Orlando Stadium Discussion

Discussion in 'Orlando City SC' started by Macsen, Mar 7, 2010.

1. bigtw64

bigtw64 Member+

Aug 16, 2003
    florida
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Midfield General and Lancaster FC repped this.
  2. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Orlando City just launched a five-game flex pack. You get the Opening Match, and four matches chosen from several groups of regular-season matches.

The good thing about it: I got supporters' section tickets, and it's $25 each, with a total of $4 in added fees.

Honore de Ballsac repped this.
  4. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cool aerial view of the Lions Den from a drone.

UCFWayne and Lancaster FC repped this.
  5. BigData

BigData Member+

Feb 2, 2014
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Not The Den, The Jungle!!! :)

G Enriquez repped this.
  6. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The resale prices for regular-season tickets is insane. But what is really pissing me off is the resale for the Supporters' Section.

Both The Ruckus and the Iron Lion Firm have a no-scalping policy. So whoever is selling them are NOT supporters. (Or they won't be for long.)

G Enriquez repped this.
  7. BigData

BigData Member+

Feb 2, 2014
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    That will be interesting to see about the SS. Is there a way the SGs can figure out who is selling them?

As for the other games, what we are seeing is sale prices, I don't think we can verify what people are actually buying them for. So it may not be as bad as it seems, though we should get a pretty good return on purchased tickets this year.

8. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably not. It's most likely the people who do the same thing at every event, just buying up tickets in bulk and trying to sell them for a profit at Stubhub.

9. Lancaster FC

Lancaster FC Member+

Oct 2, 2007
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    scalping tickets is American as apple pie

welcome to capitalism...

... fyi... high resale tickets are the surest sign that ownership is losing out on $ and ticket prices will go up in the future.

10. fsufiji

fsufiji Member

Apr 6, 2010
    Auburndale FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Supporter's Section" is a rather vague term for the North end or Phil Rawlins' Stands. The 5000+ tickets sold are for almost anyone with a credit card. The Ruckus have just over 1000 card carrying members and I understand the ILF is close to that. Where do you think the other 3K tickets are going to go? Honestly? Does the team hold them for a day when the SGs have grown? I have had tickets in the supporter's section for going on 7 years, this year my seat numbers are way up in one corner BUT it is GA so the seats are for accounting purposes only. I don't know if or why the SG would spend the effort to see if a member was scalping other than what we do now.....
    Yes, for several years the Ruckus have had a ticket exchange page on FB and anyone who is a member is encouraged to sell there or just trade for other games when friends or family are able to join you at the game. BUT have you attended a game in the "supporter's section" at CWS? A vast majority are not in either organization and are there for the party. This is great but does lead to some problems; Sit down, don't wave flags in front of my kid, Why are you singing the whole game? When will the drums stop? Efforts are made to save the area directly behind the goal for veteran supporters who will stand and chant and wave flags.
    As Lancaster stated above, people with the upfront cash are going to capitalize on the laws of supply and demand. The team is getting more popular; mentioned more often in the print, electronic and traditional media, events are attended by more people than similar events a year ago etc. How do folks think 31,000 people will fit in 25000 seats?
    Tickets for seats behind my sideline seats are currently going for $1300 each and that is tough to say no to when I could use my son's tickets in the PRS.
    I just thought I would put this out there after seeing all the butt hurt (That is the wrong word, surprise? angst?) on FB. I get that people don't have the funds for season tickets and are/were thinking that life would go on as it had and tickets would be had for $20 forever. Maybe in July and Aug.
    On a positive note we have 20 more parking spots at the Broken Cauldron. $510 for the season credit card in advance and it gets a free pint for each game. call the brewery if you need a spot for this year. 407 986 1012

11. UCFWayne

UCFWayne Member

United States
    Apr 22, 2014
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    drove by the stadium last night. looks great and i cant wait for the first game, but they definitely have a lot of work to do.

Lancaster FC repped this.
  12. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. Leondecollao

Leondecollao Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
  14. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My pleasure. Yeah...the stadium is going to rock.

15. canammj

canammj Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    CHINO, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Coming out from LA for your game in April against Colorado. You place looks insane. I came the first year with a huge crowd at Camping World, but had to come back to see the new place. It will be great to see the game on grass rather than that green parking lot of a field at Camping World. Then for kicks, I get up early on Sunday morning and fly to Atlanta for their game vs DC at Boddy Dodd. Also outdoors on grass. I am in no rush to see at game at an NFL+DOME+TURF stadium....

16. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's great that you're coming down South for two matches.

Are you a Rapids fan or a Galaxy fan?

17. canammj

canammj Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    CHINO, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LAG fan from day one, who somewhat is envious of what LAFC is doing.....:unsure:

Also out to finish my collection of stadiums. I will pick up Minnesota next year and LAFC in 2018, so I will have seen all MLS teams in at least 1 or 2 of their homes. I always try the older or original stadium first, then come back a second time for the newer stadium.

18. BigData

BigData Member+

Feb 2, 2014
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Very cool!

19. canammj

canammj Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    CHINO, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only took me 20 years !

20. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, LAFC has a pretty impressive ownership group. They are doing things right from the get-go. With a beautiful, centrally located stadium.

Although, I'm not a fan of their badge, to be honest.

21. UCFWayne

UCFWayne Member

United States
    Apr 22, 2014
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is a nice badge

Midfield General repped this.
  22. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like it too. A unique look.

23. fsufiji

fsufiji Member

Apr 6, 2010
    Auburndale FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Busy times ahead. Phil posted a video of the lights being turned on and said it was the last piece of the puzzel. Lino Nation got an email this morning listing the coming events: What use to be called the kit release party is now the Q and A with Jason Kreis on Wall Street Friday 17 Feb at 1900; Ribbon cutting at 1000 Friday Feb 24; Open House the 25th; Kids vs Pros to see the field Thursday 2 March at 1900; Pub crawl starts at 1600 on Saturday 4 March.

UCFWayne and G Enriquez repped this.
  24. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. fsufiji

fsufiji Member

Apr 6, 2010
    Auburndale FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes! A little love from the press for our brewery. We still have 15 parking spots left. Just $510 for all 17 games (and you get a pint each game for someone over 21). Stadium will be ready for a game and some minor things inside might need a few more days.

G Enriquez repped this.