OT: La Liga Latino De Soto Park

Discussion in 'St Louis FC' started by Battra, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Battra

Battra Member

Feb 3, 2010
    South St. Louis City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. time4wine

time4wine Member

Mar 13, 2009
    St. Louis
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I totally forgot about this. Last year I met one of the players from the league, I met him volunteering for Athletica when they played one of their games @SLU.
    Damn, I really wish that AC FO would get on the ball and start reaching out to groups like this.

3. STLSpurs

STLSpurs New Member

Dec 3, 2008
    St. Louis

Someone I was talking to about this asked a really good question:

"Well, do they have any players from the local hispanic community?"

4. time4wine

time4wine Member

Mar 13, 2009
    St. Louis
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know. I've ran into the same thing with the Croatian community. Pero is Croatian and he said that's the reason why Croatians from the community won't go, because AC doesn't have any Croatian players. I wonder if that is the reason why other ethnic groups won't go. It's a good thing AC at least has a Bosnian player.

5. STLSpurs

STLSpurs New Member

Dec 3, 2008
    St. Louis

There's also not a lot of marketing targeted towards those communities---but the club could surely take out some ads in the Bosnian, Croatian and Spanish language papers for not that much money.

6. Seph

Seph Member

Dec 2, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo., USA
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree, but in AC's defense, the Bosnian community is both large and closely affiliated, making them easier to market to. The Croatian community is somewhat smaller, and the Hispanic community is more spread out, having grown slowly over time rather than a massive influx into one area of town over a short period like the Bosnians.

There's definitely room to improve their marketing to all of those communities, though.

(Sidenote: I've coached many games at DeSoto Park, and that field sucks. I can only imagine what this heat has done to the little bit of grass it has. My home field I coach on is right up the block on top of the hill.)