OT- North Central College

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Jacen McCullough, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Ke1n

Ke1n Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Naperville is a suburb of Detroit.

willydonc, xtomx and HeyFireGO repped this.
  2. GHjelm

GHjelm Member+

Apr 23, 2008
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Also, my Downtown Naperville gift card was charged $7/year fro inactivity. Bastards.

xtomx repped this.
  3. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    ALL of the people with whom I worked were "native" Napervillians, except one, who was from Romeoville or something.

4. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Well, there was my problem. Allegedly.

HeyFireGO repped this.
  5. LIZZIE

LIZZIE BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 18, 2001
    Sec 126
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My daughter graduated from North Central. Because it is smaller, there seems to be more personal attention to the students. Also, each of her friends who graduated from there is gainfully employed at a wide variety of living wage jobs (NC didn't get them the jobs, but must have contributed to the end result)

They are investing in infrastructure- new Fine Arts Center, new residence hall down by the stadium, and I believe they are building a new science center.

And as far as a place to live, if the yupscale Naperville isn't your thing, there are many more diverse communities close by.

6. I remember winter bus rides to play basketball from Lombard to Nappyville Central through miles darkness to see the sign:

Naperville
    Pop. 12k something

In 40+ years the corn fields have filled in alright.

Chris M. repped this.
  7. loonixxx

loonixxx Member+

Chicago Red Stars
    Aug 28, 2004
    Soccer Limbo
    Club:
    Jagiellonia Bialystok SSA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Being approximately 4 miles from Naperville's eastern border I remember those cornfields from when I was a kid. Heck the cornfields extended to my neck of the woods too. Pheasant were a common sight and a good many of the two lane roads (they're four and even five lanes wide now a days) had a 55 mph speed limit.

8. chiladd

chiladd Member+

Mar 21, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    It is only called Naperville cause John Naper's wagon was hijacked by racoon's on the way to Earlville.....

bunge, seamuslush, willydonc and 2 others repped this.
  9. Traffic control at intersections often required only a two, or four way stop. Pheasant were quite common. Did you ever go down old Lacey Road between Butterfield & Finley where the tollway is now? The hills were sharp enough if you got enough speed up you could go airborne & bottom out your car. Probably not good for the car, but more convenient than a roller coaster.