue that is the main referee's job to see that.

11. Tyrannius

Tyrannius New Member

May 3, 2009
    Texas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Firenze is out of the Champions League but really, they don't deserve to be. Klose's offsides goal in Munich came back to haunt them, not to mention Robben's wondergoal after Fiorentina had gone up 3-1.

It was another huge game for Jovetic though who, being completely honest, is the only reason why I occasionally watch Fiorentina.

12. marakana11

marakana11 Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Cali
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    I sometimes wish Jovetic was Serbian, and why the split between Serbia and Montenegro has hurt both countries.

Had Serbia had Vucinic and Jovetic in attack our prospects would be looking a lot better right now even though we are playing pretty well.

13. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    these last two days have been so painful, 1st a massacre then a good game lost

14. bibonzo

bibonzo New Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Croatia
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Well this is night of two big tragedies, Milan got trashed like never before and Real gave 300 million for nothing. Lyon played a big match they deserve big praise for there performance.

15. marakana11

marakana11 Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Cali
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Lyon's performance is a coming of age win. They have never won with their backs against the wall, and they have finally done that tonight.

In the first half it was all Real, and it only seemed a matter of time before they would strike the second killer blow. Instead Puel uses some guile, and guts to put on Kallstrom and Gonalons at halftime shifting to three in the back. Toulalan played center back in the second half.

While Real had chances Lyon pretty much was the better of the two sides and the equalizer was deserved. Another ex-Yugo player, this time in the form of Miralem Pjanic popped up.

Man how good Yugoslavia would be with these talents.

16. SteelShot

SteelShot Member

Jun 8, 2009
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Either Pjanic or Kallstrom would be a nice fit as our LCM :D

17. marakana11

marakana11 Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Cali
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    I was hoping Pjanic would come out and play tonight. He had some bad passes, but made up with that goal.

I knew he would be a good player when I first saw him at Lyon, but I am unsure how far he will go.

He has the potential to be one of the world's best attacking midfielders in the next ten years. And he is only 20, or rather 19 but just about to turn 20.

18. SteelShot

SteelShot Member

Jun 8, 2009
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yea he had a rough first half but like you said the kid is still young. I highly doubt Lyon would sell those two this summer

19. marakana11

marakana11 Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Cali
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    And in the end he came up when it really mattered. The calmness with which he took his goal was impressive. He took the ball down with his thigh, and shot it immediately.

Clinical.

20. SteelShot

SteelShot Member

Jun 8, 2009
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    yeap. Lyon is a dangerous team and seem to have Madrid's number. It will be interesting to see who they draw next

21. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I don't want to take anything away from Lyon, but one needs to acknowledge that Real Madrid has been a habitual Champions League under achiever for like 5 or 6 seasons now.

Them getting knocked out by Lyon reminds me of Roma's victory over Real Madrid, where after the first game Real Madrid was way too confident and cooky about their chances of proceeding.

22. marakana11

marakana11 Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Cali
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    I can't wait for them to fire Pellegrini and sell 5 players.

That club needs some stability, and I really can't believe how low Madrid has sunk.

They have gone through three squads in 4 years. It's quite ridiculous. The white shirt used to mean something, class perhaps, from the days of di Stefano, Puskas, and Kopa.

Now it just means greed and instability.

Until someone can return and provide stability and show some class, Madrid is a failure for me.

I am trying to talk from a historical perspective, not as a fan.

23. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    completly agree, except for firing pellegrini
    the stupidest thing would be to fire him and sell/buy more players if anything the squad should not change(except for some minor things ex. gago)

and u forgot a handful of coaches lol................

imo. im actually surprised we got that far, heck im surprised we are at the top of the league with a squad that not much older than 6-7 months
    i would be confident for next season(unless RM do some greedy player hunting) u would be surprised how many RM fans are not happy with how we handle players

24. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hey what about the zidane, figo, ronaldo days? those were good times;)

25. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I don't think Mara meant that he is blaming Pellegrini for Madrid's elimination rather than management actually would (or will) and consequently would/could fire him.