Other -Portugal is under Fire, just today 31

Discussion in 'Portugal: NSR' started by Frank Cunha, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    its getting worse at the moment 11 Districts and 31 fires at the moment, local fire dept. just can't relax, the worse his Pombal

2. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    fire dept complaining why the military forces were not call of this moment, they blaming the government of the PS

3. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    3 houses already burn out, and Agueda is also Under fire

4. Nelso

Nelso New Member

Jun 14, 2005
    Avanca, Portugal
    I went to Vouzela to see "XUTOS E PONTAPÈS", and I've get amd because I could see 3 fires by the IP-5: Águeda,a t 4 am, and Vale de Cambra and Arouca all night. It is good to see XUTOS Anywere, but having a fire cenário back us (Very far, but visible at all night) it is a not good thing to join music.

:(

The problem is that all the years it is all the same sh***t, God Damn! :mad:

5. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    they had a picture of Portugal in Todays montreal Gazette. It was a color picture that took up half the page, Fire everywhere, with one women throwing water onto the fire, while another man is running away apparently getting more water. They both had buckets in thier hands....

6. LuisCamoes

LuisCamoes Red Card

Jul 25, 2004
    Boston USA
    has this been going on for centuries because every time I turn on rtpi during a summer I see a fire.

7. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I think its been getting worse the past 10 years....and the thing is the country already has a shortage of water....in the Algarve they close the water after 9.

8. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    its time for the armed forces to get involve in this kind of crisis, just like we do with our national guard

9. Resendes

Resendes New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    Fires are a problem for Canada too and there's no easy solution so people should not be so quick to blame the government.
    Fires will happen no matter how many people are available because they spread so fast and get so hot its dangerous just to be near them. :(

10. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Canada has plenty of water to go around though, this is not the case for Portugal. I think my cousins have more water in their swimming pool then Portugal

11. Resendes

Resendes New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    Portugal is by the ocean. LOL
    What do you think canada has fire hydrants in the forests :D
    You still don't understand it doesn't matter how much water you have when the fires start run!

12. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    One of the biggest issues is lack of fire prevention education. Add to that the lack of proper fire fighting equipment, dry summers, lack of water...

13. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Most of the fires aren't set by accident though, but by pyros.

14. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Portugal is right beside the ocean yes. But its salt water. And Portugal doesnt want to invest the money they have in equipment which would transform salt water to drinkable water...Thats why when it doesnt rain for months, the reserves dont get filled up and in turn they end up with a water shortage...

15. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal