OT: Combat sports

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by loden, Oct 19, 2009.

1. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Its all good, saw some solid bouts and KO's in the welterweight, light heavy, and diesel division. Got a picture with Emmanuel Steward so well worth it. He looked at my Barca jersey peculiarly, trying to figure out what state and boxing school I was from :D

2. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nick Diaz to box against Jeff Lacy. Opinions? I think Nick will get his ass whooped, probably big time too.

3. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Is it bad if I don't know either of them?

4. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    No, but I'd start watching Nick Diaz, he's a very entertaining fighter.

5. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Will Roy please hang up the gloves immediately? Nobody's trying to see one of the best p-for-p fighters ever die in the ring. We don't need a real life Apollo Creed :(

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPS8pK-DPlc"]YouTube - ‪Roy Jones Jr KO'D AGAIN by Russian Denis Lebedev NASTY KNOCKOUT 21.05.2011!‬‏[/ame]

6. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    It's messed up.

7. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Klitschko vs Haye is coming up. Haye has talked alot of shit about this bout for the last couple of years, but the question is can he deliver? Personally, I don't believe it. I think he'll be jabbed into oblivion and then knocked out with a straight right, or a left hook.

8. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    He should have lost do Valuev but judges gave him the win. Did you see the sit down withMax Kellerman those two had on HBO? Man, watching Vlad struggle to talk back to haye in English was nerve wrecking.

9. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Lol what? Klitschko actually was much better than I thought he'd be. Said he's a wannabe with flashy flash lol. 6:55 to 8:00 is epic, he should be in Terminator 5

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4OV-W4KmHk&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - ‪HBO Face Off - Wladimir Klitschko vs David Haye‬‏[/ame]

10. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I don't expect Wlad to talk to Haye at all on Saturday. Wlad will talk with his fists. I hope we don't hear of Haye after Saturday.

11. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    The staredown was cool but you can tell that Vlad was frustrated because Haye is very quick with his words and English is Vlad's third language after all.

12. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    He was much better than I expected. Pretty much owned Haye for at least half of this interview, you can pretty much tell who will win the fight.

13. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
  14. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    If Vlad avoids a ko in this last round he should take this by UD. I have it 7-3-1 to Vlad.

15. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    In the end I have Vlad winning seven rounds to four with one even.

16. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Vlad wins a wide decision but this doesn't help boxing. We needed a Vlad ko or Haye win.

17. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    That was pathetic, HBO guys were comparing Haye to a soccer diver lol. Yawn...what a snooze fest. Larry Merchent owned Roy Jones, Jones tried to defend Haye looking for a 1 punch KO, and Larry said stop wasting my time lol!!!! Only the 12th Rd did Klitchko do anything significant. Was waiting for those 1-2 combos and got to see it in the 12 rd...great.

Klitchko inc. hold all the belts, totally wiped away everyone who stands in their path. Next up is the 2 of them starring in Terminator 5, nothing more left to prove unless they fight each other which their too doctorate to do :rolleyes:

18. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Do you really want to see them fight each other? They have the same trainer and identical styles, talk about a snoozefest...

19. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Wlad confirmed that he is the best heavy out there. I think the two will stay champs until retirement. Who out there is any good? Where are the young guns?

20. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    No one, it's over... They can't be beat, they have the stranglehold on the heavyweight division.

21. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    The only decent fighters out there who can maybe challenge the Klitschko's are Adamek (who Vitaliy is fighting in September), Povetkin, and maybe Boytsov. There are alos guys like Dereck Chisora who could be potential challengers. I think Vitaliy is gonna fight this next fight with Adamek. If he wins, and he should, he will probably fight David Haye cause apparently he wants to knock him out a lot. Then Vitality will retire and reliquish his belt. Wlad will fight someone for that belt. If he wins then Wlad will hold everything. He will defend the titles for some time probably till he's 38 and then will retire as long as nobody beats him.

22. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Adamek's too small to pose any challenge really. Wasn't he originally a cruiserweight or something?

I see Vlad outpointing Povetkin to a wide decision.

23. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Adamek, actually, spent most of his career as a Light Heavyweight (a notch below the Cruisers). His cruiserweight career was very brief - five or six fights, after which he moved up to HW..

I think Wlad knocks Povetkin out.

24. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Anybody see Fedor - Hando fight? Good fight actually, but Fedor shouldn't let his management talk him back into taking onto more fights. He is definitely not the same fighter he was a few years before.

25. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Yea I saw it. I swear, his last like 5 fights have just been brawls, no gameplan or anything and you can attribute that to his downright awful coaching staff.