OT: terrorist attacks in Spain

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by eldiablito, Mar 11, 2004.

1. eldiablito

eldiablito New Member

Jun 8, 2000
    in Sagy's shadow
    I do apologize that this is off topic. Today bombs have killed almost 200 people in Madrid. The Basque separatists are denying responsibility. Al Qaeda is claiming responsibility.

Two and a half years ago, our city was affected by terrorism. At that time, I was touched by the global community's show of support and outpouring of sympathy. We in Washington have the unique opportunity to do the same with the proximity of the Spanish embassy. Honestly, I'm not sure what one shoud do, but I plan on stopping by the embassy with a token of support and solidarity.

Regardless of where one is politically, Spain has been a close ally of the US in regards to intelligence and terrorism.

I would hate for America to ignore a friend in its hour of need.

For those who would like to know the Spanish embassy is located on Pennsylvania Avenue near GWU.

2. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanx for providing a link, K.

4. MeridianFC

MeridianFC Member

Jul 26, 1999
    Washington, DC USA
    Our thoughts and prayers are with the people of Madrid.

K.

5. Darth Norteño

Darth Norteño With Buddha In My Fists

The Arsenal
    Wales
    Dec 9, 2003
    laceyforest.arl.va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    This is absolutely sick. ETA or al-Qaeda, someone deserves to burn for this barbaric act of murder. I would hope that we (meaning the US) would help our Spanish allies find these bastards and bring them to the hopefully painful justice they sorely need.

6. Ricky_DCU

Ricky_DCU New Member

Feb 1, 2001
    Somerville, MA
    This is horrible. It's hard not to feel helpless when these things happen. Thanks for the embassy link K.

7. vivaelbolivar

vivaelbolivar New Member

Aug 21, 2003
    RFK & EL MADRIGAL
    My Spanish brothers and sisters my thoughts and prayers are with you in these painful moments.

May God bless your country like it has blessed ours.

VIVA ESPANA!!! VIVA ESPANA!!! VIVA ESPANA!!!