Other ES football news, and youth players abroad

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by BKR inC, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  2. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Cheers for this. Enjoyed their backstories and it’s all up to date. Very entertaining watch.

I am so sick of SelectaTalent’s videos recycling the same “5 promising players” and it’s always Junior Flores, Gian Tapia (both whom I’m sure don’t take football seriously anymore) and some late 20’s amateur Aussies who won’t make it pro. Not to mention Josh Perez’s “highlights” are all from his Fiorentina junior days and nothing since as a senior pro footballer :rolleyes:

Willsant87 and Futbol E.S. Por Vida repped this.
  3. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Oh yeah check out that person's youtube page. It seems as if that person is a huge fan of Central American futbol. Some good scouting information in that region. Yeah I got tired of SelectaTalent on social media all he does is repost the same old information from about 2 or more years ago.

La Trucha repped this.
  4. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I really enjoyed the ST interview with Enrico Hernandez a while back. That was refreshing of him to do.

Hugo should do more interviews like that with players and provide up-to-date highlights, instead of the same old reposts IMO.

Flores’ stint with USA U-17’s and Perez’ time at Fiorentina are both ancient history. I can understand it’s hard for him to find talents like Enrico Hernandez and Marvin Baumgartner but still.

5. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

What ever happened to Baumgartner? Perez has a lot of competition at LA FC with the little play time he has with the club. Perez is a good potential for the national team. The way Junior Flores worded El Salvador's futbol and rejected the national team a few times kinda ruined his image to give the Salvadoran club level a chance if he has no luck finding a club in the states. He should have humbly rejected and said maybe there's a possible chance in the future. What he said is the truth about El Salvador's futbol but he did throw some not so good ego in there. Which is what could happen playing at European level at his age. I wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to be a burn out player if he doesn't find playing time once the US leagues are back playing again. Enrico would be a good option for the youth teams and not the senior team. That way he doesn't burn out quick and his development between both youth club and youth national team doesn't get ruined. If I'm understanding correctly the federation wants him to pay for his own flight since he's too much of a risk to call if he's only called for matches that are crucial for the national team. Also his passport status isn't up to date. Seems like the federation is just full of excuses. Instead of helping him out and giving themselves a good impression showing their interest in him and appreciating him. They choose to make things difficult for him.

I'm also seeing Brayan Gil is hinting to come back to El Salvador to play with CD FAS. Hopefully his scout can some how extend his loan over with KAA Gent for the experience. The whole virus cut down his loan time over there. Hopefully get bought out by them or another club over in Europe or Asia. I wouldn't be surprise if he's getting homesick. Seems to happen to players that play in Salvadoran leagues since futbol discipline and responsibilities isn't taken which much importance over there.

6. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    He's probably distantly related to Guatemalan president Alejandro Giammattei.

The president's grandfather is originally Salvadorian of Italian descent, the president also has Italian nationality.

It's very easy to claim Italian citizenship, you just have to prove you have an Italian ancestor. For example Spanish nationality doesn't even accept great grandparents, they're more strict.

Germán Giammattei can easily play in Europe without being great if he gets his Italian passport.

Futbol E.S. Por Vida and La Trucha repped this.
  7. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Would be interesting if he actually was related to the Guatemalan president. If he does get his Italian passport then I guess he’d be like Stefano Cincotta if he doesn’t turn out great.

edcalvi repped this.
  8. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I think after Baumgartner didn’t cut it in his first season as a pro (Real Monarchs of USL), he decided to give up his football career. I have no idea what he’s doing nowadays.

It’s sad that Flores never materialised into anything. I think a combination of injuries and staying put at BVB II where he had little chance of making it to the senior side hindered his career.

Not too late for Perez, Zavaleta, Roldan and Moreno to join ES but they unfortunately just aren’t interested.

9. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Cincotta was a bust.

I don't know much about Germán Giammattei but when I said "not so great" I meant at least Spanish 2nd division or 1st division of a smaller nation, which is still decent.

10. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

Good find :thumbsup:

edcalvi and La Trucha repped this.
  11. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Baumgartner should have tried the Salvadoran league before heading back.

Flores did have multiple injuries. I don't see him being a MLS starter at the moment. Probably 2nd division Portugal or Spain, Sweden, Denmark, or maybe Belgium if he was in form.

Those players would probably be worth the call up for some friendlies. Perez I feel like needs more playing time. It sucks the older brother of the Roldan brothers would have been a better option as a Cheyo replacement. He might be better than Cheyo in his prime. Roldan could change from a playmaker to a CM or left wing. Kevin Santamaria could be our CAM and winger but he's no playmaker. He lacks the strength Cheyo had and creative passes he had. Kevin good as a pure offense CAM when he's in form as a counter attacker. Moreno might be a good sub option to add in depth for the team. Did Zavaleta ever fixed his passport or VISA issue he had previously?

12. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  13. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  15. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Well this didn’t last long. Joshua Perez is once again moved on. This time to Spanish third-division club UD Ibiza.

PS. @BKR inC @Willsant87 I saw “sky blue” in the tweet and thought of Sydney FC :ROFLMAO:

16. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Hopefully he takes his time with the club serious lol. :laugh:

17. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  18. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    These videos only made me realise I can’t keep up with Salvadoran expats anymore.

Aside from Enrico and a couple others, I don’t really see the next Arturo Alvarez or Pablo Punyed in this batch tbh. Happy to be proven wrong though.

19. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    What's lacking is them being athletically built for professional futbol. They'd get knocked off the ball easily, it's easily seen how much strength and effort in the amount of power on kicked on the ball when passing or shooting. Which Alvarez and Punyed had/have.

It's too early to say anything about Gilbert Fuentes. At least they have him loan playing in 2nd division for his age and development. Now Marcus Velado-Tsegaye probably should get a call up for training and some friendly matches. Marcus looks like he could play for a club at a slightly more competitive league. Calling up Christian Martinez and Eriq Zavaleta for training and friendlies might help too. If he ends up playing well it might help getting more appearances on the club side too. Similar how Purdy was picking up more minutes with his club after performing well with the national team. Cristian Roldan was a big loss, I think the national team could have had him earlier when he still had interest and wasn't called up to the U.S. senior team.

20. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I think Fuentes and Cristian Roldan were always set on USMNT rather than Selecta. Cristian’s younger brother Alex might have a change of heart though.

As for Marcus Velado-Tsegaye and Jose Hernandez, how good is the Canadian Premier League? Especially in comparison to USL or the Salvadoran league?

21. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    September 26 2020 update. Might be missing a few people:

AFC
    Taiwan

Douglas Alfaro - Taipei Red Lions
    Diego Loza - Taipei Red Lions

CONCACAF
    Canada

Jose Hernandez - Cavalry FC
    Marcus Velado-Tsegaye - FC Edmonton

Costa Rica
    Christian Martinez - AD San Carlos

USA (MLS)
    Erick Calvillo - San Jose Earthquakes
    Eriq Zavaleta - Toronto FC

USA (USL)
    Carlos Cuellar - Fort Lauderdale CF
    Gilbert Fuentes - Reno 1868
    Jeremy Garay - Loudoun United
    Amando Moreno - New Mexico United
    Alex Roldan - Tacoma Defiance
    Allexon Saravia - Loudoun United
    Christian Sorto - Loudoun United
    Marlon Vargas - Tacoma Defiance

USA (semi-pro)
    Adonis Amaya - San Diego 1904 (NISA)
    Nelson Blanco - Oakland Roots (NISA)
    Óscar Sorto - Cal FC (UPSL)

USA (college football)
    Tomas Romero - Georgetown University
    Jorey García - Hofstra University

UEFA
    Enrico Hernández - Vitesse U-21 (Netherlands 1st division)
    Marco Mancia - CD Ibarsusi (Spain 8th division)
    Marlon Menjivar - CD Roda B (Spain 4th division)
    Leon Navarrete - AFC Eskilstuna (Sweden 2nd division)
    Liam Navarrete - AFC Eskilstuna (Sweden 2nd division)
    Joshua Perez - UD Ibiza (Spain 3rd division)
    Gerson Reyes - UE Sant Andreu (Spain 4th division)
    Adonay Sierra - AD Alcorcon U-19 (Spain 2nd division)

22. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Hard to say since this club separated from the NASL not too long ago.

23. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    La Trucha repped this.
  24. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  25. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    If he makes it then yes I believe so. Now I wonder if he’s in the Feds radar.