OT: Vent about the SEPTA strike here...

Discussion in 'Philadelphia OT' started by Charge!, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    Eff you, TWU 234. Eff you all to the ninth circle of hell. You want free health care, move to effing Canada. How many contract negotiations does this make where a contract negotiation resulted in a strike due to TWU arrogance? 8 out of the last 10? More than that? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. mdelrossi1

mdelrossi1 Member

Jul 29, 2005
    Center City Philly
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wish I still lived/worked in Philly...only because of the wonderful charming people who work SEPTA...so lovable and friendly...the reasonable prices help matters too...oh and Ill never forget how that bus driver jokingly tried to run over a friend of mine, we all had a good laugh at that....I wonder why more people arent on their side???

ps...*sarcasm*

3. DaMunk

DaMunk Member

Feb 7, 2003
    Philadelphia/STX
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    US Virgin Islands
    Well, if you lived and worked in the city, the strike would be a non issue, wouldn't it?
    [​IMG]

Seriously though, the problem with SEPTA is it is top heavy. The can't seem to manage for shite, mianly because ther are too many cooks in the kitchen. Why are there as many board members from Checo, Delco, Montco and Buck as there are from Philadelphia? It's called graft and that is what's f'ing hte whole system up.

Instead of complaining about the workers who are merely symptoms of the bigger problem, attack the corruption and inefficiencies at the top and the rest will sort itself out.

4. Looper121

Looper121 Member

United States
    Jun 19, 2003
    Sec 104
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A complete restructure is in order. Beginning at the top. Maybe the strike will be the grease that the squeaky wheel needs.

5. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love the pun! :cool:

6. mdelrossi1

mdelrossi1 Member

Jul 29, 2005
    Center City Philly
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Id would probably still have to take public if I lived in the city limits. When I was at Drexel I had to take the EL to go to work every morning, which was a real pain in the ass sometime. I agree with you about the "too many cooks in the kitchen", but I also think alot of these problems are not just SEPTA's alone but city-wide. Most facets of the government frustrate me to no end on a lot of issues.

oh, and I didnt mean to attack the workers I was just venting about horrendous past experiences Ive had with public transportation in the city.

7. Looper121

Looper121 Member

United States
    Jun 19, 2003
    Sec 104
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good one eh? it was, I have to admit unintentional...

8. GutBomb

GutBomb Red Card

Aug 28, 2003
    Outside Boston
    october 30th i arrive in town to start my first day at my new job at Merck in lansdale. first thing i do is turn on the tv and i hear septa is going on strike. WTF? how the hell am i gonna get to work in 10 HOURS???

i ended up having to take a cab from my hotel to my new job. $50 total for the trip there and back. my hotel was in plymouth meeting, and the traffic on the way back there was horrendous.

i found a place to live on roommates.com thats near the r5 line so now i'm living there and can take the r5 directly to work so the bus strike is not affecting me any longer, but damn... what timing eh?

9. dcajedi

dcajedi Member

Jul 16, 2001
    Philadelphia
    if my memory serves me directly the above is posted by someone who does live in the city and not near regional rail.

i'm lucky b/c i can bike or take LUCY to university city or 30th street but it still pisses me off because it costs a lot more than the subway. and no one without a car can get to the sports complex.

i'm starting to think that septa, like the police and fire, is essential to the city's residents and thus ought to not be allowed to strike. just those three, mind you, but it matters that much.