OT Flooding

Discussion in 'Philadelphia OT' started by SoccerPrime, Jun 29, 2006.

1. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope everyone is alright out there from all the flooding.

My family is both northeastern PA and near the River in Bucks.

Good luck!

2. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The rivers here are mad high. My prayers are that those along the river and creek flood prone areas will be able to cope with the least amount of damage possible. Like last year, I'm more than willing to spring into action to help out anyone in the affected zones who need help with clean-up after the waters recede. We really have been hit with an oddly high frequency of major flooding along the river lately (something like 3 major floods within the past 18 months). This is a fairly substantial climatic anomaly for this region. It was something like 30 or 40 years before the last major flood...and now three in a row. It's been raining everyday for the past two weeks and it is thundering/lightning as I am typing this. From a meteorological perspective, we are in a bad long-wave pattern right now that hasn't been changing very quickly.

I am currently posting this message at a house that's backyard is almost a new shoreline for the creek behind it a half mile from the Delaware River. Plus I'm very close to downtown Trenton which has been evacuated. Crazy.