OT: Combat sports

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by loden, Oct 19, 2009.

1. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    PS: I hope Arlovski also quits, for his own sake more then anything else. He's done.

2. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Sergio Martinez is such a beast, took Serhiy Dzirziyuk's title belt and ended his 37-0 record in emphatic style.

In the 6th & 7th the Ukrainian looked worthy and even cut Martinez just above the eye and had him complaining in the corner about not seeing. His corner cheated and wasted like 10 sec after the bell for the 8th but then dude knocked our boy down for the 3rd, 4th and 5th time in the fight. He had never been knocked down before this fight...

3. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I wouldn't be too surprised, a middleweight knocked out a junior middleweight.

4. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Pretty much, he was against it. He was more muscular and threw more powerful punches but was also quicker. Sergio Martinez is very good, this is the 3rd time I've watched him fight. First time he bloodied Kelly Pavlik's face like a murder victim and then a few months ago had what was rated the knockout of the year (craziest one I've ever seen live maybe) to avenge his controversial lose to Paul Williams in the rematch. Dude is sick

5. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Pac Man vs. Martinez, please let it happen!

6. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    That would be sick but I doubt it, their not really same weight are they? Max Kellerman said Martinez next big fight would be up and coming Kirkland who is one of the only eager contenders who is calling to fight him.

7. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Dr. Ironfist with a 1st Rd KO lol its too easy for them. The two of them need to fight, if they don't haters like Dima will overlook how truly great they were. If they fight its a piece of boxing history for the ages, 2 brothers, 2 Champions...epic

8. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    They will never fight. They are brothers. I do not think if I had had to fight a member of my immediate family that I would be able to summon enough aggression, necessary in this sport.

9. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Fighting is their sport, they get hit no matter who their opponent is. They will go down in history as underrated and unappreciated champions if they don't fight, the sad truth.

10. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Yes, but how many brothers do you know who actually fought each other in sanctioned bouts at this level?

11. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Have there ever been 2 brothers as clear champions at this level? Its not fair to the sport that the 2 best boxers don't fight cause their brothers, they chose this sport, its the life they chose you fight the #1 contender or best opponent not avoid them. I understand its a fuked up situation but they need to to do it for the sport and the honor of Ukraine. Would bring nothing but mega publicity and attention to them, go down in history the way they ought to.

12. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Vitali only has a fight or two left in him. He will retire and Wlad will, I believe, unify the titles. I think the impasse is very temporary and, very soon, it will be solved. Both brothers are HOFers.

13. crew92

crew92 Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Pripyat, Ukraine
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Russia v Armenia is on ESPN3

I work out twice a day 6 days a week and am currently on two types of steroids. Im 6ft8 and weigh 290 lbs and can bench 450 lbs. Dimuha can Dimochka on my dick.:mad:

14. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia

Fat ass.

15. crew92

crew92 Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Pripyat, Ukraine
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Its all muscle bro.

16. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine

Hahahaha crew92 is a bonecrusher. Built like Joe Thomas style Ogger's in Cleveland :D

17. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia

It's a well known fact that most steroid abusers and meat heads can't fight. The best fighters are normal looking. Just look at pro boxers, most of them are just cut and don't look anything like meat heads.

I'd rather fight a steroid user than a mean looking short guy.

18. crew92

crew92 Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Pripyat, Ukraine
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Heres a pic of me would you want to fight me?

[​IMG]

19. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia

hahaha, I like this crew guy. Underrated poster.

20. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I'm 6'3", 270 pounds, and I am all fat!

21. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Berto vs. Ortiz was an absolutely sensational fight!!! Both got knocked down twice, one each in the first 2 rounds! Ortiz just out worked and out slugged Berto and took his belts!! Epic brawl!!!!

Amir Khan not as impressive as his fight of the year win over Maidana but dominant for sure

22. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Damn, my sleeping pattern is all screwed up so I ended up missing it since I went to sleep at like 9:30 last night.

23. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    You seem like a big boxing fan, do your best to find it online and watch it. If you ever hear Emmanuel Steward say 'oh my god!!' in the 6th & 7th you know you've seen something special lol

24. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Golden Gloves Nat'l Tourney in Indy this week, wanted to go to the Finals tomorrow but will have to settle for the semis tonight. Should be fun, my first time viewing the sweet science in person!

25. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Dude...I hope you're not expecting miracles. They're not pros so you'll see a lot of appendages flailing about not so gracefully. I've gone to a few Golden Gloves finals in NYC, and also a few lower tier professional bouts. The difference between professional and amateur boxers is simply night and day. You can actually see the tactics and the strategy in pro fights. Amateur fights, not so much.