[ot]Anyone live in Media?

Discussion in 'Philadelphia OT' started by Sachin, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    We (wife and I) were up in Media this past weekend visiting friends. We really liked the area and want to learn more about it. Anyone on BS live there?

Sachin

2. sccaflagger74

sccaflagger74 Member

Apr 24, 2005
    Media, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I used to live in Media, in about 2001-2002, on Jefferson St. Great place and I would love to move back but a house is out of my price range right now. Great downtown, you can walk to almost anything you need. Close to the Blue Route, good SEPTA connections. Lot's of good restaraunts and pubs. In short, for me it's almost the perfect suburban town.

Note that it does have a conservative streak that I'm not too fond of, dunno if that is important to you. When I lived there the borough removed all of the City Paper/Philly Weekly boxes due to the ads in the back and there was also a serious flap over a lingerie/toy store that opened up on State St. The window display was not as racy as what you would see in Victoria's Secret yet the town government was in an uproar due to the close proximity of an elementary school. The store was forced to close due to enforcement of an adult entertainment clause (written after the Crum Lynne/Smiley's flap and intended to avoid the opening of a strip club in town). That stuff pissed me off, don't care about adult toys but I want to read the weeklies, dammit.

Also, there was a decent CD store in town that has since closed.

Let me know if you need any other info.

Bob

3. Sundevil9

Sundevil9 New Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Reston, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

My family is from Springfield. I grew up across the river, but after college I lived there for about 2 years.

Feel free to PM me.

4. dcajedi

dcajedi Member

Jul 16, 2001
    Philadelphia
    i'm going out on half a limb to say that my fellow norteno isn't gonna complain.

you really thinking about moving, sachin?

5. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    It's something we've talked about....The idea of being able to sell our house here and buy one there outright holds an awful lot of appeal.

Sachin

6. romero09

romero09 New Member

Apr 7, 2005
    .*-PEREZ ZELEDON -*.
    AHH YOU GUYS ARE talking aobut media ! i go thare everyweekend to the mall , and some kids on my team are from thare , i am costa rican but i live here in glenolden in delco near tinicum , wahre the airport is , and i goto interboro highschool and play for interboro u 15 A . you guys must be real old but im just livin the life as a freshman bangin all the girls from springfeild .. man springfeild is blessed :D

7. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Lukily for me, my life has progressed beyond banging girls from Springfield....

Sachin

8. Looper121

Looper121 Member

United States
    Jun 19, 2003
    Sec 104
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, he said Springfeild, not springfield. The girls are much hotter in springfeild.

9. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Well, in that case, ""That's what I love about these high school girls, man: I get older, they stay the same age."

Sachin

10. romero09

romero09 New Member

Apr 7, 2005
    .*-PEREZ ZELEDON -*.
    /

i herd that in a movie before ...