OT Superthread

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Cascarino's Pizzeria, May 3, 2020.

1. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    :confused::confused:
    MrsScouse bought the candy. Everything had peanuts or peanut butter in it. :mad::speechless::cry:
    Knowing I’m diabetic and fkn hate that disgusting shit.

She put a table out on the driveway with a big bowl of the shit candy and a sign saying please take one. Most! People complied. When it went we just put out the lights and shut up shop.

some people were handing out through mail slots or open windows. ;)

2. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    I just threw up. Fkn disgusting.

3. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    For someone who claimed to be :speechless: you had quite a bit to say! :whistling:

xtomx repped this.
  4. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    #929 xtomx, Nov 1, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
    You always have the right to be wrong. :thumbsup:

I will admit that Reese's may not be my favorite peanut butter cup, but they are delicious and almost perfect.

5. roby

roby Member+

Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    Oh please....this is P&CE! The Miranda does not apply here although anything you post can and will be used against you in a court of public opinion! :rolleyes:

xtomx and crazypete13 repped this.
  6. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Shudder......

xtomx repped this.
  7. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    She was probably thinking you didn't need any candy, and bought it specifically so you wouldn't eat it. I've been around married couples and heard the wives say that shit in person.

About 15 years ago, I walked in on an argument my folks were having because Dad (who was diabetic) brought something into the house from a convenience store that they both knew wasn't good for him. I ended up taking it home with me and eating it, thus saving the day...

I have major sweets preferences, as outlined in earlier posts, but really not much of a sweet tooth- I don't eat a lot of it unless it's given to me.

8. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Therein lies my problem. I have a real sweet tooth, that’s why the Mrs bought that shit. :)

I’m pretty good about doing without. It’s a better choice than chopping off a foot or two but I do miss my chocolate and sweets. Just a simple Kit Kat would make me so happy. :(:cry:

xtomx and Auriaprottu repped this.
  9. SetPeace

SetPeace Member+

Jun 22, 2004
    SC Illinois
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Speaking of sweet stuff. I bought a gallon pail of ice cream Wednesday at the grocery store. It's the first time I've eaten ice cream since February, and is one of the 'weakness' foods I used to fall back on when I didn't care what I looked like. The old me would have polished that gallon off in a day and a half or two days. As of today, I've only eaten about a third of it, and most of that consumption was put into a blender when I'm making a protein shake.

raza_rebel repped this.
  10. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    SetPeace repped this.
  11. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    Give me a break. ;)

12. roby

roby Member+

Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    Can't get this one no more neither. :cry:

[​IMG]

13. roby

roby Member+

Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    It's in the mail! :)
    [​IMG]

xtomx repped this.
  14. roby

roby Member+

Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    Ok...I admit I tried to pull a fast one on The Great Pumpkin. I really don't have a pumpkin patch but I tried to fool him/her with spaghetti squash. I had ordered Model Master International Orange #4682 to cover them but it's on back order! Obviously others had the same idea. I used some of my daughter's home made marmalade. I though maybe I got some jelly beans anyways but it turns out they were bunny and deer droppings. :(

15. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I need some help.

I write a column about the exploits of the Virginia women's soccer team and I need a good sports metaphor for my next column.

I need an example of a dubious stat. Not an obviously bad one like leading the league in ERA or interceptions, but something that at first blush looks good.

We played Syracuse over the weekend and their keeper was leading the nation in saves per game. You DON'T want to lead the league in saves per game. It means your team sucks.

Any ideas?

16. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    Penalties stopped? Late game rallies? Kickoff returns in football?

Val1 repped this.
  17. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    off the top of my head ... a great passing % for a CB, who successfully passes the ball a lot, but sideways 50 times per game, covering <20 yards each time?

dapip and Val1 repped this.
  18. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    If you're a goalie in hockey or soccer and your defense is so bad that you're leading the league in Saves, then your team is in big trouble.

Val1 repped this.
  19. SetPeace

SetPeace Member+

Jun 22, 2004
    SC Illinois
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Syracuse keeper, leading the nation in saves per game, was as busy as the Energizer bunny against the UVa women. You mean, something like that? OR

Feeling as if her backline had 2 players missing due to infractions, the Syracuse keeper has been kept busier than usual, as witnessing her nation-leading saves per game average. I don't know...

Val1 repped this.
  20. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Well, that's the point I'm trying to make.

The metaphor I'm going to use is it's like a safety leading the team in tackles. It's not a good sign.

21. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    keep it simple .... any time a team's best player (or MOTM*) is a defender for x many games .....

* in this case "Maid Of The Match"? :) )

22. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    You can do better. Man-eater? Matriarch? Maleficent? Motor?

23. crazypete13

crazypete13 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 7, 2007
    A walk from BMO
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Or mujer...

rslfanboy repped this.
  24. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    whats fun about your question is that it is reverse. I bet the boxer who ever got the most tkos applied to him had the most potential ko revcoverys ever. I don't know how to search that on todays search engines. I don't think todays search engines know how either, even if those stats are right there.

Dr. Wankler repped this.