Osorio Interview

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by On the Road Again, Jul 17, 2007.

1. On the Road Again

On the Road Again New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Just finished listening to Osorio's interview. He made some interesting comments:

His first priority would be to find another stryker before he would look for a defender.​
    He is hopeful that Rolfe and Robinson will be cleared for practice later this week.​
    Mapp will probably be out two weeks.​
    He's not going to be reluctant to sit anyone down who doesn't want to give 100%.​
    He re-emphasized the fact that under his watch the players will be expected to pick up their intensity level. In addition, he feels like we have enough points left to earn to get into the playoffs and that is his primary objective.​
    He feels that there is plenty of talent on the team but that they guys don't play like a team and that will be the primary emphasis in training sessions. ​

I like the guy and I like what he has to say. Now we just have to see what happens on the field. I almost wonder if some of the older guys aren't chafing just a little bit under the changes and that has impacted their performances in the last two games.

2. Es Brennt

Es Brennt Member+

Feb 25, 2003
    Shermer, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I read an interview here.

3. CHI_TOWN_BALLA

Dec 24, 2006
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I want that new player already

4. The Blind Pig

The Blind Pig Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Section 8
    i think osorio is a great choice

but i think guppy walked into a lucky call on it... osorio has been doing everything possible to get into mls, dave had to go and aside from giving it to the assistant, it was pretty much just osorio

now i just pray the new owners dump guppy and keep osorio

it's time to set fire to the roster

5. tacologic

tacologic Member

Jul 13, 2006
    Brooklyn
    Osorio is doing well at talking the talk. Let's just hope his walk follows. And I know that I've been overly patient in the past, but if things doing look a fair amount different by this time next year, I'll be worried.

6. Super Sting

Super Sting Member

Jan 27, 2006
    Hopefully he can at least have the team score a goal.

I was excited at first but when he put a virtual Sarachan Lineup, I became quickly disappointed. This is not a team that needs fine tuning it is a team that needs a complete overhaul. My line up

>>>>>>>>>>>>> Busch

>>>>>>>>>>> Robinson >>>>>>>>>>> Soumare >>>>>>>>> Segares

Menezes >>>>>>>>>>>> Guerrero

>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thiago >>>>>>>>>>>>> Blanco >>>>>>>>>> Oliviera

>>>>>>>>>>>>> Monteiro >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Barrett

7. On the Road Again

On the Road Again New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    I think the guy has had something like five training days with the team so I am certain that he has had to rely on Dennis' wisdom and experience in putting together his first couple of lineups. I am sure that will change once he has had an opportunity to put his system in place which he has not been able to do yet. A lot of the posters on here want instant pudding rather than a cake from scratch, I'm afraid.

8. tacologic

tacologic Member

Jul 13, 2006
    Brooklyn
    The fact that he put in a virtual Sarachan lineup might mean that Dave's wasn't as bad as we thought it was... I agree with the overhaul part, but it can't happen until the off-season I'm guessing.

9. Sparky98

Sparky98 Member

Jun 8, 2007
    I think the more he has to put a Dave inspired lineup on the pitch the quicker he will realize that he has a sh!t roster. Who's to blame for a sh!t roster? Dave and Guppy, right? But he's Guppy's guy, so maybe he can rely on Guppy to get him what he needs to make this team competitive (or atleast score a goal).

10. Tahu

Tahu Member

Apr 13, 2001
    Chicago-North Suburb
    I agree, but I like Guit in back and move Bakary to Menezes spot

11. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Before blanco and rolfe play you could have juggled the lineup all you wanted and not scored. The fire didn't have the people who can score. We still need another goal scorer and passer besides rolfe and blanco.

12. Sparky98

Sparky98 Member

Jun 8, 2007
    Forgive me, without a media guide (thanks FO!) I don't know, what is Bakary's true position?

13. Tobin

Tobin Member

Mar 31, 2004
    Chicago
    Natural position is defender but I am pretty sure he has played in the midfield before in college, but it seems like all players say, "I will play wherever coach wants me to play."

14. lethargytartare

lethargytartare Member+

Oct 2, 2000
    Magrathea, Horsehead Nebula
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Yeah, but at least Osorio calls his 4-5-1 a 4-5-1, instead of trying to tell us a 7-1-1-1 is really a 3-5-2.

fwiw, here's the lineup I'd like to see once everyone's healthy:

--------------Pickens-----------
    Menezes Robinson Curtin Guerrero
    -------------Gutierrez-----------
    ------Thiago----------Mapp-----
    --------------Blanco------------
    -----------Rolfe--- Carr---------