Other team news IV

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by bvbSlash, Apr 11, 2019.

1. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Haaland, Gündogan and Akanji are CL winners.

astrophyz repped this.
  2. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Haaland and Akanji couldn't properly challenge for the BL with us because we had that fvcking idiot Favre as head coach.

hava and astrophyz repped this.
  3. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    I'm happy for Akanji especially because of all the crap he's been getting from some of us and also felt like the club underappreciated him at times. If you look at the amount of games he played with this City team and today the key pass that led to the goal you can better appreciate his quality.

hava repped this.
  4. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Leipzig will likely make over 220 million this summer with just Nkunku, Szoboszlai and Gvardiol. They'll have to replace that kind of quality first, of course, but they certainly did a good job recently to build up their team. I think they'll consistently outperform us soon in the table as well.

That's why you have to take the chances you get. You never know how frequent those chances will come in the future and repeated failure isn't something attracting the best to join your project.

BVBFNM repped this.
  5. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Replacing those three players is easier said than done.

6. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    From the little I've seen, the rumors about Union's transfer targets are interesting and a warning to us that our competitors aren't sleeping. They seem intent to go all in in assembling a squad for the CL and to remain a contender for the Euro spots. Their development is pretty wild. I thought the last season was the huge outlier but after their promotion, they finished 11th, 7th, 5th and 4th. And now they probably see the CL as the big chance to preserve what they've built up over the last years.

They are the reason why their relegated neighbor's nice 74k stadium will finally see some CL football again. I have to respect the guts and ambition but I also wonder for how long they'll be able to keep it up.

astrophyz and BVBFNM repped this.
  7. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Same here.

8. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Building on one's success is the natural thing to do IMO. If you don't do that at this point, then when?

hava and BVBFNM repped this.
  9. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Leipzig and Bayern out of the cup so which offers us a good possibility to win this title.
    Bayern will be fired up against us (as usual) in the coming league game.

eaglespark, HockeytownHeel and BVBFNM repped this.
  10. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Will Leverkusen be the ones to end Bayern's title-winning streak this season? If so then I would personally like to ask Watzke WHAT'S YOUR FVCKING EXCUSE?

astrophyz repped this.
  11. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Leverkusen have the courage and will to win. We are a mentally weak team that crumbles on each and every real challenge we face. Each single one!!!

BVBFNM repped this.
  12. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    In light of what Leverkusen are accomplishing this season, Reus is now looking like a fool for protesting the accusations of mental frailty that have been lobbed at Dortmund over the past few seasons.

13. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Haller scored the game winners in the semi and finale for Ivory Coast's Africa cup win. Should give him some confidence hopefully. I'm content with Füllkrug's way to link up with the offense which he does way better than Haller but I'd also welcome Haller being able to help the team with his characteristics.

astrophyz and BVBFNM repped this.
  14. TimBenneth

TimBenneth Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Uruguay
    May 10, 2017
    Everyone say bye bye Paris Brunner. Another of a line of potential stars from the youth team, running away as fast as they can from this club, who seem to be more interested in bringing in and rehabilitating other club's players so they can increase market value on a sale (not to Dortmund, because as usual management are too stupid to include a buy clause option). This comes on the back of Charles Hermann now being looked at by Brighton, who I'll remind you, probably have one of the best scouting departments worldwide, and Rijhkoff leaving to Ajax.

All hail the Weaselkuk!
    https://football-italia.net/top-serie-a-club-in-talks-for-dortmund-starlet-paris-brunner/

15. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Leverkusen play technical football and control games. They dominate possession and are in control of matched. So when they get a bit nervous they are still in control

We don't control matches, every match is they attack and then we attack. We constantly get outplayed and often just rely on Kobel to save ourselves or individual brilliance. Hence when there is a little bit of nerves we don't win. The issue is the style of play more than any mental strength

astrophyz repped this.
  16. TimBenneth

TimBenneth Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Uruguay
    May 10, 2017
    I'll put this in other club's news, because we all know Jadon does not belong to Dortmund as they can't afford him. add this to the fact that Pariso Brunner is looking to leave to juventus because he doesn't think the club have his interests at heart... and viola! Great job management! In one strike, we have not only lost one of the most promising potentially generational talents in Paris, but we are now stiffling the next breakthrough star in Bynoe, all for a player the club can not even afford and are brining in on loan a rehabilitation program.

It's like you have 2 children of your own, but you decide to go and adopt your neighbours child, and start feeding him off the plate of your own flesh and blood, and seeing as you don't have enough food to eat, you end up stunting the development of your own child. Smart. These b.tches from Harvard bro!

https://www.getfootballnewsgermany....a-dortmund-have-betrayed-jamie-bynoe-gittens/

astrophyz repped this.
  17. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Sparta Prague can build up and control the midfield better than us

18. TimBenneth

TimBenneth Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Uruguay
    May 10, 2017
  19. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Just watched Leverkusen vs Union and these guys are impressive. They attacked relentlessly, even before the red card. You can feel they really put in the effort and want to win. Meanwhile Bayern lost again (to Heidenheim!!!), what is going on with them!! The league could be decided next week already!! I was the first who said Bayern would win another 10 in a row, Leverkusen proved me a fool... haha!! Congrats to them!!

astrophyz repped this.
  20. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Tuchel is what happened to them ;)

21. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I remember when Slash was around he wouldn't stop posting about how sacking Tuchel was the biggest mistake in Dortmund's history.

22. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    In our case, Tuchel was sacked for personal reasons (mainly him being an ahole). It's possible it could have been worked out but the firing was probably deserved.
    Regarding just the ability of the coach, it's not like we were blessed with better coaches after him. In some games under him, we saw the same lack of fire power in offense that plagued Chelsea towards the end. But neither PSG nor Chelsea blossomed after sacking Tuchel or came close to what he did internationally by getting both teams to the CL final.

23. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Overall I'd be hard-pressed to say Tuchel is a bad manager. He has a few nice things on his resume such as two CL finals as hava mentioned.

BVBFNM repped this.
  24. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I must say I'm still angry at Tuchel for squandering our best ever shot at winning the Europa League.

25. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    IMO, to be a good manager you have to both be good at the technical aspects (tactics, game management, etc) AND be good with the people skills (being likable, good motivator, etc.) Tuchel sucks at the latter and that's why he doesn't last with a given team. He loses the people, whether it's the players or the leadership.

In our game against Bayern, I was just stunned at how the Bayern players were so passive when they were down a goal. It's like they didn't care. When that happens, for me it's also a sign of losing trust in the coach. It happened for us towards the end of the first half of this season.

hava repped this.