OT - Richmond Barra showing for Kickers vs. LaLaGals Tuesday?

Discussion in 'Supporters Abroad' started by dcLIZunited, Jul 9, 2007.

1. dcLIZunited

dcLIZunited New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Lot 8, RVA
    Club:
    DC United
    Who's with me to boo Landon Donovan? Kickeroo (the Kickers' mascot) sent me a Myspace message saying he fully expects to see some Richmond Barra members there. I think game is $15 and at 7:30 at UofR Stadium. I'll be there in my DCU gear.

2. moreno9

moreno9 Member+

Aug 24, 2002
    Henrico
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm in! Got my ticket already and am looking forward to booing LandyCakes. I might have to give one cheer for Xavier depending on what his hair looks like though. Other than that, die LaLaGals DIE!!!!!!!!!! :p

3. rwhgeek

rwhgeek Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Page and I will be there might tailgate this time since there will be more of a crowd.

4. wcevery4yrs

wcevery4yrs New Member

Jul 10, 2006
    Baltimore
    Can someone please do a lot of booing in proxy for me as I'm Barra but in Baltimore and can't make it? Remember to hurl a lot of invectives at the Gals for me, too.

Thanks.

-Patricia

5. dcLIZunited

dcLIZunited New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Lot 8, RVA
    Club:
    DC United
    What time will everyone be getting there? I usually park on the street next to the stadium (where the main entrance to the lot is, just not in the lot) if anyone wants to drink beers out of the trunk. ;)

6. rwhgeek

rwhgeek Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We should be there before 6 I think the babysitter is arriving around 5:30. We might park in the lot to decrease the chances of Johnnie Law taking our beer away.

7. rwhgeek

rwhgeek Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not a problem. I am not very good at many things but yelling at the Galaxy is one task I can excel at.

8. moreno9

moreno9 Member+

Aug 24, 2002
    Henrico
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I should be there pretty close to the time you are Mr. Geek :p if you're going to be hanging out. I'm happy to help coordinate folks over to a/the car if folks want. Just PM me and we'll swap mobile #'s.

9. rwhgeek

rwhgeek Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    PM sent I also sent it to Liz so we will all find each other. The heat scared off the wife so I am solo, it wasn't just the heat it was me explaining that the only reason we are going is to cheer against a team. Some people just don't understand. See you there.

10. dcLIZunited

dcLIZunited New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Lot 8, RVA
    Club:
    DC United
    I hope the Kickers put Murphy in. Haha.

11. dcLIZunited

dcLIZunited New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Lot 8, RVA
    Club:
    DC United
    I'm hoping the weather holds out...if it gets crappy like it looks like it's about to, I might not venture over there. We'll see at 6...

12. moreno9

moreno9 Member+

Aug 24, 2002
    Henrico
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm starting to think that I will not be there for a 6:00 tailgate and will wait until it's a little closer to 7:00 to arrive. MLS team in Richmond = RAIN, RAIN, RAIN and lightning. And this time, add some hail that's coming down :rolleyes:

13. dcLIZunited

dcLIZunited New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Lot 8, RVA
    Club:
    DC United
    Exactly. If it was DC coming to town, I'd be there rain or shine. I'm having a hard time getting myself psyched up to spend money I don't have on a game that might get cancelled just for a team I want to boo...

Come back sun!

14. apqjr

apqjr Member

Aug 30, 2003
    PB Gardens, FL
    AND??????? How was it?

How well did Richmond play or how bad did LA look?

Mods - please move if necessary. Sorry!:eek:

EDIT - Liz, never mind, I just caught your report on the the LAG forum. Thanks again!

15. dcLIZunited

dcLIZunited New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Lot 8, RVA
    Club:
    DC United
    No problem!

I felt naughty posting on the Gals forum, but I was curious as to what their fans were saying and had to interject my own thoughts (especially after Kickers fans had been posting and one thanked us Barras that made it). :)

16. dcLIZunited

dcLIZunited New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Lot 8, RVA
    Club:
    DC United