Other MLS games and Teams/Players [R]

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by UcIceD2011, Jul 22, 2012.

1. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup. Everyone knows Miami is in a pickle and so is playing hardball on the deals.

ProudNatRN, 73Bruin and skydog repped this.
  2. Dawdler

Dawdler Member+

Apr 2, 2005
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    according to my googlefu

100K in 2024, 100K in 2025 and an additional 50K in 2025 based on performance goals.

so a nice piece of business for the Galaxy

on the Miami side I now wonder what old guy from Barca they are going to bring in to replace Yedlin

ProudNatRN repped this.
  3. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

Dawdler repped this.
  4. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    Maybe the San Jose rumors were leaked to rattle LAFC and it worked.

Dawdler repped this.
  5. Dawdler

Dawdler Member+

Apr 2, 2005
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this clown wants his cake and he wants to eat it too, its obvious he is in the stage of his life where he doesn't want to hassle with having to work hard on another team and uproot his life from cushy LA.

He also wants to squeeze as much money as possible out of his last contract, which he probably won't live up to on the pitch, I have a feeling if LAFC has a rough start they will cave and he'll comeback to be a shell of his former self.

I'm so glad Kuntz saw through the BS and cut off the rumors quick, I believe if klein was still here, he would have signed him as a big-name DP to replace costa.

so glad that era is over

FlapJack, ProudNatRN, JPAR and 5 others repped this.
  6. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Galaxy
    United States
    Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    The reports earlier were that Miami needed to shed salary to be roster compliant. I am guessing that MLS rules allowed them to prorate his salary for some number of games and stay compliant. Therefore, dumping his salary would be more important than getting fair value for his playing ability.

7. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    After further research, this seems to be the big reason for the trade. Yedlin was apparently making 683K in salary, which means he was bought down to non-DP level. So, the trade got Miami some GAM, but, more importantly, his salary number plus the GAM/TAM that was used to buy him down. It was basically a salary dump. In fact, my guess is that the oddly precise amount of GAM they received ($172,799) was exactly what they needed after taking off his salary (minus a couple of games).

ProudNatRN, Geneva, JPAR and 4 others repped this.
  8. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup. Cincinnati probably gave them exactly what they needed for the deal and not a penny more.

ProudNatRN, JPAR, 73Bruin and 1 other person repped this.
  9. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    For the inquisitive esoterics the CCC continues this week with round of 16 first leg matches:

Tuesday:
    Philadelphia vs Pachuca
    Orlando City vs Tigres
    The heroic Herediano vs Robin Hood (Bermuda) and their band of merry men!

Wednesday:
    New England vs Alajuelense
    Houston Dynamo vs Columbus Crew
    Chivas vs America

Thursday:
    Cincinnati vs Monterey
    Nashville vs Inter Miami

I want to think the Orlando's horrible game came from underestimating Miami and halfassing it because of the Tigres match this week. Similarly I think Nashville can do the upset with Miami's guys being maybe a bit tuckered out. They have run them into he ground. We'll soon see. :geek:

Berks, Dawdler, TrickHog and 1 other person repped this.
  10. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    The rumors are that Miami doesn't plan to play any of the Messi & Friends guys in the game against Nashville, or at least won't start any of them.

11. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    So that is interesting. It makes sense, they old guys have another match on Sunday against Montreal I believe so they can stay in their cryocript until then. We have Nashville next weekend so it would be nice if Nash runs their horses at full gallop.

12. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    CCC results:

Herediano 2 - Robin Hood 0
    Philly 0 - Pachuca 0
    Orlando 0 - Tigres 0

Now it's back to Mexico for the MLS teams and Sherwood Forest for Herediano for the second leg.

natfaninla, Dawdler and TrickHog repped this.
  13. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How does CCC treat away goals?

TrickHog repped this.
  14. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    Note to Vanney: Don't complain about the weather

ProudNatRN, Dawdler, TrickHog and 2 others repped this.
  15. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    Away goals are in effect for CCC if tied in aggregate after home and away matches.

The Cadaver, Dawdler and TrickHog repped this.
  16. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    So no politics, no religion and no weather comments. :rolleyes:

Hey, Women's Gold Cup semis action today. They will be battles!:

Mexico vs Brazil

USA vs Canada

Geneva, Dawdler, TrickHog and 2 others repped this.
  17. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I wonder if Óscar Pareja would have been fined after getting trounce by Miami if he had said, " Yeah, that was a Messi game. They really took a bite out of us..."

FlapJack, skydog, El Futbolisimo and 3 others repped this.
  18. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    CCC results:

New England beat Alajuelense 4-0
    Houston loses to Columbus 1-0
    Chivas gets skinned alive at home by America 3-0

MPNumber9, galvanator, Dawdler and 2 others repped this.
  19. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Miami looked real dirty on some of the replays I’ve seen. Makes me wish Danny Peña was still around.

cleschke, natfaninla, TrickHog and 2 others repped this.
  20. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How can anyone root for them?

21. Dawdler

Dawdler Member+

Apr 2, 2005
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm so glad the Galaxy played these clowns early on and don't have to deal with this circus the rest of the season.

MPNumber9, TrickHog and El Futbolisimo repped this.
  22. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    CCC results:

Cincy at home loses to Monterey by the minimum 1-0 diff.

Nashville ties to Miami's Old Boys 2-2.

Cincy will have dig deep to try and beat Rayados at the Steel Giant. A tall order to be sure.

Now Nashville.... what the hell got into Nashville!? What the hell got into Shaffelberg? I would say that going into Miami they have little chance but man, if they play like that again they might just eliminate Miami.

Miami has to travel to Montreal and that team has a good start to their season and Montreal is also where Joseph Martinez ended up. I am sure he will want to have a frank discussion on the field with Miami's defense.

Hell of a match.

73Bruin, Geneva, TrickHog and 1 other person repped this.
  23. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    There is a dynamic that may just mean I need to up the meds but, teams either step up to play Inter Miami like we did, like sure as hell Nashville did or they break down like Pareja's team did. Just a working theory. It needs more data.

natfaninla, TrickHog and Dawdler repped this.
  24. Dawdler

Dawdler Member+

Apr 2, 2005
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you may need to up your meds :)

My line of thinking was all the other stuff besides the tactics, the constant Messi questions, all the fanboys and the circus that comes with them and the dirty play, which is all a distraction for a team.

by the Galaxy getting this game out of the way they can concentrate on the season and not have to interrupt their progress and goals by changing their mindset to accommodate what comes with Messi and Miami.

25. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I was very impressed with Nashville. Very quick & skilled all over the field and outplayed Miami for most of the game. They would have been up 3-1 except their finisher was about 6” offside. They will be exhausted though.

Turning to the game -- as usual the Barca players came through in stoppage time to tie up the game, this time on a Suarez header.

Btw that Messi fellow is one tough cookie. He took a brutal lunge to his shin that bent his knees in ways you dont want to see. He was pouding the ground in pain and stress after it happened. I was 90% sure he tore his ACL. He finally got up on his own volition after about 5 minutes, returned to the field and soon was sprinting like a waterbug. Tough ligaments that guy!