Other team news IV

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by bvbSlash, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    [emoji23][emoji23]

FoOtBaLl’S cOmInG hOmE!!!!!

That’s the thing with other fans. The delusion is open and unabashed

2. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Quote me on this. We will make the final.

Now I we probably won't be favourites against Spain, Italy or Belgium.

However we will make the final. Then we will see who is deluded.

Delusion is keeping a horrible, horrible manager and thinking he will suddenly stop being crap.

The three Dortmund boys should have gone and would have brought energy as well as technique.

BVBFNM repped this.
  3. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

I’d like to know which fans told you that Germany was going to win at all. But you’re right about the coach

4. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I never said any Germans thought Loew would win. Every German I know, held the exact same view about Loew.

Loew doesn't understand how to utilise a formation to get the best out of his players. However, he always picks the wrong players anyway.

A three man midfield with Kimmich and then any two of Goretzka, Gundogan, Dahoud or Neuhas would have worked well.

Boandlkramer repped this.
  5. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I think Kroos in comparison had a decent tournament. It's not just Löw still trusting him.

Watching Germany recently felt a bit like Dortmund under Favre. There were moments in the game when the individual quality of the players comes to the surface, a few fast combinations with just the last pass missing but overall the team looked as if something held them back. They were more focused on not conceding and then they still fell behind due to stupid mistakes and counterattacks. It's not as if England looked amazing in offense as long as the German defense was organized.

Further, just like Favre, what's up with those late subs with the tournament on the line? At least give the players some time to get into the game and don't interrupt the flow too much.

It was years ago but I remember watching an NT game and I thought it's to Löw's credit that he made the players work together so well after just a few training sessions. It didn't feel like that at all this Euro (or 2018) and there are many reasons for that (Kimmich's reduced influence, Gnabry and Werner far from their best, Sane with bizarrely bad perfomances).

6. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Completely disagree and Kroos was poor, though not completely his fault.

An astute tactical manager can make Kroos work, but you need to adjust for his weakness.

You definitely play two midfielders either side and you play 4 at the back.

Loew deserves no credit it's completely embarrassing that after preparing for the tournament for 3 years he was still clueless what tactics to play. He called back Hummels and Muller at the last minute. Everything about him was awful.

If you want to play Kroos, which there is no point, because Kimmich is just a better player and does most of things Kroos does, then you play him next next energy.

You put Dahoud/Neuhas on one side and Goretzka on the other side.

Kroos also didn't speed up the play often enough.

Muller was awful and should have come off, but he was asked to play a role that does not suit him.

7. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    In other teams news... Manchester U's new acquisition miss crucial penalty in the Euro final.

(Sorry I like the guy, but not his new team nor their fans...)

8. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I think we should aim for another DFB-Pokal win this season.

I don't know if Bayern having a transitional season will be enough to mount a title challenge. If we do challenge for the Bundesliga, let's hope we don't shoot ourselves in the foot.

Not gonna lie about the CL. I want us to have a path of least resistance in the knockout phase, up until the semi-finals when top tier opposition will be inevitable, but of course first we must advance from the group stage.

9. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    It looks like the Premier League clubs have put together teams much stronger than the rest of Europe. Of course matches are not won on paper, but City, Chelsea and United look to have better teams and especially squads than even Bayern.

10. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bayern and PSG have stronger starting xi’s the Man Utd imo.

11. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Possibly, but Bayern have no bench. Manchester United can field a 2nd team with Telles, Bailey, Lindelof, Mctominay, Van Der Beek, Lingaard and Greenwood.

Bayern are in real trouble if Lewandowski or Kimmich get injured.

12. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes Bayern’s depth is laughable, mediocre players like Sarr, O Richards. Roca and Choupo-Moting. I would the BVB bench is also stronger which could be an advantage this season.

Bayern do have some good young talent tbf but they haven’t done a lot of integrating over the last 5-10 years. I would say the best chance of both top German clubs of competing with the top EPL clubs is to develop homegrown stars instead of blocking them with squad fillers.

13. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    100 percent agree and this would also save the clubs money. If these youngsters are given a chance you might find a few of them are special.

14. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Manchester City apparently paid 100 million pounds (so ~117mil euro) for Grealish.. that's a bit stupid IMO. Am I the only one who thinks that? I know he has a long term deal, and he seems like a good player.. but still 117mil??

Well done Aston Villa!

15. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Ice cold fact: Aston Villa have more European Cups than M. City.

16. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    No that is the market value and what English teams are prepared to play. We are the ones that are a bit stupid for selling players way below market value.

That being said, I don't think Grealish improves them that much.

17. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    That's just lazy takes. Aston Villa probably gets almost double on domestic media rights money than Dortmund does so they, like other PL teams, do not have a financial incentive to let a player go even if that means losing him on a free. Dortmund, is not in that position so a player like Sancho who would have left on a free would hurt Dortmund ten fold as that would impact their chances of making and progressing through the CL, an outlet that allows Dortmund to financially compete with a team like Aston Villa. Therefore, market values of English players are not the same if said player is playing overseas vs in the PL.

18. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    No it seems you are the one being lazy.

Aston Villa have a lower income than we do, though they do have a very rich billionaire, who can support them over tough times.

It has nothing to do with letting players go on free, we are the club who foolishly let Haaland go for half his price, when apparently we can't afford to do such things.

It's genuinely embarrassing arguing that Dortmund can't compete with midtable English clubs when this is clearly factually untrue.

We let Sancho go cheap, because we want to keep our 'model' of being the number one feeder club in the world. We don't want to put up a fight and get a fair price, because we want youngsters all around the world to see Dortmund as the number one place to use as a stepping stone.

If we got a proper price for Sancho, we are worried that the next Jadon might not want to come to us. It's weal and shows a lack of ambition.

Bayern were in a similar spot when Premier League clubs were trying to buy Lahm, Schweinsteiger and Ribery. They put their foot down and decided to be successful.

It's laughable to claim we had to sell Sancho cheap for financial reasons when we are keeping Haaland for an extra year and taking 70 million loss on him.

19. TimBenneth

TimBenneth Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Uruguay
    May 10, 2017
    Its hard to justify selling Sancho at 83 mil Pounds, when a Lukaku, 8 years his senior and on his last legs is running a 100 mil Pound price tag, and a Jack Grealish who I rate well below Sancho, just sold for 100 mil Pounds as well. The only reasoN I can think he was sold so cheap, were the lack of other potential suitors, and that is likely becausE Sancho himself only wanted United and had made his mind. I still think the club should have held for a 90 mil Pound or higher fee ... personally, I would not have sold him for anything less than 120 mil Euros, irrespective of the pandemic. Although Grealish did have a longer contract.

And i really don't understand why anyone would buy Grealish anD Lukaku for that kind of money, when Halland is available for 175 miL Euros. With Lukaku there is no resale value, so you are not conserving the outlay in any way ... and with Grealish or even say a Harry Kane for 100-120 mil Pounds, ok they are both great players, but Halland is on a different planet man. Very strange transfer market tbh ... It seems like clubs would rather overreach to stiffle a competitor, but if that money is used wisely, you only run the risk of strengthening them. But hey, when you've got that Sheik money flowing in, I guess sh!t doesn't really matter. I can't wait until we go eco, and these Perestroika embezzled oligarchs, and Saudi princes are broke cause they have spent all their money on pampered little footballers who tip 30k $s at a Mikonos, so some clown can sprinkle salt all over your steak ... well, u know sh!ts mad when you are flying ur fking barber from England to cut your dam hair, like fk man, I get a pair of scissors and do that sh!t myself !!

20. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    I agree with eaglespark that we want our position as the best club for the best youngster to remain intact. (I'm not a fan of that model, but I don't want to discuss this now. It is this FO's model at the moment.)

But the comparison with Grealish isn't fair. If Sancho had a long contract with Aston Villa, was wanted by someone like Guardiola at Manchester City, then he would have gone for 180-200m euros, given Grealish's price!

But the reality is our model, and the fact that Sancho had 1 or 2 years, and there was a promise made to him by management.

If it wasn't for that promise, or if he wasn't so itching to go away, and if it wasn't for all the horniness of Man U media and fans on social media (which no doubt got into his head, no matter how professional he was) then maybe we could have let him go for 95-100 euros.. but nowhere near 180.

I just still think that Aston Villa were the winners on that deal for Grealish.

21. TimBenneth

TimBenneth Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Uruguay
    May 10, 2017
    Yes ... but alternatively, Dortmund should and could have held out for a far higher price than Manchester offered. One, because the social pressure from fans on the club to get that deal done would have been tsunamic. Just picture what a PR disaster it would have been to have seeN Sancho stay a year longer, only for say a Liverpool to come in and grab him at a 50% discount the following year ? I had initially thought that to be the play ... I can't understand a universe where Grealish is worth 100 mil Pounds, and a Sancho goes for 83 mil. Promises or no, selling at that price is daylight robbery. I bet yoU Sancho is worth double that after just a single season in the PL.

22. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Yes exactly. The pressure to get Sancho would have been immense. After what the owners pulled with the Super League and the United fans getting arguably the biggest Premier League match if the season cancelled, they would definitely have bought Sancho. Especially with the following prices.

Just one correction we didn't even get 83 million for Sancho, we got just 73.

23. TimBenneth

TimBenneth Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Uruguay
    May 10, 2017
    Yes, but let's not forget the add ons ... I'de think all of which are attainable.

24. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    There were no add ons. It was just a straight 73 million. The deal was that bad. Even what we released to the stock market was different from Dembele, where we stated add ons were included.

25. TimBenneth

TimBenneth Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Uruguay
    May 10, 2017