OT: ESPN Deportes available on Cox

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by elconejito, Nov 1, 2004.

1. elconejito

elconejito Member

Dec 24, 2002
    Where Homer Lives
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Slightly off-topic, especially in a critical week for us regards the playoffs, but i thought this new-worthy.

Starting today, ESPN Deportes will be available on Cox Cable. They are introducing a new Paquete Latino Tier that will replace the old TeleLatino Tier. If you already have TeleLatino, then you automatically get the new one. It is also (in my case) an automatic $6 increase.

ESPN Deportes shows alot of UEFA Champions League, including several top-flight games this week. I believe they also have contracts for Spanish League as well. Also in the tier is Fox Sports World Español, Univision, Telemundo, Telefutura, and Galavision.

I'm still waiting for GolTV, but this is still nice.

2. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Very Cool :cool: Thanks for the heads up....

3. eldiablito

eldiablito New Member

Jun 8, 2000
    in Sagy's shadow
    muy chevre!

what channel? I noticed last week that I had espn deportes for one day and then it disappeared.

4. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Channel 428. I got it for free about two weeks ago and thought I'd really scored. I went to watch Real Madrid play whoever, and got the regular "Screen of Death": "You are not authorized to view this channel......"
    I didn't know if someone at Cox screwed up or if it was a "teaser" to get folks to subscribe.

5. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    This is great news.

Does anyone know what you package you have to buy for DirecTV? I already pay $12/month for the sports (FSW is worth it alone) but I think it'll be a tough sell to get another $11 from me every four weeks.

6. eldiablito

eldiablito New Member

Jun 8, 2000
    in Sagy's shadow

Okay, ditto that story for me, except I was hoping to see Barcelona against Real Madrid. The next day, I didn't even get that "screen of death" I got bupkus--as in did I just dream the whole thing happpened.

Incidentally, I subscribe to that Latino package so it made me more confused.

7. eldiablito

eldiablito New Member

Jun 8, 2000
    in Sagy's shadow
    A little help.

Is anyone actually getting espn deportes? Because I couldn't even get the screen of death for 428 yesterday--it just automatically went to the screen of death for 500.

thanks for any info.

I really don't want to have Cox [suckers] customer service--a true oxymoron if there ever was one.

8. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven't tried buying it. I assume (I know that's dangerous to do) that to get ESPN-D, one would have to get some kind of "Spanish" tier. Since I don't speak or understand Spanish (no-one in my family does), I know Mrs. Winoman would not go along with spending an additional $25 - 35$/month for it.

9. eldiablito

eldiablito New Member

Jun 8, 2000
    in Sagy's shadow
    Thanks.

My confusion is in the fact that I already subscribe to the Latino tier, so I was expecting to see it last night (and didn't). Was wondering if anyone is actually getting it.

10. eldiablito

eldiablito New Member

Jun 8, 2000
    in Sagy's shadow
    Last night I had it and I'm thrilled--no election coverage for me, just a replay of Champions League game Barcelona beating AC Milan in the 89th minute. I can't say how happy I am to not have to forget to tape espn2 when I'm at work.