OT: NHL Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea Off Topic Threads' started by Eddie26, Dec 10, 2005.

1. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I think Drury is the best 4th line center. Probably because I've had a huge man crush on him since his BU days.

I didn't know about Jordan Leopold either. That surprised me. I was quite happy about it.

Mike Knuble surprised me. I know he's a Flyer and I know he's American but I didn't think he was that highly regarded as a player. I love him and think he's a great tough winger to put out there. He fights for everything and doesn't stop until the whistle is blown.

2. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    i'm not certain (As i dont see many eastern conference games), but, i think knuble played on that thornton line in boston and had a GREAT season (when they last played hockey). *thinks* or was it the samsanov line... anyways..
    he really impressed me then.. does he play on forsberg's line in philly?

3. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I am pretty sure he played with Thornton in Boston. That was the main criticsm of him when he came to the Flyers, that he played with a great center who just fed him.

He is on the Forsberg line now along with Simon Gagne. Hence his great season, no one seems to pay attention to him when those two are out there.

4. chelsea new yorker

Apr 26, 2001
    brooklyn, ny
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Well, I'm resurrecting this thread, given announcement of teams for Torino 2006.
    First, Knuble was a PRETTY good player at Michigan (so was my nephew, now toiling at Albany in the NJDevils organization - or lack thereof - and "on the cusp" of getting his NHL debut)
    I love how the Russians play, so I support them - regardless of Gospodin Abramovich and how he has continued (but didn't start) the Chelsea Revolution (I guess Hoddle and Gullit could be considered the Kerenskys)

5. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Hey, Tom. It's Eddie from Philly, didn't know you posted on here.

6. chelsea new yorker

Apr 26, 2001
    brooklyn, ny
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Yes, I know. I also know you post on here a lot.

Used to do a lot on the Offical CFC boards, but find it hard to deal with the Brit mentality that all is doom and gloom, and ************ you if you dare behave or even think, otherwise, so let's get drunk and make useless fools of ourseleves....'"From the folks that gave the world the Scott and Franklin expeditions" (both ended in utter failure) and had an empire reduced to one fog-shrouded island with 20% unemployment..... besides, like the universality on this board (all points of view welcome, as long if you bring your manners)

besides, SLOW day at the office. saw where the Islanders called up my old friend Jeff Hamilton (who found out that pro Russian hockey contracts are worse than the NFL's).

headed to Albany tonight to see the Rats vs. Portland. Rumor has it that next year or 2007 the Devils will move training camp, practice facility and minor league team to Lakewood, NJ, where they plan to build a 7000-seater. Vandenbeek lives in the area.

7. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I'll actually be at the Penguins-Leafs game tonight in Pittsburgh. I am considering wearing my Flyers sweatshirt just to piss them off!

8. chelsea new yorker

Apr 26, 2001
    brooklyn, ny
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Years ago, when I did business in Pittsburgh, I stayed right across the street from the Igloo. One Saturday afternoon, a gentleman opened his room door next to mine simultaneously. In a Quebecois accent, he said "Good afternoon, my name is Andre DuPont". He stood a good two inches below me. This was "Moose" DuPont of the Flyers? He offered me complimentary tickets, which I graciously accepted.
    The game today has changed so much. Jason (my nephew) is 6"4", 205 lbs., and FAST (he spends nearly 90 seconds on the penalty-kill unit, and his goals this year are all short-handed). He is not a freak, as many players are that size (or heavier) and not a slowpoke in the bunch.

9. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    All that needs to be said:

[​IMG]

10. TxTechGooner

Feb 24, 2003
    that crosby is such a stud... i am amazed with how good he is already~
    leave the hype out of it.. just as a hockey player.. incredible.

EDIT:

we get the wings tonight... always nice stomping those posers to the ice.
    they are the chelsea of the nhl. (all the plastics like em).

11. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You mean used to like them....just like Arsenal's bandwagon, fading.

12. Forza Moskva

Forza Moskva New Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Mila Kunis' Crib
    Re: OT: NHL Thread (ok'd by Clan)

I'm willing to bet money that Russia makes it further than USA. You up for it little baby? We have the best coach, and Datsyuk + kovalchuk will ******** on your whoel line up. Plus which US goalie can compete with Khabi+Sokolov. You're stupid. (remembers you thinking eagles would beat pat - moron)

13. TxTechGooner

Feb 24, 2003

datsyuk/kovalchuk... those two have, imo, the best puck handling skills in the game. the technical skill of the russians is an amazing thing to watch.

14. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC

You're class. Really. One day you'll grow up...realize how much of a douche you were in your youth and regret living.

I love how for the last year I was like your best friend...you'd send me IM's...you'd ask for my opinion on things...tell me about some great goal you scored in a video game...ask for homework help...and I make one comment about telling you to cool it and now "You're stupid. (remembers you thinking eagles would beat pat - moron)" Nice.

Russia still has no shot...but I never said the US did either.

15. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Just got home from the Pens-Leafs game. Amazingly, the crowd was about 1/2 Leafs fans. I also came to the realization that after the Rangers and Devils...Leafs fans are 3rd worst. Reminded me of Cowboys fans. Obnoxious and annoying.

Crosby was ok. The Penguins suck though. No one on that team could skate after the 1st period. They seemed to be so tired.

Sergei Gonchar was/is terrible!! When he was with Washington, I thought he was a great player but he gave away the puck so much tonight. It was incredible how much he lost it. When he was with the Caps I thought he was the guy who brought the puck up the ice and QB'd the powerplay but I don't think he did it once tonight. Does anyone know if he did? I was thinking that maybe Bondra did instead but I really thought Gonchar was better than that.

16. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Could you please get a life.

P.S. Somewhere else.

17. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    too bad

18. sportinglisbon1

sportinglisbon1 New Member

Jan 2, 2002
    Mississauga, ON.
    As a leafs fan I must say I take pride in the fact that you hate us. We are hated by all other fans around canada, and you'll often hear "GO LEAFS GO" in every Canadian city... often drowning the 'home team fans'. My friend made the trip down there for the game and i was close to going. Atleast you got to watch a good game....

As for the russian guy, be proud in finishing 2nd best behind Canada, what a great achievment... you must be so proud.

19. Forza Moskva

Forza Moskva New Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Mila Kunis' Crib

You realize I'm joking, right eddie? I have absolutely nothing against you, infact you're one of the few I respect here. Relax, it's the internet, don't take it serious. But for real - Russia > USA

20. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Come on guys, let's not make this USA vs. Russia thread. Right now, it's tough to say who has the better team, but either way, it's not like either one will win it anyways. Historically speaking, we obviously know who had the better team. (1980 not counted) :p

21. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC

Well, calling someone stupid and a moron doesn'talways come across as joking. That's what smilies are for. Watch...Forza, you're an ASSHOLE! :D

22. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Who, the Flyers? I seem remember them sending you guys home with your tails between your legs! OK so I don't remember but I've seen the game and been told about it. Russia, let me introduce you to the Broad Street Bullies.

I really need to talk Catherine into letting me go to the game either on Thursday (NJ Devils) or Saturday (Rangers).

23. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    It was a good game. For the most part the Leafs fans were good and behaved and it was all in good fun. There were some young, inexperienced, drunk Leafs who couldn't hold their alcohol and made asses of themselves and of the 51st state.

:p

24. sportinglisbon1

sportinglisbon1 New Member

Jan 2, 2002
    Mississauga, ON.

There isn't a city in the world that doesn't have their share of retards.... Unfortunately Toronto isn't excluded. I remember going down to Raleigh when the Leafs played the Hurricanes in the Semi's a few years back.... 6500 leaf fans made the 13 hour drive down there. Easily one of my best memories as a leaf fan.

25. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Not that there are a lot of good memories as a leaf fan.