Orignal Misl Art Work Question

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by cardshopmd, May 3, 2012.

1. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    here is what i am trying to find out , (1)Who is playing The Cincinatti Kids VS Who And who are the players in the photos it looks like the blast but i dont thik it is could be buffalo

[​IMG]

2. ff2doc628

ff2doc628 Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    arrows...

3. ff2doc628

ff2doc628 Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Arrows%2078-79%20Home%20Ercoli,%20Pollihan_small.jpg pretty sure[​IMG]

4. GameraRPZ

GameraRPZ Member

Jul 24, 2006
    #7 looks like Kai...........But he didn't ever play for either team did he?

5. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Are these really supposed to be anyone? The jerseys appear STYLED after the Arrows and Kids but there are no logos.

6. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yes they are players the artest who drew them only made a few i was shocked it went so cheap on ebay when i bought it , as soon as i get it ill have it framed , and find out who the players are at the time the artest did the art work he did not have permission to use the team logos but had permission to use the misl logo . i am still doing some research on this ill keep u guys posted if i find out anything new about the are work

7. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thank doc saved me a few hrs of research

8. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hers what i dug up on the artist

Jim Jonson is concerned with the kinetics of a sports event. He responds personally to the energy and the power generated by finely conditioned athletes, having been one himself. But above all he attempts to communicate the phenomenon of motion. He does not try to free these moments as a high-speed photograph would, but by skillfully employing the multiple image, Jonson dramatically enhances the narrative power of his paintings. You not only see where something is, but also where it was and the direction in which it's going.
    In addition to the phenomenon of motion, Jonson is also concerned with the specific instant: the point in the action which most dramatically highlights the athlete extending himself almost beyond his limits. It could be the face of a long distance runner straining to reach the finish line, the arched back of a pole vaulter as he barely clears the bar, or the stretched legs and clawing hands of the high hurdler. For all their apparent spontaneity, which sometimes borders on the abstract, however, his paintings adhere to the classical tenets of drawing, composition, value, and color harmony.
    Jonson's first illustration assignments were for magazines and advertising agencies in California where more and more art directors who were beginning to tire of the photographic realism then predominant responded to Jonson's painterly approach.
    Since then he has moved to the East Coast and his work appears regularly in Sports Illustrated, Ski, Time-Life Books, and other nationally famous publications.
    He has also exhibited in many museums including the National Art Museum of Sport Competition where he was recently a top award winner.
    Album covers for Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole and the Beatles, the "Ben-Hur" movie ad campaign, illustrations for Sports Illustrated, Look and The Saturday Evening Post were only part of Marietta artist James D. Johnson's lifetime work. Mr. Johnson, 78, was a nationally recognized artist who painted under the name Jim Jonson.
    Mr. Johnson passed away on March 19, 1999.