OT: Everyone be safe

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by MDFootball, Sep 18, 2003.

1. elconejito

elconejito Member

Dec 24, 2002
    Where Homer Lives
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i have power, so i can browse the net and these boards. but i don't have running water to take a shower...

i think that's fair :D

2. TCompton

TCompton Member

Oct 21, 2002
    Alexandria
    Well, parts of Alexandria have power again. I took a walk down to Old Town to see the damage. It looks like the flooding is the main part. Union St is under water for the most part. There are several trees or branches down, but from where I walked, it didn't look like too many of them blocked interestions.

The storm was more wind and less rain, thank goodness. Not too much damage around my neighborhood in Del Ray, mainly leaves and branches cluttering the roads and yards.

I hope everyone was at least as fortunate as I was.

later

-ted

3. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    I'm sure if you're reading this, you're already aware of it, but if you live in Fairfax, Alexandria, Loudon, or Prince William, you need to boil your water before using it.

BTW, the VT/Texas A&M game was awesome last night. I was soaked through by the end of it. I'm sure I'll have Pneumonia next week.

4. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Lost power last night. Nearly lost my cookies as well. Damn gin and beer will get you.

Sachin

5. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    One of my families huge weeping willow trees got ripped out of the ground. Went back home and saw it, pretty amazing but at the same time depressing to lose something like that. Not too much damage though, only a fence. Thankfully noone was hurt by it.

6. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    no flight to LA, missed my game. oh well, finally got power after 40 hours...

7. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    I'm sorry man.

8. tmas

tmas Member

Dec 30, 2002
    Is that all, my power was out for 66 hours, thursday evening to sunday morning.

9. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Is that all? I've been out since Thursday around 6:00 os so, and it's still out and might not get restored until FRIDAY!!!

PEPCO sucks.

10. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    What's a lariot squad? Some kind of homo erotic cowboy fetish thing?

11. vladsta

vladsta Member

Jan 11, 2002
    FIRE PEPCO!!! ;-)

12. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    I wish I could laugh. Still no power this morning, and I somehow doubt it'll be on when I get home from work tonight.
    I'm not exactly thrilled by the fact that we're going to have to throw out all the food in our freezer either.

13. MattR

MattR Member+

Jun 14, 2003
    Reston
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You won't have to throw it out if you invite us all over for a cookout.

14. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This would have been a great weekend for a home game and a Bring-it-b4-it-defrosts-and-rots tailgate ;-)
    I almost invited a bunch over, but luckily, even out in the boonies where I live, we only lost power for 1.5 hours on Thursday and 14 hours on Friday.
    Hope everyone gets power soon, and if you have gas, bake up some brownies for Sunday's tailgate b4 those eggs go bad ;)

15. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    I am sorry to hear that.

I am in the same situation also.

Our power went out at 3:30pm Thursday (before the storm actually hit the area).

Who knows when it will come back.

The street in front of us has power. The street on one side of us has power. ???

Today was trash day, so we threw all our food out last night. :(

It could have been worse, no trees fell on our property. One huge pine tree three feet away from our property fell directly away from our house, but luckily there was nothing on the other side.

Hopefully DC United will take it all out on the Metrostars.

16. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Just got home. Still no power.

17. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry to hear that, Mike. We lost power from Thurs (8:00 pm) til Friday (9:00 pm), so I consider us fortunate. We had no damage, but my sister's house in Tidewater got clobbered & flooded. Everyone is ok, though, so I still consider our family fortunate.

18. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Finally came on about an hour ago. I need to go back to bed.

19. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    Good to hear that.

Still powerless here. :(

20. GDopplerXT

GDopplerXT Member

Jun 12, 2001
    DC Area
    No power in my neighborhood either. Coming up on 5 days now. We have a gas-powered hot water heater and a gas grill though, so it's all good.

21. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    I never lost power, but I haven't had phone service since the storm.

22. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the rain last night did more damage than the hurricane out where I am, it washed a good portion of my road away for my morning commute, I hope there is still some left for the way home. I heard they were showing people near my house getting rescued by boat on the news this morning, damn Goose Creek.......
    It's hard to believe people actually used to exxist quite happily without electricity...... but then they didn't have the internet ;)

23. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    I'm watching Channel 7 news, and they mentioned that there are STILL 98,000 PEPCO customers without power. Yet somehow, Dominion Power only has 20,000 remaining. Both started around half a million.

I'm going to buy a generator before winter gets here. I don't even want to contemplate what it would be like to lose power if it's 20 degrees outside and have to depend on PEPCO to restore it.

24. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    I'm one of those 20,000.

Sachin

25. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    I'm sorry. I know EXACTLY what you're going through.

:(