PBP: Other Leagues/Tournaments Catch-All Thread

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by Chesco United, Jan 9, 2022.

1. TheJoeGreene

TheJoeGreene Member+

Aug 19, 2012
    The Lubbock Texas
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    30 minutes from Everton vs Chelsea on USA and Dortmund vs Leverkusen on ESPN+.

2. TheJoeGreene

TheJoeGreene Member+

Aug 19, 2012
    The Lubbock Texas
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Reus with a tap on goal in the 10th minute for Dortmund off a ridiculous turnover and literal sitter on the goal line.

3. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member+

Colorado Rapids
    Sep 2, 2005
    Colorado, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    My streaming service now is FUBO, which incidentally get BIEN sports (I also get ESPN+ obviously for MLS); I'm watching French Ligue 1 for the first time. What a crowd at Strasbourg, good game too (I watched the last 20 minutes), unfortunately they a tying goal called back by VAR and lost 2-1 to Monaco.

SetPeace repped this.
  4. TheJoeGreene

TheJoeGreene Member+

Aug 19, 2012
    The Lubbock Texas
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Adeyemi already off with an injury for Dortmund. They brought him and Haller in to battle with Moukoko to be the replace for Haaland, and now they're down to just Moukoko for the moment.

Didn't realize this game was on ABC until about 10 minutes in since ESPN didn't bother to list that ahead of time.

5. TheJoeGreene

TheJoeGreene Member+

Aug 19, 2012
    The Lubbock Texas
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I can't imagine a version of the Chelsea jersey that isn't going to look terrible with that goofy looking 3 as the sponsor logo.

sitruc repped this.
  6. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    Ref is finally handing at yellows. WAY too late, and the foul on Adeyemi coulda/shoulda been a red.

TheJoeGreene repped this.
  7. TheJoeGreene

TheJoeGreene Member+

Aug 19, 2012
    The Lubbock Texas
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Leverkusen keeps putting the ball in the net and it keeps not counting.

Dele Alli should have at least put a chance on net against Chelsea, but Everton at least doesn't look as hapless as they did at times last season.

8. TheJoeGreene

TheJoeGreene Member+

Aug 19, 2012
    The Lubbock Texas
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    An impressively dumb play by Hradecky, the Leverkusen goalie, who reached out of the box and grabbed a ball which led to VAR giving him a red in stoppage time. No subs left so a field player is putting on the goalie jersey and gloves for a free kick from a foot outside the box.

Dortmund puts the free kick about 5 feet over the goal.

9. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I missed that he is using different names for different audiences and kept getting thrown off.

10. TheJoeGreene

TheJoeGreene Member+

Aug 19, 2012
    The Lubbock Texas
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I only knew it because I looked at The Athletic since I've got it for $1/mo for a while and the writer mentioned that in the preview article for the season.

11. TheJoeGreene

TheJoeGreene Member+

Aug 19, 2012
    The Lubbock Texas
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    ManU is losing 2-0 at home in their season opener vs Brighton

12. TheJoeGreene

TheJoeGreene Member+

Aug 19, 2012
    The Lubbock Texas
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The ManUre chronicles continue as Brighton holds on for the 2-1 win on opening day.

SetPeace repped this.
  13. TheJoeGreene

TheJoeGreene Member+

Aug 19, 2012
    The Lubbock Texas
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #1713 TheJoeGreene, Aug 7, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2022
    Schalke with a 10th minute goal off a set piece to go up 1-0 at Koln in their first match back in the Bundesliga.

Apparently it got called back while I was doing something else. Still 0-0 but Schalke does seem to be controlling most of the play.

14. TheJoeGreene

TheJoeGreene Member+

Aug 19, 2012
    The Lubbock Texas
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Schalke with a late red in the first half and Koln scores early in the second half for the 1-0 lead.

15. SetPeace

SetPeace Member+

Jun 22, 2004
    SC Illinois
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man City up on West Ham, 2-0 in the 84th. Announcer said the crowd in London was 62,500--the biggest home crowd for West Ham in its history. The club have 55,000 season tickets sold for 2022-23!

16. TheJoeGreene

TheJoeGreene Member+

Aug 19, 2012
    The Lubbock Texas
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    IndyCar in Nashville is finally going after a lengthy rain delay and San Diego v Kansas City NWSL action is on Paramount+.

17. TheJoeGreene

TheJoeGreene Member+

Aug 19, 2012
    The Lubbock Texas
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    IndyCar got bumped to CNBC at 6 ET despite the race still going. What a dumpster fire of a day for them.

18. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    That's a good way of describing NBC Sports in general. I still can't believe how horribly they have fumbled their live sports content. Peacock is still a disaster. NBC Sports Network was shut down at the end of 2021. Their Olympic Channel is shutting down next month. How the ******** has CNBC become their premium sports network while usa is another station that nobody knows to look for sports on? There are more sports on CNBC and USA than NBC. It does not make sense. Meanwhile, NBC does a horrible job of promoting content since so much of it is on peacock and requires a subscription. I'm not sure they even know they have Telemundo and I'm pretty sure they forgot about mun2 nbc universo at least 3 years ago. I'm not sure NBC or Telemundo remember they have the Spanish language rights for the World Cup in the US. If anything, they're more worried about launching subchannels on peacock that nobody will be able to find. I think NBC has forgotten how successful simulcasting was for their properties four years ago.

19. TheJoeGreene

TheJoeGreene Member+

Aug 19, 2012
    The Lubbock Texas
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    They also put the rest of the race on Peacock, but by that point I just didn't care anymore. The Nashville street course is the worst thing on the Indy schedule and something like 13 cars finished today.

I'd love to see CBS get back in the racing game and snag Indy away from NBC, but apparently their golf contracts don't leave enough open space on the schedule. They do a great job with the SRX short season.

20. TheJoeGreene

TheJoeGreene Member+

Aug 19, 2012
    The Lubbock Texas
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Houston Dash get their first ever win at OL Reign. Juan Carlos Amoros is 3-0 as coach since taking over after his Visa approval on 7/12. New acquisition Ebony Salmon had a brace, giving her 6 goals in her first 5 games.

21. TheJoeGreene

TheJoeGreene Member+

Aug 19, 2012
    The Lubbock Texas
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Angel City with the inexplicable backpass turns the ball over and Orlando tie them up 1-1 with about 25 minutes left.

22. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    I actually watched the whole race on Peacock since I’m stuck in a room with one tv and my laptop (well and my iPad).

And the EPL junk today did mention they have the Espanish WC rights.

There’s also a Microsoft desktop app for NBC sports that was slightly better then their website, but doesn’t carry EPL.

I’m not paying for Peacock, getting it included with my pipe. Just as I never paid for NBC Gold. Turns out watching games in Spanish or waiting out shit streamers (Turner/CBS) to put the games on cable is just fine. I’ve got an entire DVR full of TV show to catch up on (currently Penn & Teller: Fool Us).

I miss the days of finding some random channel carrying games like Eleven sports (Next Level Sports now?).

I do like that FOX (or someone) is finally doing English LMX games.

Thx,

Jay!

23. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Don't get me started on Paramount and all the mess of focus on former Viacom properties versus CBS. There's no chance that they know they have CBS Sports Network. Half-related, how is the monthly and yearly cost for BET+ more than Paramount+? Why hasn't that been absorbed into Paramount+? Nobody likes Tyler Perry enough to pay for any of that. It's not like he has writers to pay.

I didn't realize some LigaMX rights in the US are still determined by team.

24. TheJoeGreene

TheJoeGreene Member+

Aug 19, 2012
    The Lubbock Texas
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Other than the CBS streaming service (Paramount+ is great) I agree on all fronts. The only reason I have HBO Max, at least as long as it's still around, is it's free with my internet.

I watch a lot of OTA these days and just noticed that there's a Bein channel that's now OTA in Lubbock. This is a metro of 325k that's over 100 miles from any city of 100k+ that lives and dies on high school football and Texas Tech sports. I would have bet on a million other things before Bein showing up as channel 29.6 which is part of the group that Estrella, Azteca America, getTV, and twist. I've already watched a couple of Copa Libertadores matches on it. Right now it's got a series of Beskitas games being shown as 30 minute condensed episodes.

I don't have a DVR full of stuff, but I do have a spreadsheet of what to watch on the various streaming services where I'm finding that most of what I like is on Apple+, Paramount+, or Disney+/Hulu. I think the only scripted shows currently on network/cable that I watch are Better Call Saul and Yellowstone.

25. TheJoeGreene

TheJoeGreene Member+

Aug 19, 2012
    The Lubbock Texas
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I feel like CBS Sports Network is the only missing element on Paramount+. I've actually gone to the live tv section of the app and started watching one of the TV or movie channels there a few times. Nothing like a random Star Trek: Enterprise or Family Ties marathon to pass the time.

The worst of the streaming groups is AMC by a mile. AMC+, IFC Films Unlimited, Sundance Now, Allblk, We TV+, Acorn TV, and Shudder are all separate services and I don't think they have a bundle option.

sitruc repped this.