OT: San Jose Forum Game

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by IBleedTeal, Apr 9, 2006.

1. IBleedTeal

IBleedTeal Member+

Jun 2, 2001
    Yves Fiat
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I know there is an OT forum, but I put it here for more traffic. Lets see if any of you guys are up for it. Here's how it goes...

The players will be randomly assigned a role by me. (I can't participate in this game, I'll just be a Moderator- but if any more games get going I'd appreciate it if someone takes over the Mod role so I can get in on #2 )

The roles are:

Villagers: Ordinary people. During the day, you guys will be angry that one of your fellow villagers has fallen and will start a mob to lynch someone, hoping its the mafia. Each villager will vote, when a majority has been reached- the targeted player will be killed and his identity revealed. You can change your vote until a majority has been reached.

Detective: During each night, he will select a target to indentify (he will PM me) I will tell him if the selected person was an Angel, Detective, Mafia, or Villager. He must be careful not to just out himself, otherwise the Mafia will kill him and his power will be useless. This person also votes during the day.

Angel: The Angel can protect one person at night. If the mafia try to attack the protected player, nothing happens during the night and it goes back to day. Again, the Angel should try to remain secret as long as possible so that his power is useful. He should also try to protect the Detective. This person also votes during the day.

Mafia: They try to slaughter the villagers. If the number of mafia is equal to or greater than the number of villagers, they win. They will know who the other mafia are and can participate in the voting. It's encouraged that they discuss strategy together in PM.

The game has 2 phases, night and day.

During the Night, the Mafia will PM me their target, once majority is reached I will announce who died. The Angel will PM who he wants to protect. The Detective will PM me the target he wants to indentify. After everyone PM mes, the announcement is made on who died (unless that person was protected, in that case mysteriously nothing happened that night...) The Detective will get a PM back with who the person they selected is.

During the Day: the Villagers awake to a mangled body out in the open. They want revenge and start a mob to lynch a potential Mafia. All LIVING players will be able to vote (including bad guys and the angel and seer)

Please vote like this: I vote for bluef0x
    If you change your vote before the lynch has happened: I change my vote from bluef0x to Cheechoo

Once the majority is reached, the mob will lynch that person. That person may no longer participate in the game and Night begins.

Sooooo, if this sounds interesting say "I'm in." here. Once we get around 10 players, I'll create an official game thread where everyone will participate. or post any questions, call me dumb here.