Other MLS games and Teams/Players [R]

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by UcIceD2011, Jul 22, 2012.

1. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rimando was amazing all game and then jumps right into Kandji way deep into stoppage time to cost RSL a point...

But now we have our opening to at least get 3rd in the West. 3 points back with a game in hand and a home-game left against them -- and we probably have the first tie-breaker as well...

2. Kilgore

Kilgore Member

Sep 18, 2007
    They look like they are the team on the way down. I'd rather have Seattle finish below us in 4th, because I like them even less than RSL, and we would have a decent chance to not have to play on their plastic crappy embarrassment of a pitch.

3. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's overtake them next week! Yee haw!

4. Revived fan

Revived fan Member

May 9, 2010
    Sunny So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Darn it, Goats could not hold on to a tie.
    It should not matter much, but I will root for any team that play against RSL, Seattle, or Vancouver until the playoff.

Berks repped this.
  5. generaladmissision18

Jul 29, 2011
    Highland park, ca
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course chivas was incapable of holding a lead.

6. Revived fan

Revived fan Member

May 9, 2010
    Sunny So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the last goal, Joseph didn't look like he was aggressive enough to even block the cross that led to Johnson scoring. One minute left in regulation and if you care to save one point, you got to do more than that. May be Goats just gave up on playoff hope.

generaladmissision18 repped this.
  7. Kilgore

Kilgore Member

Sep 18, 2007
    This is the worst part of not controlling our own destiny; I have to root for Chivas. And their suckage wasted almost two hours of my life. And I'm going to do it again in 3 weeks.

WarGalaxy and generaladmissision18 repped this.
  8. esco300

esco300 Member+

May 8, 2011
    Seattle
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i dont know how Chivas can be so Trash , i know they dont belong in this League but can they atleast play or win a game like it..SMH!

9. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's unfortunate too is that I think Robin Fraser is actually a decent coach. His tools are blunt. There's no other way to say it.

10. FlapJack

FlapJack Member+

Mar 3, 2006
    Los Angeles
    But it pains me to have Fraser coaching Chivas. I'd rather have him come join the Galaxy "stable of coaches". We already have Sacharin, Onalfo. Let's add another ex-head coach. There's no salary cap on coaches salaries, right?

And, I wouldn't say the Galaxy don't control their own destiny. Sure, we've blown the supporter's shield, but if we win out, we are guaranteed to make the playoffs and win the MLS cup.

TrickHog repped this.
  11. Kilgore

Kilgore Member

Sep 18, 2007
    This is true, but I really don't want to finish in 4th and have an extra game, which could still happen even if we win everything through the end of the season. Though if we had to pick a season to not finish first in the West, this would be it since finishing 1st doesn't have any real advantage over 2nd or 3rd until MLS Cup.

Berks repped this.
  12. WarGalaxy

WarGalaxy Member+

May 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually we have a match against RSL still and a game in-hand as well, and we're only points behind them for the 3rd spot. So if we win out the rest of our MLS games we'll be at least 3 points clear of RSL.

I Think we'll finish 3rd in the west and Seattle 2nd. Which means we'll demoralize Seattle in the first playoff game at the HDC, then we'll give them the death blow in Seattle in front of their silent and wide eyed fans.

Kilgore repped this.
  13. Kilgore

Kilgore Member

Sep 18, 2007
    I didn't account for the game in hand. Sometimes I really like being wrong.

I think your assessment of how things will work out is correct as well.

ragbone repped this.
  14. WarGalaxy

WarGalaxy Member+

May 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Smurfs won the weighted lottery for former Hermann Trophy winner Marcus Tracy. He's a striker, who was playing in the Danish Superliga for last 4 years after playing collage ball at Wake Forest.

I don't know too much about him except he's only played in 15 games in 3 1/2 seasons in Denmark because of reacquiring knee tendoniti.

www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2012/09/13/league-leading-quakes-win-lottery-forward-marcus-tracy

The Galaxy didn't enter the lottery draft, even though this'll probably be the last weighted lottery this season. However, once a team wins a weighted lottery they can't enter another one for a full calender year.

I'm glad in a way that the Galaxy didn't enter this lottery. I would rather the Galaxy try to sign Gyasi Zardes at forward, then go for this kid who can't seem to stay healthy.

15. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Once again MLS shows it blatant favoritism towards San Jose. It really is disgusting, isn't it?

First they force AEG to save the franchise from folding up in 2000. Then they gift Landon Donovan to them in '01 and then change playoff rules so SJ can win 2 MLS cups. And then the tiebreaker rule change half-way through this season that obviously helps them in the SS in case of a tie-breaker with the much lower-scoring teams from the East. And NOW they win a weighted lottery with only a 4.5% chance?

I tell you, this league makes me sick with how they've tilted the deck in San Jose's favor....

profiled, Berks, ragbone and 8 others repped this.
  16. 100fyers

100fyers Member+

Aug 30, 2010
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why the hell do these guys come thru that door anyways? Why not come in like CW#9 a free agent and choose were you want to go? All this lottery and re-entry draft BS is stoopid for real football anyways. Please explain it to me TH?:thumbsup:

17. Kilgore

Kilgore Member

Sep 18, 2007
    Because they would all want to come to Los Angeles, and then the world would be subjected to countless whiney rants, as lampooned by Trick Hog above.

18. WarGalaxy

WarGalaxy Member+

May 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's because he was drafted by Houston and offered a MLS contract. But he turned it down to play in Denmark. Houston only held his signing rights for two years.

Non-USMNT players that have never had connection to the MLS can sign with whoever. But if you have played in the MLS, or drafted by a MLS team and offered a contract, but now you want to come back and play in the MLS you get put into a weighted lottery.

OR if you've capped with the USMNT and have played out-side of the MLS but want to come and play in the MLS, or you have played in the MLS and capped with the USMNT and a team doesn't own your signing rights you get put into the allocation order not a lottery.

I think I just confused you even more.

19. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    *Starts slow clap*

That gave me a good chuckle trick.

I have to agree with WarGalaxy. Tracy sounds like he's talented but very injury prone. I would much rather tap into all the talent the team has in its academy -- Mendiola, Sorto, Gyasi etc. As I said, Mendiola would be a huge addition. At this point, I'd love to see us begin to build for the future.

20. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    If my memory serves me in college Tracy was very athletic and somewhat talented but also was known for his inconsistent effort.

21. Kilgore

Kilgore Member

Sep 18, 2007
    It is so late in the season, and we have so little cap space (I think) that I can't imagine we have much interest in any upcoming lotteries. It would have been fun to enter, just on the chance we could win and piss off the rest of the league at how it was rigged. Then we could have traded him to an Eastern Conference team for a draft pick.

22. 100fyers

100fyers Member+

Aug 30, 2010
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks and no I get it, It's bull crap but I get it. What confuses me more is how the New Orleans hornets got the No.1 draft pick over god awful Charlotte Bobcats? MLS needs to at the very least follow world football in the developement of young talent. And if they are to continue this charade at least give it a 4 year limit after which any player who is drafted and decides to go another route then comeback is a free agent. The way it is now there is no incentive for the small fries to make any significant progress to better their product.

23. esco300

esco300 Member+

May 8, 2011
    Seattle
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

a black chad barrett?

24. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks Portland! Guess what folks - assuming Seattle wins their game in hand? We're 5 points out.

25. esco300

esco300 Member+

May 8, 2011
    Seattle
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Again chivas get beaten got damn it u bums!!!