Oscar Wyatt arrested in UN Oil-for-food Scandal

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Northcal19, Oct 22, 2005.

1. Northcal19

Northcal19 New Member

Feb 18, 2000
    Celtic Tavern LODO (
    Wow.
    http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/topstory2/3407592

Oscar Wyatt, Houston icon and uber Republican arrested for doing kickback biz with Sadaam! Not exactly the bleeding heart, Kofi Anan lovin', liberal the right was expecting to bag, I don't think.

Oscar is big smoke in the Houston oil/politics/social scene in Texas. His wife, Lynn Sakowitz is a department store heir and they HAVE to know the Bushes. What a tangled web we weave...

2. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Oscar Mayer still free?

3. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    I think it's technically, "Oscar Miers."

;)

4. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm going to refrain from calling you a lying sack of sh!t, but only because I think you posted this without doing any research and ASSUMED a Texas oilman would be a Republican. On the contrary. Wyatt is a huge DEMOCRAT donor. Next time, get your facts straight first.

5. biggyv

biggyv Member

May 18, 2000
    PGH PA
    A quick scan of the FEC's database shows he donates to both parties in pretty big numbers, with a slight majority going to Democrats.

As for me, when I think "Texas oilman", I always think of that guy on The Simpsons that's always shooting his guns off in the air.

6. Crimen y Castigo

May 18, 2004
    OakTown
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. biggyv

biggyv Member

May 18, 2000
    PGH PA
  8. Northcal19

Northcal19 New Member

Feb 18, 2000
    Celtic Tavern LODO (

Well, I worked for Coastal as a kid, and I would be very suprised, floored actually, if Oscar is a dem. I don't doubt for a minute he gives them money.

And I sure do appreciate you not calling me a lying sack of sh!t. Your not a reactionary douchebag who picked out a small tidbit of tangential information instead of discussing the fact that an American Oil mogul has just been arrested for doing illegal business with Sadaam Hussein.

9. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Maybe this link will help.

Or, this one

"Wyatt and wife Lynn are major donors to political causes: since 1989 they have given nearly $700,000 in contributions, of which more than $500,000 went to Democrats."