Other team news IV

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by bvbSlash, Apr 11, 2019.

1. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Elsewhere... VAR is being a complete joke in England.. not that it's great in other leagues, but they take it to another level in the EPL.

2. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Me neither. Have him please. (PS- I am slightly worried that he'll completely regain his old level and then I'll look like a fool.)

3. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Too late for that after match day 2!! lol

Boandlkramer repped this.
  4. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    wow.. Hoffenheim helping break the Bayern complex for BL teams with smart collective play and great tactics!

5. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Bayern are a great team, but they are just men. I don't like the way our board speak about them like unreachable gods.

However, I thought Bayern had a chances of dropping points today. They went 120 minutes in an exhausting match againsdt Sevilla.

The problem is that our board will use this Bayern result to excuse our poor performance yesterday. Bayern this season, lack squad depth and are vulnerable. We have the better squad and with a good manager could have an amazing season, but we need the manager.

Let's look at the City team?

Edison
    Walker--Garcia--Aki--Mendy

Mahrez--Fernandinho--Rodri-Foden

------------De Bruyne
    ------------Sterling

It's madness to think that our team at the very least is not on the same level f not better. However, that City team will go and dominate.

6. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Well City got thumped and as expected with that team. I look around Europe and apart from Liverpool/Bayern there is not a better first 11 out there and I am not even sure those two have better squads.

7. Jiri Havran

Jiri Havran Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Oslo
    Club:
    Shanxi Baorong
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Maybe it’s too early to say, but Hoffenheim has done it again, found a great trainer from lower divisions or junior teams. The way they played Bayern yesterday was really nice to watch, all the chances created by moving the ball forward fast. Hope that the leadership had the possibility in mind that Enrico Maassen might replace Favre soon. I’m also convinced that almost all BL coaches are better than LF, even the newly fired Wagner

8. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #233 Alex C, Sep 28, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
    Yes but under Favre the mentality will always be such so that Dortmund will go into games against these teams with an underdog mentality/inferiority complex and almost certainly lose.

Re Hoffenheim/Sebastian Hoeneß, I've thought for a while now that this type of up and coming, ambitious, forward thinking coach would be a good alternative if the board doesn't want/can't afford a high profile replacement for Favre.

At this point I would rather they take that calculated risk then stick with the boring inevitabality about another season of under performing under Favre's negative tactics.

9. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Thats why I would like to see Jesse Marsch. I like his style

10. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    I go to the point that i want us to lose every game until Favre is gone.
    For every bad, there is a good..

BVBFNM repped this.
  11. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    with the draw today, I hope we get an easy one, Favre doesnt get out of the group with a loss to someone like Krasnador, or Olympiakos or something. Then he gets fired and we get a real manager...

I mean honestly I have never in my life been less excited about a CL draw than today.

12. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Our group is so easy, I'm starting to worry about it haha

13. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    For once we get drawn into a relatively easy group. Dortmund are definitely the favorites and realistically sbould not be dropping any points against any of the teams...which worries me.

14. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    I would bet my life we still play slow conservative football

15. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    We better not. The match against Bayern is how we need to play every game. I understand brining in Delaney, for tough games, but for every other game it should be Sancho and it should be played at that intensity.

16. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Nice to see we have an easy group. We need to dominate that group, win the group early and then rest players for the Bundesliga and later in the season.

17. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    astrophyz repped this.
  18. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Well if Bayern's true weakness had been squad depth then they rectified that today.

With Douglas Costa, Marc Roca, and Choupo-Moting they've signed three impactful players plus Sarr from OM for RB depth.

19. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It’s like we didn’t win the treble and we are rebuilding.....WTF?!

20. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Watched England vs Belgium. Meunier wasn't great, but Witsel was awful. Meunier played wing back, but he is not great going on the outside. I think he will compete with Moreh

As for Witsel we just need to sell him.He just offers nothing. Doesn't work defensively. Doesn't pass the ball forward, doesnt make space for a pass. Genuinely the worst player on the pitch.

21. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I thought both Witsel and Meunier were poor tbh, a bit worrying to see both struggling for form. Meunier gave away a needless pen as well, agree he is not at his best as a wing back.

Belgium may be ranked #1 but they are not at that level imo.

22. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    They were missing both Hazards, but they are not the best team in the world.

It's still France and Portugal, who happen to be the last two teams to win a trophies

As for us you are right about the performances of Meunier looking at it. I wouldn't be angry if they both played on Tuesday and so did not play this weekend.

23. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hava repped this.
  24. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund